Stardew Valley 1.5.5 (technical update) BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

niemandasked

Greenhorn
let me know if anything seems off
Hello, good afternoon.
I've been having this problem: 5 to 10 minutes into the game the sound cuts off and the game begins to stutter big time, like 5 FPS or something; it becomes unplayable. Sometimes it comes back in a couple of minutes, but only to happen again shortly after.

I've already tried various methods to get the game to come back to normal but nothing works (the only fix is restarting the game). I tried changing priority, using only one core, restarting the integrated GPU, updated XNA and some others. Nothing.

I'm playing single player, in English without mods (though the problem is also present if I use them).

I know my notebook can run SV perfectly because I played it in the past with no problems. I got a HP pavilion dm3 with 1.2 GHz and integrated GPU (Intel HD Graphics). I run Windows 7.

I would greatly appreciate your help. I'm so confused; I used to play this game easily but now everything is hard. I gave up multiple times because I couldn't even start it at first (no graphic card found error). Only recently did I manage to fix it just to have more problems. I tried 1.5.4 (and .3, .2) but the game stutters from the beginning (developed by CA screen). If you could help me with that as well. I don't know what else to try.

Edit: now the older versions won't even open.

Last edited:

Topgunmommy

Newcomer
I've been testing out the beta and a lot of mods with it. Game seems to be running fine , with a few funny glitches. Here is my SMAPI Log parse.
ttps://smapi.io/log/8f11ba7a25de4273891ac48f07a01857

It says there are 5 SMAPI errors, but I don't know what they are. A few things I have noticed:
1. Some DGA seeds in Pierre's store duplicate seeds already there, but they say DGA in the description. When sold, anything labeled DGA sells for less, and DGA saplings can't be planted. I've had to delete most of the DGA versions of the mods and replace them with the previous versions. I had installed them in the first place because I read they would be MORE compatible with the Beta. They are NOT.
2. If I exit to title page then try to re-load game, spirits of items in my inventory (especially in bags) get changed to a real mix of things. But if I exit and reload the game there is no change to inventory.
3. There have been small hesitancy's in walking speed then sudden bursts in speed (running), especially in my house. or that's where its more noticeable. It also takes longer to load the screen when I enter or exit my house, but that may be due to the number of mods I have installed, although I never noticed the load lag BEFORE I started the with the Beta, and I had just as many mods, except for the addition of RIDGESIDE.
4. I'm having a few issues with RIDGESIDE wives, as two of the spouse rooms came unfurnished, and the RV wives will no longer kiss me, but other wise they are functioning fine.

As you can see with my log, I have tested out A LOT OF MODS with the Beta, and they are all compatible, the only problem I've had really is with the DGA mods.
At least you can add them all to the compatibility list.

Phate4569

Planter
- After completing the Cryptic Note quest, subsequently reaching floor 100 of the Skull Caves will guarantee a chest.
This is great that dead-but-mandatory floor is a bit annoying.

Can we get something more to do with Prismatic Shards in late/post-game? By the time we get the statue Shards are virtually worthless. Maybe getting Rock Candy recipe off Qi for 500 gems?

broil

Cowpoke
Hi, jjust switched to the beta today because I kept running out of memory, but then stopped gaining xp from fishing. Before I switched to the beta I had just leveled up to level 5 in fishing on Day 3 of Summer, so I have been playing for a long while before switching to the beta.

I also tested this on a brand new save without any mods. The character is on Day 2 of Spring when you first get the fishing pole, and he is not gaining experience points from it, not even for perfect catches or catching algae.

I also noticed that when you switch between tools like axe, fishing pole, etc, your current experience with that tool shows in the bottom left corner. That was not showing for me in the beta version as well.

I tried verifying game files on Steam, they were all accounted for so im not missing any files. Please let me know if you can replicate this or if you know it wont happen in the official release of 1.5.5. Thanks

EDIT: Nothing is gaining xp for me, not foraging, cooking, mining, fishing, etc

EDIT2: I just switched back to 1.5.4 and now I am gaining xp again for everything, for me the beta stops my experience gain entirely. I am on windows 10 also. So switching back to 1.5.4 fixed it.

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
@Topgunmommy Since it's likely your issues are with particular mods rather than the game itself, I'd recommend reporting them to the mod authors. You can also create a post in the mod support section or in the #using-mods channel on the Stardew Discord to get help with those specific issues.
At least you can add them all to the compatibility list.
If there is a compatibility list somewhere, it would be something community-built!

Status
Not open for further replies.