1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

JuniperSkyy

Sodbuster
I just checked the wiki and it looks like you have to complete the CC bundles or Joja first. Sorry for the misleading memory!
It's okay, I kinda assumed that. So i finish cc, then get hearts with him. Looks like i have to find him every day and give him gifts yayyyy :(

Jayamos

Farmer
It's okay, I kinda assumed that. So i finish cc, then get hearts with him. Looks like i have to find him every day and give him gifts yayyyy :(
Just buy him a beer at the Saloon in the evening, or probably when the shop is open, you’ll be on that boat in no time.

Summer of Year 3 Started, learned from a big time-consuming mistake: with everything there is to do or potentially to do and with all my harvest fields covered by junimo huts, it's counterintuitive to spend so much time replanting one-time crops.

So this season, it's all repeating crops and from now on, summer squash, blueberries, hot peppers, hops, and corn.

I already got all cooking requirements out of the way apart from the seafoam pudding anyway, so I don't have to be too diverse. I am however, making enough ponds for most of the coolest drops and renewable ingredients for the seafoam pudding and lucky lunch.

I've also come across some pretty interesting train designs. And I grow more amazed at Emily's diverse outfit imagination. And Abby came to the trading booth, so I just had to get her unique wares, and try on her bow.

Attachments

Last edited:

zMerry

Farmhand
Summer of Year 3 Started, learned from a big time-consuming mistake: with everything there is to do or potentially to do and with all my harvest fields covered by junimo huts, it's counterintuitive to spend so much time replanting one-time crops.

So this season, it's all repeating crops and from now on, summer squash, blueberries, hot peppers, hops, and corn.

I already got all cooking requirements out of the way apart from the seafoam pudding anyway, so I don't have to be too diverse. I am however, making enough ponds for most of the coolest drops and renewable ingredients for the seafoam pudding and lucky lunch.

I've also come across some pretty interesting train designs. And I grow more amazed at Emily's diverse outfit imagination. And Abby came to the trading booth, so I just had to get her unique wares, and try on her bow.
Repeating crops are the way to go. I've been filling Ginger island with coffee beans and blueberries. I just go over them with the scythe every few visits or so. Replanting every few days is so frustrating once you're far enough into the game imo.

Repeating crops are the way to go. I've been filling Ginger island with coffee beans and blueberries. I just go over them with the scythe every few visits or so. Replanting every few days is so frustrating once you're far enough into the game imo.
I've been planting a mix of pineapples and ancient fruits on Ginger Island lately, and had to set some space aside for some wheat for a Qi's Cuisine quest. I still have to burn through a lot of wheat so it's not a total loss, but I've also been stacking some pressure nozzles and expanding even further.

charmander

Farmhand
I made a new save as I haven’t played for years, so I wanted to start fresh for the new updates.

For the first time, I’m playing with something other than the standard farm, the beach farm.

I’m on Spring 22 of the first year still. So nothing major has been happening. Been putting some things in the community bundles and recently got some crab pots because of it!

I’ve been mostly fishing all this time. I love it.

NetworkerC

Sodbuster
Flower Dance Y6. I’ve only attended once, since the start, and it was for the Rarecrow. But, Yaknow, dance with the wife, while I’m there, why not?

So what did I do, with the day? Pretty much spent the whole thing (minus animals time) nuking my Ginger Island Farm setup. Now that I can get Pressure Nozzles, due to kind of stumbling into 50 Qi Gems (100 floors in the dangerous SC), and 35 from a Prizzy Display quest, I can optimise this further. (See my crop list in my last post here) Turns out you can get 13 7x7’s on that main patch. Great! Except Qi only does the Nozzles in batches of 4!

I need to do some serious tree-chopping. I’m sitting on the edge of Spring, and am not even halfway to that 600 Quality Fertiliser. I’ve had a background job of making 81 Heavy Tappers, for 81 Hardwood Trees, to tap the Sap. Wiki says you’ll get 3-8 Sap per night, on a Mahog tree. The hard part with this, is the 81 Heavy Tappers.

…Only to have a re-read, while typing this, and realise that it’s 1 night, for that stuff, on a standard Tapper. Sigh. Might just repurpose the Heavies, for Oak Trees.

My SGBs are also sprouted, in the Greenhouse, so I need to throw those (minus Gold Quality ones) into Seed Makers, sharpish. I seed Standards and Silvers. Golds go to sale. Iridiums only come up, in my main 600 run, in Fall.

Only very slightly further, on my 600 Qi Seasoned Lucky Lunches (see above, about my gems going to Pressure Nozzles), got one or two more Sea Cucumbers, thanks to trying to drain a Magic Bait supply that I originally intended to use, for the Spook Fish (Winter 17 caught me short), then kind of… didn’t. Down from 235 to 91 though, so getting there. Dressed Spinners thanks to cyber-mummies in the above mentioned Dangerous SC quest. Come on, those things are definitely Arnold Schwarzenegger in bandages.

Right?

As to the Rhubarb, it came up on Spring 20, so I now have another 600 Rhubarb and Parsnips, and Garlic predicted to come up on 26 or 27.

ArtifactSpot

Yep. Every first-year spring I build up cash so I can splurge on strawberry seeds, and then I don't sell all of the strawberries so that when I get a seedmaker I can begin spring year 2 with seeds already ready. Strawberries, blueberries, and cranberries are my year. :grin:
Way cool! like doing anti ancient fruit and anti star fruit saves for fun.

ArtifactSpot

I played in the mines and chopped a ton of trees for foraging points. Having the darndest time getting hardwood or mahogany seeds this save for some reason

Summer 7 Year 3, finally made my last big money payment (for the return scepter), completed all crafting requirements, and cooked my last dish.

Now it's a race to see how quickly I can get enough gold for the clock and possibly beat my old record.

I'll also be finishing monster eradication goals (serpents, mummies, and magma monsters) and racking up the last few friendship points I need for a few NPCs.

Yvi

Sodbuster
Having the darndest time getting hardwood or mahogany seeds this save for some reason
My very first run, I didn't get a mahogany seed until I bought one on ginger island. Thankfully, I was able to get one much earlier in every subsequent save file. I hope you find some soon!