Stardew Valley 1.5.5 (technical update) BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rymnas

Newcomer
Not sure exactly what caused it, but there was a situation in Alex's 10-Heart in one of my playthroughs (no mods) that Emily was displaced from the beginning of the scene (I was zoomed out to the max), clipped through the lamp in Saloon's private room, served food from the wrong position, then clipped through the wall on the right and ended up inside Gus's room, instead of right beside Gus.

Wish I had a screenshot of the moment. I have tried several times to recreate this but to no avail, but yeah, I still wanted to report that this happened.

Tom

Rancher
I got it running with upgraded SMAPI. I verified that I can buy back something I sell to Pierre (too bad I still can't return things I accidentally buy; that's the problem I more often have).

ISSUE
When I drag the window to screen 2 and maximize it, it goes back to screen 1 as soon as I hit the Menu key. I tried a few other keys, and they didn't make the window go back to screen 1.

hexnessie

Farmer
Were you playing with mods on any of the previous saves? If so you'll need to run SMAPI's beta as well.
No - no mods, no different language versions, nothing beyond the vanilla Steam release auto-installed by Steam client.

ETA to clarify: The beta runs OK, I made a new char and I'm currently playing it, but pre-beta saves won't load. Perhaps this is expected, I'm not sure.

Elenna101

Farmer
ISSUE
When I drag the window to screen 2 and maximize it, it goes back to screen 1 as soon as I hit the Menu key. I tried a few other keys, and they didn't make the window go back to screen 1.
Oh hey, this might be related to my "can't fully maximize" issue. If I drag the window to the top of my screen (as opposed to clicking the "maximize" button), it fully maximizes and covers my whole screen, but as soon as I open the menu it goes back to not fully maximized.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Rancher
Oh hey, this might be related to my "can't fully maximize" issue. If I drag the window to the top of my screen (as opposed to clicking the "maximize" button), it fully maximizes and covers my whole screen, but as soon as I open the menu it goes back to not fully maximized.
Well, I do get that too once it goes back to monitor 1.

I also notice that loading a file takes a lot longer.

hexnessie

Farmer
+1 on the "much longer load times" and issues switching windows.

Additionally, some thin text is not antialiased correctly - in message windows (overnight levelup notifications etc.) the thin, vertical parts of letters like 't' and 'f' appear bolded/blurred/expanded.

MaiaSim

Tiller
The game stutters while running around as well as when fishing. Never had this before I loaded the 64-Bit.

hexnessie

Farmer
Chicken don't eat their hay on rainy days - I have a level 1 coop with 4 chicken and the hay isn't vanishing on (some) rainy days. I will retest this to make sure, maybe I'm missing something obvious ;)

ETA: Nevermind, I'm silly. They ate it the next night. (Though I would have sworn they usually eat in the morning!)

Last edited:

MaiaSim

Tiller
Linus's route is a bit buggy up at the train station. He even took out a tree (that's power). Screen shot attached. No Mods.
Linus.JPG

hexnessie

Farmer
Crashing out of the game at the end-of-day with the following error log

---------------
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.ApplyRenderTargets(RenderTargetBinding[] renderTargets) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.cs:line 887
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.SetRenderTargets(RenderTargetBinding[] renderTargets) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.cs:line 842
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.SetRenderTarget(RenderTarget2D renderTarget) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.cs:line 794
at StardewValley.Game1.PushUIMode() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 13671
at StardewValley.GameLocation.resetLocalState() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 5566
at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.resetLocalState() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 725
at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.resetLocalState() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\FarmHouse.cs:line 1400
at StardewValley.GameLocation.<resetForPlayerEntry>b__266_0() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 5496
at StardewValley.GameLocation.resetForPlayerEntry() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 5483
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9721
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__713_2() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8589
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4114
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3934
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1066
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 163

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
In-game Date: summer 7 Y2 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
Update to the beta branch going out in a few moments, any help testing this stuff out is much appreciated!

- Added the ability to "buy back" items accidentally sold in the same shopping session.
- Fixed a case where entering the Farm from the south on horseback and triggering an event could cause the player to get stuck in a wall.
- Fixed a typo in Livin' Off The Land that incorrectly states that Super Cucumber can be caught in Winter.
- Fixed various invisible tiles preventing certain spots in the Mountain lake from spawning fish activity bubbles.
- various changes/improvements for modders
What about update 1.5 for mobile? Been awhile since any word about it but players speculating

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
CA's not the one doing that, that's a separate team, so it's not really related.
Isn’t though seeing CA probably has his ear in what’s going on. So was just saying any word. Being last thing he said was he was looking for someone and that was July. So was just asking a rather relative easy question. Being he is the creator

imnvs

Local Legend
Isn’t though seeing CA probably has his ear in what’s going on. So was just saying any word. Being last thing he said was he was looking for someone and that was July. So was just asking a rather relative easy question. Being he is the creator
He may still not know. He's not creating the mobile version. Sure, he's the guy that hired the folks that are making it, and he could ask for an update. Hounding them regularly for updates, however, isn't a good way to keep them working on it.

hexnessie

Farmer
The display mode keeps switching from "Fullscreen" to "Windowed Borderless" and has to be manually changed again and again. This causes problems with tabbing out of the game, as the Windowed Borderless mode doesn't seem to want to go to a background process and keeps poping out to foreground.

Reactions: Tom

Luceat

Planter
Update at 3:30PM PST 9/7/2021:
- Holding Control in addition to Shift now allows you purchase stacks of 25 items at a time. This also can be used to craft 25 stacks of an item at once.
- Fix for audio going silent when playing any train related sound effects. (Introduced in 1.5.5)
Would that update and change also come to the (ps4)console-version? Please say yes.
But now, if i remind .. could it be more than 25 items at a time? Now i'm holding down the X-Button for minutes to buy .... let's say bombs etc.

Mooncalf

Farmhand
I'm also seeing a lot of stutter and choppy graphics, especially when moving around. It's very annoying. I'm running the game on a very dependable stationary computer, and prior to switching over everything was as smooth as it should be. I don't think my hardware's an issue - other graphics-intensive games such as Subnautica run fine as well.

Additionally, there seems to be some issue with the game "losing focus" - i.e. if you try to switch over to another program such as a browser - especially if the game is loading (entering your home, loading the save file, or retrieving the available saves). During these situations, it appears I can't alt-tab at all (the display somehow appears under the SV window?) and if I just move the pointer to my other screen and click on something there, SV seems to freeze up; Windows gives me that "This application appears to have stopped - do you want to terminate, or wait for it to resume?" prompt.

Also, the SMAPI console keeps outputting chunks of blank lines now and then. As in, gaps between the regular outputs of data. It looks weird and I never saw it in the regular game, but I don't know if it's meaningful or not.

Hope this can be fixed. I love the game and I love the idea of a 64-bit version that doesn't crash from memory issues.

EDIT: Attached computer specs, in case it's helpful.
1633553469393.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.