Stardew Valley 1.5.5 (technical update) BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Hello everyone!

I have an important announcement regarding an upcoming change to Stardew Valley. Some time in the near future, Stardew Valley will receive an update (1.5.5), in which some underlying technical aspects of the game will be changed. In addition, there are various modder requests and a couple of bug fixes included in the update (most notably a fix for the
hard-mode mines
being stuck and unable to change back. This change was necessary in order to bring Stardew Valley to Game Pass, but it also future-proofs the game a little more, and will allow modders more freedom than they've had in the past.

If you're willing, it would be a big help if you could help us try out the new version. We want to make sure there aren't any bugs, and that it's going to be compatible with most computers.

As a precautionary measure, please make sure to back up your saves before doing this. Your saves can be found in %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves.
Also, please be aware that 32-bit operating systems will not be able to run the new version. However, we plan on providing a "compatibility" branch to players which will continue to use 32-bit XNA and will be compatible with old operating systems.

To try it out:
-right click on Stardew Valley in your steam library
-select "properties"
-select the "betas" tab
-click on the drop down menu and select "monogame64bit"

You should then receive an update with the new version.

If you're willing and able, it would be a big help if you could test this out and let me know if anything seems off.
Thanks!

Update at 3:30PM PST 9/7/2021:
- Holding Control in addition to Shift now allows you purchase stacks of 25 items at a time. This also can be used to craft 25 stacks of an item at once.
- Fix for audio going silent when playing any train related sound effects. (Introduced in 1.5.5)

Update at 4:45PM PST 9/14/2021:
- Settings such as keybindings will now default to their last loaded values when starting a new game. (Certain settings, like zoom level, gamepad mode, and multiplayer server privacy are not copied over)
- The Radioactive Bar is now affected by the Blacksmith profession.
- After completing the Cryptic Note quest, subsequently reaching floor 100 of the Skull Caves will guarantee a chest.
- You can now build/move farm buildings on top of tiles that have artifact spots on them. (The artifact spot will be destroyed)
- Pets that are blocking a tile while building/moving a building can be nudged away by clicking on them.
- The in-game time is now shown on the upper right hand corner of the screen when playing Journey of the Prairie King in multiplayer.
- Fixed the radius of explosions not being centered when dislodging flooring and certain other types of items.
- Fixed Garden Pots clearing out their fertilizers when a crop is harvested.
- Fixed an issue where placing a Garden Pot on Ginger Island on a rainy day could cause it to be placed without watered dirt.
- Fixed multiplayer hosts registering their lobbies before fully loading a save, causing the games not to appear in the multiplayer games list.
- Fixed a bug where moving a cabin with a cellar would cause the stairs to the cellar to warp the players out of bounds for the rest of the play session.
- Fixed Shane's 6-heart event soft-locking in the Hungarian translation.
- Fixed erroneous "\" characters in various events in the Hungarian localization.
- Fixed various typos in the French localization.

Update at 5:00PM PST 9/21/2021:
- Added the ability to "buy back" items accidentally sold in the same shopping session.
- Fixed a case where entering the Farm from the south on horseback and triggering an event could cause the player to get stuck in a wall.
- Fixed a typo in Livin' Off The Land that incorrectly states that Super Cucumber can be caught in Winter.
- Fixed various invisible tiles preventing certain spots in the Mountain lake from spawning fish activity bubbles.
- various changes for modders

Update at 3:00PM PST 10/1/2021:
- Added commas to the price display on Robin and the Wizard's building menus.
- Adjusted collisions on the desert map to avoid a sorting issue on the top edged of raised cliffside on the left.
- Fixed the tile holding the plant on the table on Elliot's table not being passable.
- Fixed an issue where Sebastian's sprite would shift into an invalid position at 1:00 PM when he is working on his bike on the farm.
- Fixed some tiles on the left side of the Beach farm being unbuildable.

Last edited:
Update Edit: Retested, just now in the September 14th update for the v1.5.5 beta. And, these 3 issues are indeed fixed. Thanks.

----
Hi, I retested in the latest v1.5.5 beta. And, I'm seeing these 3 bugs from v1.5.4 are still present.

1. Moving cabins with cellars will temporarily break the cabin's cellar warp points. This will cause players to get "stuck"(unless they can find the stairs), off-screen if they try to enter that cellar.
See initial report for further details.

2. Festival of Ice (Winter8), in French; has some dialogue issues for Penny, and Willy. See initial report for further details.

3. Shane's 6 heart event in Hungarian; is looping due to a typo. See initial report for further details.

Last edited:

Andrey

Farmhand
Update additionally requires .NET 5.0 Runtime (x64 version)

In addition, I wanted to let you know. Maybe this can be fixed...
New line of text does not fit in russian version

rusline1.png
rusline2.png

I personally couldn't reproduce the following bug on the Steam version (v1.5.4 or v1.5.5-beta) with Linux. As it appears to possibly be a GOG-only bug.
But, I did get a bit of helping testing this from Quirinea; who's using the GOG version.

Overall; it could use a little more testing from GOG/Steam users to help verify.
So, I figured I'd bring some awareness to this issue; just in case.

Bug:
Banana/Mango fruit trees are planted with corrupt data in Non-English languages(GOG-only?):

Edit: Just a bit of proofreading.

Last edited:

BlaDe

Farmer
- Settings such as keybindings will now default to their last loaded values when starting a new game. (Certain settings, like zoom level, gamepad mode, and multiplayer server privacy are not copied over)
HYPE!!!! (Shame about Zoom, but the rest are awesome!)

- After completing the Cryptic Note quest, subsequently reaching floor 100 of the Skull Caves will guarantee a chest.
Hype!

- Fixed Garden Pots clearing out their fertilizers when a crop is harvested.
HYPE!

imnvs

Local Legend
A mess because of auto-translate wonkiness.
Okay, I (and everyone else probably) are super interested in hearing what bugs are being found and fixed in this new beta for 1.5.5... but the auto-translator is making things difficult. You're still coming out in Russian.

imnvs

Local Legend
Will previous saves work when the beta is officially released?
At every update, old saves can be loaded in the new game version... but as soon as you save, you can not load the save in the old game version (like if you revert to an earlier installation/version).

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Update to the beta branch going out in a few moments, any help testing this stuff out is much appreciated!

- Added the ability to "buy back" items accidentally sold in the same shopping session.
- Fixed a case where entering the Farm from the south on horseback and triggering an event could cause the player to get stuck in a wall.
- Fixed a typo in Livin' Off The Land that incorrectly states that Super Cucumber can be caught in Winter.
- Fixed various invisible tiles preventing certain spots in the Mountain lake from spawning fish activity bubbles.
- various changes/improvements for modders

Tom

Rancher
It won't run for me.

Code:
Oops! SMAPI couldn't load the game executable. The technical details below may have more info.

Technical details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Runtime, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
   at System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGamePresent() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 80

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

hexnessie

Farmer
I installed the beta today but was not able to load any of my previous saves:

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1792
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6185
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4847
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3934
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1066
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 163

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
In-game Date: winter 14 Y4 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

BlaDe

Farmer
When the game is loaded, I can't drag anything overtop of the game window - It seems the game forces itself to the front.

This is quite annoying.

For my use case - Quite often I drag another window overtop of the game to show something on stream.

Elenna101

Farmer
When the game is loaded, I can't drag anything overtop of the game window - It seems the game forces itself to the front.

This is quite annoying.

For my use case - Quite often I drag another window overtop of the game to show something on stream.
Weird, I can drag stuff over the game window.

Also, a different display thing: I used to be able to maximize Stardew and have it cover the whole screen, but now it doesn't quite fit the screen, there's a thin strip on the side that isn't covered.

EDIT: screen resolution is 1920 x 1080, and I have app sizes scaled to 125%.
1632365215707.png

Status
Not open for further replies.