1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
You go to settings, scroll all the way to the bottom, and click screenshot (I think.) Don't quote me on this, I may be wrong.

Thanks! Tried it last night. Going to try for a before and after when I clean up my farm from an old save. It's the Riverlands farm from my first game before I decided to try out the other maps.

Speaking of, I went to the desert fair last night and was amused to find the mystery lady selling portraits of my wife, Penny. I bought one but she's still selling them. :owo:

JuniperSkyy

Farmhand
Thanks! Tried it last night. Going to try for a before and after when I clean up my farm from an old save. It's the Riverlands farm from my first game before I decided to try out the other maps.

Speaking of, I went to the desert fair last night and was amused to find the mystery lady selling portraits of my wife, Penny. I bought one but she's still selling them. :owo:
Oooh, the before/after sounds like it'll be cool. I'd love to see it when it's done!

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I got Alex as a vendor at the Desert Festival this year! I am now finally swagged with Magic Hair Gel, and am delighted to report that the five-o-clock shadow (and presumably other facial hair "accessories") also changes color.
I noticed that the vendors seem to be a little random --- there were different people on day 1 of my Riverside farm (year 4) than on on day 1 of my Meadowlands farm (year 1).

NetworkerC

Sodbuster
Still a 1.5 over here. The Metro doesn’t pay out as well as it used to, so consoles for me. 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, harvested 600 Potatoes, and planted 600 Rhubarb. I had a plan when I started Spring Y6, that I would grow 600 Blue Jazz, and wasn’t sure where to go after that. Decided just before the Jazz bloomed, that it would be Potatoes. Potatoes harvested, I needed something else to plant, so quicker than Motoya’s GCB Impreza could get down Rte 3, I dashed to Sandy, and 60k later, I have 9 days spare. Starting to wish I’d made it Parsnips, for an unspeakable quantity of Farmer’s Lunch. Ah well!

Anyway, Rhubarb all planted at 2:30pm, so I go see Robbo for some building movement. The animals aren’t spotting some of the grass. They will now, I hope! Amethysts are being used as Purples when big man Qi calls in 100 colours so I’ve got 11 Crystalariums chugging them out. I’ve got some doing Jades aswell. An operation that needs major pushing, when I’m done gathering… 4,800 Sap, and 120 Iridium Bars. Spring 11, with a Fall 1 target, and only have (Psst, Motoya, what’s 470 divided by 5?) 94 Iridium Bars, and (uh, 470 x2 940 x2 1880 x2) 3,760 Sap.

If anyone wants to know why I have such a maniacal amount of Blue Jazz, it’s because I’m going to make 600 Qi Seasoned Lucky Lunches. That’s only 600 Qi Gems. I’ve got a rejig of my Ginger Island op coming up, when my current Sweet Gem Berry Crop are done, so I can give myself more corn plants. It’s 600 Sea Cucumbers that is going to be the hardest part.

I’m only a day away from being done (just need Garlic, which harvests tomorrow, in the Greenhouse, to craft the Oil of Garlic. My other achievements are to be a Joja sellout, and both Prairie King ones)

Speaking of my island redo, I’ll need Qi Gems there, too, for the Pressure Nozzles. Whoever said late-game doesn’t keep you busy, huh?

Late addition: 12:30am and I just saw a lightning bolt clobber one of my Rhubarb. I have 17 Lightning Rods… Turns out I’ve had 2 crops roasted. Thankfully, I have Rice Shoots, to take their place.

Attachments

Last edited:
Winter, year 2. Built 2 more oil makers, a row of kegs & some preserves jars. Now I've got 3 oil makers, 1 dehydrator, 1 fish smoker, 16 perserves jars, 25 kegs, 2 crystallaria (correct plural?). Selling 6 truffle oil per day, at least 4 smoked fish, and purple star quality alcoholic beverages and cheese. Finally get some money coming in!
Tomorrow, I'll buy the furniture catalogue.

And - oh! - finally entered the
mastery cave, claimed 4 masteries, and already found a golden mystery box and an animal cracker. Fed it to a goat. The cracker. Well, the mystery box spit out 20 quality fertiliser, which is very nice and useful, but not exactly "superior".

ArtifactSpot

Winter, year 2. Built 2 more oil makers, a row of kegs & some preserves jars. Now I've got 3 oil makers, 1 dehydrator, 1 fish smoker, 16 perserves jars, 25 kegs, 2 crystallaria (correct plural?). Selling 6 truffle oil per day, at least 4 smoked fish, and purple star quality alcoholic beverages and cheese. Finally get some money coming in!
Tomorrow, I'll buy the furniture catalogue.

And - oh! - finally entered the
mastery cave, claimed 4 masteries, and already found a golden mystery box and an animal cracker. Fed it to a goat. The cracker. Well, the mystery box spit out 20 quality fertiliser, which is very nice and useful, but not exactly "superior".
Great job!

Question though, what do the dehydrator and fish smoker do? Do the fish smokers add value to fish? Dehydrator is for produce I’m guessing, but does it make more money than preserve jars or kegs?

Great job!

Question though, what do the dehydrator and fish smoker do? Do the fish smokers add value to fish? Dehydrator is for produce I’m guessing, but does it make more money than preserve jars or kegs?
Smoked fish sells for twice the price of raw fish.
Dehydrator produces dried fruit, dried mushroom and raisins. The sell price for dried fruit and mushroom is 2.5 x base price + 25, while jelly gets 2 x base price + 50. However, you need 5 fruit/mushroom for a jar of dried fruit/mushroom.

To be honest, I don't care overly for the price of these special products. They are fun, and their products are needed in later game. You can't actually compare dehydrator with preserve jars, because apart from fruit and mushroom both process different goods in different quantities. But above all else, it's just fun to look at the smoked and smoking (yep!) fish. 😄

zMerry

Farmhand
I unlocked my third mastery & first trinket! I love this little guy so much. So darn cute.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 203408.png

Side note, couldn't choose which pit to jump in lol. I ended up going with one that only dropped me 4 levels.
I also got the last house upgrade (kitchen) which has finally motivated me to sort my house out for real.

Odyssey

Tiller
I unlocked my third mastery & first trinket! I love this little guy so much. So darn cute. View attachment 21835
Side note, couldn't choose which pit to jump in lol. I ended up going with one that only dropped me 4 levels.
I also got the last house upgrade (kitchen) which has finally motivated me to sort my house out for real.
If you have multiple shafts on the same floor in the caverns they should all drop you the same number of floors.

I gave my horse a carrot and went to the mines and i fainted and My significant other (irl) was playing with me they started giving me life elixerss and then we tried again i also tried fishing up the glacier fish seeing as it was winter and i have level 10 Fishing an iridium rod and a trap bober and 2x999 bait i was unsuccesful my significant other chered me up by saying maybe next year (I didnt want to reset their progress) it was the last day of winter. The next day was the 1st day of year 3 and then i walked up to abigail and gave her a quartz and she said the line i always imagine that she crunches on it mid sentence.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I've decided that I am never choosing 50% profit in the advanced settings menu at startup again. Also, I got really unlucky with weapon drops so I've been trying to finish the mines with a silver saber. Nope, not happening!

alien19q

Greenhorn
i just wanna to share this strange expirience
well, i bought some mannequins from Oasis, place some indoors and dressed them up
and at one random day i woke up and my outfit was changed with one's from mannequins :flushed:
is someone else enqountered this ?:whistle:

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
A couple of exciting things today. I managed to get a date to the flower dance in year one for the first time, mostly by giving Haley tulips every chance I had. I was at three stars when I asked her, but asking her kicked me up two two stars! I also saw the sea monster while fishing at Willie's. I decided to try the Beach farm for a year or so to see how difficult it was, given that my strategy is to sink every dime I get into expanding the farm -- something I can't do with the lack of irrigation. I was able to plan my money so I was able to buy 30 strawberry seeds, my main stay: also knocked off a couple of bundles in the community center already. My plan for this playthrough is to see if focusing on fish ponds and animals is viable.

As I got to work on trying to optimize my productivity so I can maybe get to the summit faster than in my first file. (Current record is Winter 18 Year 4) I got to thinking

The Stable could be modified so that it could store carrots that the horse could eat 1 every day and keep its speed boost as long as there were carrots to spare?

I know nothing of making mods, but I'd like to see that if someone can do it.