wizardofoz223

Newcomer
I think I've found a bug where only fruit trees can be planted on the greenhouse tiles (I haven't been able to find any patch notes saying it was intentional). I've been able to plant pine, maple, and oak one the clay tiles before, but trying to do so now shows a red square instead of green. Scrolling to a fruit tree shows the same tiles available for the sapling instead of the seed. The farm is single payer and in english

Hello
I was doing the Big Tree quest in multiplayer with a friend in 1.6, he delivered the 100 units of wood and then the raccoon came the next day, the thing is that I still have the mission to deliver the wood pending, but It is no longer possible, there is only the raccoon store, my friend already sees that mission completed for him, but it is still pending for me. At this point I cannot deliver the wood.

Spanish Language.
Multiplayer .

I'm sorry, English is not my first language, sorry for the mistakes. thank you

Vulpecula

Newcomer
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
    Not sure exactly when it happened sadly, it seems to have occurred after my friend joined my Co-op game today, but my pet disappeared. This seems to be a somewhat common problem after a quick google, and I'm experiencing the same as others - My 5* pet cat disappeared from both the game and the pets list entirely, as if they never existed. Water bowl is now also constantly full despite not filling it since the pet disappeared.

• full error text (if any);
    N/A

• what OS you are using;
    Windows 10

• in-game language;
    English

• single-player or multiplayer;
    Multiplayer

• anything else you think might be relevant;
    N/A

• if you experience a bug that isn't cosmetic, please upload your save file!:
    Not sure if this is classed as cosmetic? The save files also don't have an "allowed extension" so I'm not sure how to upload them or download them properly :/

eve6grl02

Greenhorn
Hi. My game keeps crashing if I try to do certain actions. I am playing on my Steam Deck with the latest version (1.6.3 I believe). It's happening on both my save files. For example, if I enter an NPCs house, try to ride my horse, or use my hoe or axe on a tree seed the game will freeze and close. No error messages come up. It worked fine yesterday before I downloaded 1.6.3.

fruitlessjam48

Newcomer
Spoilers for the summit ahead! found a new bug! If you zoom in on the summit you break the background! Yippie! I play on unmodded english singleplayer mac stardew. The photos taken are at full zoom but it can be done with just 105% zoom. I don't know if this has been reported before but its the first time I have seen it. This is just cosmetic though, also the birds/planes that fly can be seen in the rock and bench area.

Attachments

Silvesfar

Greenhorn
Since 1.6 update, seaweed foraged on the beach has been normal quality, despite having lvl 10 Foraging and Botanist skill. All other foraging items behave normally and are iridium quality.

Playing single player, unmodded on MacOS/Steam in English.
I suspect this is intentional, unfortunately. One of the first things I did was run to the dangerous mine to collect some iridium seaweed, expecting that it would have been changed (the only 'forage' there that has no quality) since the beach has quality-specific seaweed... instead, it hadn't changed. I can confirm that the beach seaweed no longer has a quality level. The iridium seaweed in my chests still exists, though now I've put it into the jungle tanks. I can confirm that it remains iridium quality once removed from the tank, so apparently if you had it you can keep it, at least...

Silvesfar

Greenhorn
I have a trinket called a prismatic frog egg, which creates a frog companion who eats enemies. I saw my frog eat a truffle. This is not a enemy. I play on unmoddded mulitplayer (I am playing alone right now so it could be singleplayer) mac stardew 1.6.
I suspect that you have encountered a new creature - it's a 'crab' monster that looks like a truffle, with a 'truffle' shell instead of the usual 'rock' shell, and appears on your farm masquerading as an innocent truffle. If so, your frog would treat it as an enemy and eat it. I haven't managed to encounter one yet, but I've seen reports of others who have.

emmaaafleaaa

Greenhorn
Hi. My game keeps crashing if I try to do certain actions. I am playing on my Steam Deck with the latest version (1.6.3 I believe). It's happening on both my save files. For example, if I enter an NPCs house, try to ride my horse, or use my hoe or axe on a tree seed the game will freeze and close. No error messages come up. It worked fine yesterday before I downloaded 1.6.3.
I'm having this issue as well...

wetpancake

Newcomer
This is happening to me! I don't have a horse yet and the only place it has crashed for me has been in the mines when I use a tool (pickaxe and my sword both triggered it).

Last edited:

wetpancake

Newcomer
I just updated to the newest patch and now every time I try to use a tool, my game crashes to desktop mid-animation. Sword and scythe work, but I tried the hoe and the pickaxe and for both, just trying to use the tool crashed the game.

Playing single player, unmodded, latest patch on the Steam Deck
This is happening to me as well. So far all I've noticed is it happening when I tried to use my pickaxe and my sword in the mines. My watering can was fine.

wetpancake

Newcomer
My game has crashed twice while in the middle of a tool's animation. Both times it has happened, I have been in the mines. The first time, I used my pickaxe and the game crashed. The second time, I used my sword and the game crashed. I used my watering can earlier in the day with no issue. There is no error text; the game just crashes.

I am on a Steam Deck, and this started happening right after the 1.6.3 patch was installed.

I am using English (American if that is set), and am in single-player.

I don't think it is relevant, but the crashes happened on floor 0 (i was trying to hit the boulder with my pickaxe that I knew couldn't break it for s&g), and then on the farthest floor I could go in the elevator. See my save file for details.

Edit: I don't think its relevant but I figured I'd add it - I am at Summer 5 Year 1

Attachments

Last edited:

Tenebrosful

Greenhorn
(Playing in French)

Hello, I just got a SOFTLOCK when talking to Penny and she ask you a question (Characters\Dialogue\Penny:eventSeen_35_memory_oneweek). First she ask then nothing and if you talk again to her she just go "..." and game softlock (see smapi logs)

(I'm playing modded but it also happen in Vanilla, i retested it by replaying the save and waiting her 9AM to talk to her and it happened each time)

Here's my log: https://smapi.io/log/8db037a1b2e04554a9a6b1e93adbe813

Here's my save on the day that triggered the softlock (yeah i modified UniqueID to re-test it myself by making a copy but works the same)

Attachments

owthathurt

Newcomer
In the mine, I ate cookies where a geode was on the ground. When I ate the cookies, the geode was automatically picked up and I noticed that neither my health nor energy went up from the cookies
Windows OS
English
Singleplayer

Attachments

Prrsha

Greenhorn
Version 1.6.3 question…

I didn’t see the bug about quests on the bulletin board asking for items out of season being fixed?

Has this been addressed or is it an open case still? I’m just wondering as I am waiting to start a new game but don’t want have to restart a play through with this bug active still.

P.S. I am amazed at how quickly these bug fixes are coming out despite how this game has grown (code wise) so complex over the years. Major game companies take months sometimes for simple UI issues.

Thanks again for your incredibly hard work and make sure to take a break now and then!

insomnicola

Newcomer
I am modded but in case it is also happening to others who are not modded, after the ice festival where i bought the painting and won the fishing competition, as soon as I returned to the farm, my Advanced Iridium Rod lost all bait (100+ deluxe) and both tackles (cork and I don't know the other, probably curiosity lure or dressed spinner)

I'll just get em back but if it's gonna happen to everyone, that's probably not great. No relevant error reports spotted (a couple about Expanded character issues at the festival but none about fishing or items)

mads0923

Newcomer
explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens):
Added a new player to our multiplayer farm and our cat disappeared, it's nowhere to be found and not in the animal tab anymore.

full error text (if any):
None.

what OS you are using:
Win 11

in-game language:
English.

single-player or multiplayer:
Multiplayer.
same! i had to re code my dog in and now apparently it seems that i can't gain hearts with it

Questionmark

Newcomer
On single player unmodded, whenever I give Abigail a quartz, she says something about her being hungry. Does she eat rocks now?

mads0923

Newcomer
I tried to unlock the achievement of getting all Stardrops, which i had done for sure.
I saw a forum post on here from 2021 of ConcernedApe saying i have to add something in my world folder. I had done the exact thing he said but now my world permanentely crashes on startup :/
I am getting this error code right now (its been a week since i had this problem and rly wanna play 1.6 on this world lol)
I play on steam btw.

InnerException: System.Xml.XmlException: Name cannot begin with the '%' character, hexadecimal value 0x25. Line 1, position 49.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read273_SaveGame()
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1448
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5606
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4120
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.0 build 24079
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Spring 0 Y1 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: null

did your mines star drop also dissapear? i added my stuff in and it worked fine after trying for like 5 hours but i don't know if it'll even get me to perfection when i finally get there or if i'll even get the achievement

mads0923

Newcomer
explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens):
Randomly relalized my dog was missing from the game and wasn't on the animal tab, saw some people say it's cause they added people into the world which i did so im not sure, saw how to manually add it into the files so i did but now i cant earn hearts, i just want my og pet

full error text (if any):
None.

what OS you are using:
Win 11

in-game language:
English.

single-player or multiplayer:
Multiplayer.

Valeaves

Newcomer
Hello again!

my heavy furnace regularly - not always - gives out 6 instead of 5 copper bars when I put the 25 ores and 3 coal in.

Language: German
Single player
Update 1.6.3