Stardew Valley 1.5.5 (technical update) BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaDe

Farmer
Sneaking any other changes would have to be quick, and require minimal to no ui changes or new text that would require translating. Bonus points if you can point to the area in code.

BrunoAlmeida

Cowpoke
Hey guys,

I accepted the community cleanup quest but the recycling bin doesn't appear behind the train station, and there's a question mark where the bin should be. Does anyone know what to do to solve it? I don't use mods and I'm playing the beta version. (I installed SMAPI in the past but didn't use it, now it's uninstalled)
Before that I was having the same trouble with the special request board and the beta solved it. I verified the files and it didn't work.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

Attachments

Just found this thread on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/1/3057365873443689846/
Retested on my end; definitely an error in French. It happens in v1.5.4, and in the beta v1.5.5.

Error: The movie, "It Howls In The Rain"; locks up the game in French. Right after the bush scene.
Cause: It appears to be that extra data between the "le buisson" quote, & the "pause 2000".

Example movie code parsed from the terminal:
English:

/message "'Look! It's in the bush...'"/pause 2000/

French:
/message ""Regardez ! C’est dans le buisson...""/...'"/pause 2000/

Notice, the extra: /...'"
And, this is the error that spams the terminal when it locks up.
ERROR: Invalid command: ...'"

Savefile:
Also, if needed; I'm attaching a slightly customized(money, & date change) save for quick access to the Joja Warehouse Movie Theater, & correct movie.

Attachments

lostmemories123

Greenhorn
For the stacks by holding down control, it'd be nice if we could get some controller support (PC or otherwise) on this as well if possible!

lostmemories123

Greenhorn
If you're willing, it would be a big help if you could help us try out the new version. We want to make sure there aren't any bugs, and that it's going to be compatible with most computers.

Update at 3:30PM PST 9/7/2021:
- Holding Control in addition to Shift now allows you purchase stacks of 25 items at a time. This also can be used to craft 25 stacks of an item at once.
- Fix for audio going silent when playing any train related sound effects. (Introduced in 1.5.5)
Hey CA! I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but in the 1.5.5 beta the ambient noise by the blacksmith's building is a lot more shrill than what's in the current game. Please keep the current low rumble and not whatever the noise file for the beta is. (Unless it's a bug then well, now you know)
As someone with asd this causes me to have to mute the ambient noise in the beta for the game just because of one location, please fix if it's a bug/keep the old sound file for Clint's outside machine sound

Alt tabbing makes the bata "flicker" a split second but this also doesn't happen in the regular game

Also to reiterate my comment from yesterday, purchasing stacks of 25 doesn't seem to be an option for controllers. It'll be greatly appreciated if PC controllers/switch/mobile could also do this without being forced to buy one at a time (we also can't seem to half a stack either so if you could add this to the game as well it'd be awesome)

Tom

Farmer
What's the status of this beta? Has it been updated? Should I try testing it again to see about the video window issues? What's the ETA for full release (no rush; just want to get a general picture)?

(Full disclosure: I saved my main savefile with the Beta, and now I can't play it until the Beta is playable enough for me, which means video issues fixed.)

Last edited:
What's the status of this beta? Has it been updated? Should I try testing it again to see about the video window issues? What's the ETA for full release (no rush; just want to get a general picture)?

(Full disclosure: I saved my main savefile with the Beta, and now I can't play it until the Beta is playable enough for me, which means video issues fixed.)
The last update we received was on October 13th. As for ETA, and further details; I'll leave to ConcernedApe to comment on.
But, seeing as it's the Beta. I'd recommend retesting, and posting any system info/logs, & other details you can find; to help get your video issues fixed.

However, it is possible to opt out of the Beta, verify game files, and then follow my quick guide to play your save in v1.5.4 again.
Revert save to v1.5.4: https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/2956039954086043635/#c5169559267817397939

But yea; the more people helping out with testing the better.

Kurachi84

Planter
Hello everyone!

I have an important announcement regarding an upcoming change to Stardew Valley. Some time in the near future, Stardew Valley will receive an update (1.5.5), in which some underlying technical aspects of the game will be changed. In addition, there are various modder requests and a couple of bug fixes included in the update (most notably a fix for the
hard-mode mines
being stuck and unable to change back. This change was necessary in order to bring Stardew Valley to Game Pass, but it also future-proofs the game a little more, and will allow modders more freedom than they've had in the past.

If you're willing, it would be a big help if you could help us try out the new version. We want to make sure there aren't any bugs, and that it's going to be compatible with most computers.

As a precautionary measure, please make sure to back up your saves before doing this. Your saves can be found in %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves.
Also, please be aware that 32-bit operating systems will not be able to run the new version. However, we plan on providing a "compatibility" branch to players which will continue to use 32-bit XNA and will be compatible with old operating systems.

To try it out:
-right click on Stardew Valley in your steam library
-select "properties"
-select the "betas" tab
-click on the drop down menu and select "monogame64bit"

You should then receive an update with the new version.

If you're willing and able, it would be a big help if you could test this out and let me know if anything seems off.
Thanks!

- Holding Control in addition to Shift now allows you purchase stacks of 25 items at a time. This also can be used to craft 25 stacks of an item at once.
- Fix for audio going silent when playing any train related sound effects. (Introduced in 1.5.5)

Update at 4:45PM PST 9/14/2021:
- Settings such as keybindings will now default to their last loaded values when starting a new game. (Certain settings, like zoom level, gamepad mode, and multiplayer server privacy are not copied over)
- The Radioactive Bar is now affected by the Blacksmith profession.
- After completing the Cryptic Note quest, subsequently reaching floor 100 of the Skull Caves will guarantee a chest.
- You can now build/move farm buildings on top of tiles that have artifact spots on them. (The artifact spot will be destroyed)
- Pets that are blocking a tile while building/moving a building can be nudged away by clicking on them.
- The in-game time is now shown on the upper right hand corner of the screen when playing Journey of the Prairie King in multiplayer.
- Fixed the radius of explosions not being centered when dislodging flooring and certain other types of items.
- Fixed Garden Pots clearing out their fertilizers when a crop is harvested.
- Fixed an issue where placing a Garden Pot on Ginger Island on a rainy day could cause it to be placed without watered dirt.
- Fixed multiplayer hosts registering their lobbies before fully loading a save, causing the games not to appear in the multiplayer games list.
- Fixed a bug where moving a cabin with a cellar would cause the stairs to the cellar to warp the players out of bounds for the rest of the play session.
- Fixed Shane's 6-heart event soft-locking in the Hungarian translation.
- Fixed erroneous "\" characters in various events in the Hungarian localization.
- Fixed various typos in the French localization.

Update at 5:00PM PST 9/21/2021:
- Added the ability to "buy back" items accidentally sold in the same shopping session.
- Fixed a case where entering the Farm from the south on horseback and triggering an event could cause the player to get stuck in a wall.
- Fixed a typo in Livin' Off The Land that incorrectly states that Super Cucumber can be caught in Winter.
- Fixed various invisible tiles preventing certain spots in the Mountain lake from spawning fish activity bubbles.
- various changes for modders

Update at 3:00PM PST 10/1/2021:
- Added commas to the price display on Robin and the Wizard's building menus.
- Adjusted collisions on the desert map to avoid a sorting issue on the top edged of raised cliffside on the left.
- Fixed the tile holding the plant on the table on Elliot's table not being passable.
- Fixed an issue where Sebastian's sprite would shift into an invalid position at 1:00 PM when he is working on his bike on the farm.
- Fixed some tiles on the left side of the Beach farm being unbuildable.
That spoiler part, is that also for the one bundle? Or is that one intentional?
Being careful with words,, as i don't wanna spoil the spoiler tag.
Also, nice seeing this update coming :)

imnvs

Local Legend
You've lost me. The spoilered part? Nothing available from the hard mode mines that is unavailable from the regular mines is needed for any bundle.

Ereo

Helper
You could just use your own spoiler tag and tell us what you mean. Nobody has to click on it if they don't want to know.

Kurachi84

Planter
You've lost me. The spoilered part? Nothing available from the hard mode mines that is unavailable from the regular mines is needed for any bundle.
The Quarry open adds enemies in the Mines and won't return to its old self afterwards is what i meant.

You could just use your own spoiler tag and tell us what you mean. Nobody has to click on it if they don't want to know.
I know, i was just being careful, so it's easier, without needing to click on it.

I thought this one was obvious... apparently not to everyone, oops. But now you have it.

Ereo

Helper
The Quarry open adds enemies in the Mines and won't return to its old self afterwards is what i meant.
You mean the dungeon floors? Those are unrelated to the bug mentioned in the spoiler. They are just a special type of infested floor.

when you go to ginger island, you'll find Mr. Qi who will give you challenges. One of them changes the difficulty of the mine enemies. This should switch back after the quest is done or time runs out, but sometimes it gets stuck and players can't return to the normal mines.

Kurachi84

Planter
You mean the dungeon floors? Those are unrelated to the bug mentioned in the spoiler. They are just a special type of infested floor.

when you go to ginger island, you'll find Mr. Qi who will give you challenges. One of them changes the difficulty of the mine enemies. This should switch back after the quest is done or time runs out, but sometimes it gets stuck and players can't return to the normal mines.
Ah, i see. I haven't been able to play SDV again, due to my old laptop's end, and this laptop started crashing with SDV, so i haven't even been on Ginger Island yet.
So this bug i couldn't have seen yet.

Thanks for the info.

Zanzazaar

Newcomer
About saves on beta, will they be compatibile with released update or is it possible of some parallel branch that will not be able to load the saves from current beta?
Asking for a friend, I am a gog player

Nytalite

Greenhorn
Hello everyone!

I have an important announcement regarding an upcoming change to Stardew Valley. Some time in the near future, Stardew Valley will receive an update (1.5.5), in which some underlying technical aspects of the game will be changed. In addition, there are various modder requests and a couple of bug fixes included in the update (most notably a fix for the
hard-mode mines
being stuck and unable to change back. This change was necessary in order to bring Stardew Valley to Game Pass, but it also future-proofs the game a little more, and will allow modders more freedom than they've had in the past.

As a precautionary measure, please make sure to back up your saves before doing this. Your saves can be found in %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves.
Also, please be aware that 32-bit operating systems will not be able to run the new version. However, we plan on providing a "compatibility" branch to players which will continue to use 32-bit XNA and will be compatible with old operating systems.

To try it out:
-right click on Stardew Valley in your steam library
-select "properties"
-select the "betas" tab
-click on the drop down menu and select "monogame64bit"

You should then receive an update with the new version.

If you're willing and able, it would be a big help if you could test this out and let me know if anything seems off.
Thanks!

Update at 4:45PM PST 9/14/2021:
- Settings such as keybindings will now default to their last loaded values when starting a new game. (Certain settings, like zoom level, gamepad mode, and multiplayer server privacy are not copied over)
- The Radioactive Bar is now affected by the Blacksmith profession.
- After completing the Cryptic Note quest, subsequently reaching floor 100 of the Skull Caves will guarantee a chest.
- You can now build/move farm buildings on top of tiles that have artifact spots on them. (The artifact spot will be destroyed)
- Pets that are blocking a tile while building/moving a building can be nudged away by clicking on them.
- The in-game time is now shown on the upper right hand corner of the screen when playing Journey of the Prairie King in multiplayer.
- Fixed the radius of explosions not being centered when dislodging flooring and certain other types of items.
- Fixed Garden Pots clearing out their fertilizers when a crop is harvested.
- Fixed an issue where placing a Garden Pot on Ginger Island on a rainy day could cause it to be placed without watered dirt.
- Fixed multiplayer hosts registering their lobbies before fully loading a save, causing the games not to appear in the multiplayer games list.
- Fixed a bug where moving a cabin with a cellar would cause the stairs to the cellar to warp the players out of bounds for the rest of the play session.
- Fixed Shane's 6-heart event soft-locking in the Hungarian translation.
- Fixed erroneous "\" characters in various events in the Hungarian localization.
- Fixed various typos in the French localization.

Update at 5:00PM PST 9/21/2021:
- Added the ability to "buy back" items accidentally sold in the same shopping session.
- Fixed a case where entering the Farm from the south on horseback and triggering an event could cause the player to get stuck in a wall.
- Fixed a typo in Livin' Off The Land that incorrectly states that Super Cucumber can be caught in Winter.
- Fixed various invisible tiles preventing certain spots in the Mountain lake from spawning fish activity bubbles.
- various changes for modders

Update at 3:00PM PST 10/1/2021:
- Added commas to the price display on Robin and the Wizard's building menus.
- Adjusted collisions on the desert map to avoid a sorting issue on the top edged of raised cliffside on the left.
- Fixed the tile holding the plant on the table on Elliot's table not being passable.
- Fixed an issue where Sebastian's sprite would shift into an invalid position at 1:00 PM when he is working on his bike on the farm.
- Fixed some tiles on the left side of the Beach farm being unbuildable.
It is still displaying "Concerned" portraits for disliked and hated gifts instead of the ones they are normally set to use. This also applies to "Happy" portraits for liked gifts, even on NPCs who show their normal portraits for liked gifts. I tested this in vanilla and with the SMAPI beta. I attached an example screenshot with Haley. I gave her a disliked gift to test it. It is supposed to show her "Annoyed" portrait, but it instead shows her "Concerned" portrait.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.