skyrimsushi

Newcomer
So when Morris enters Pierre’s to offer 50% off at Joja, there’s a bug where the screen is just focused on the rug in Pierre’s living room

Attachments

PastelTeaBunny

Greenhorn
I’ve run into a bug on my steam deck where I try to use targeted bait for the tiger trout and it crashes my game. I’ve tried it twice in the forest area below my farm and both times, the game just crashes. I’m playing single player and I’m pretty sure the steam deck runs on Linux.

PastelTeaBunny

Greenhorn
I’ve run into a bug on my steam deck where I try to use targeted bait for the tiger trout and it crashes my game. I’ve tried it twice in the forest area below my farm and both times, the game just crashes. I’m playing single player and I’m pretty sure the steam deck runs on Linux.
It’s now crashing anytime I use my axe.

mouse

Farmer
Can you see if it left any crash logs? They should be in ~/.local/share/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/

Willow84

Newcomer
I am unable to use the statue of uncertainty. I have tried multiple times and came here to check for answers or other having the same issue. I found Post 563 - user bmein77 on this forum having the exact same issue. I have a modded game so I thought it might be that but, I can provide SMAPI error message to assist in fixing hopefully. I don't know if it would help and I do realize this may be a mod issue and not a base game issue. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Screenshot 2024-03-26 102938.png

JCamp21

Newcomer
Emily's 10-Heart event is bugged, the player doesn't receive her invitaton to the secret woods to trigger the event. I went to the secret woods without the letter, i double checked every event before and I gifted her a lot of crystals even after I got 10 hearts with her. game language is german on steam/windows. Singleplayer. no mods
I'm having this same issue

Ectomane

Greenhorn
explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens):
Added a new player to our multiplayer farm and our cat disappeared, it's nowhere to be found and not in the animal tab anymore.

full error text (if any):
None.

what OS you are using:
Win 11

in-game language:
English.

single-player or multiplayer:
Multiplayer.

FacetheWoof

Greenhorn
  • issue: If you press "Y" key on your keyboard while currently in bed/sleeping, it will give you a black screen--forcing you to restart the whole game and server. It de-syncs all other players during this pattern. In this scenario, I am the host of the server.
  • No error text, just an error from Windows saying "Stardew Valley has stopped responding."
  • in-game language: English
  • Multiplayer server hosted by me with 5 other players"

Not sure if a keybind is causing this to interrupt the game while in bed or just a weird bug.
Thanks! Loving the new update other than this small, tedious bug. :)

serand

Newcomer
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens)
Game crashes whenever a tool is used. It freezes for a moment during the swing animation and then crashes. This happens after winter 1st year has started, before there were no issues.
  • full error text (if any)
No error text, it just crashes.
  • what OS you are using
Steamdeck.
  • in-game language
English.
  • single-player or multiplayer
Single player.

I am not sure how to get the savefile from steamdeck, since I rarely use it in desktop mode and I am not familiar with Linux.

inesthalassa

Greenhorn
Hi,
I am playing on a 7 year old farm, currently on Spring day 16. Every time I try to sleep to the next day (Spring 17) my game crashes.
This happened 3 times for 3 different reasons:
- I fell asleep in the middle of my house at 2 AM, I thought that the problem would be because of that, however,
- I played again day 16 and I went to bed at reasonable hours, so I could stop playing and save the game, but it happened again.
[between these points two days passed and I restarted my computer]
- So today I played again the entire day and again it crashed when I went to bed.
- For the forth time I woke up on day 16, and since I wanted to clear out if that was a problem with the game and not my computer I woke up and immediately and went to sleep again. I crashed.

I am playing on a MacBook Air, and the game is in english. Single player.

Since this bug is happening and I can't either pass to the next day or save the game, the game is currently unplayable. :(

Attached is my game file, hopefully it is is the correct saved file.

Best regards,
Inês

Attachments

mcgeek42

Greenhorn
I can no longer place wallpaper on the narrow divider walls (between rooms) in one of my saves. They are stuck they way they were before the update no matter what I try (mouse/keyboard/controller). It is modded, but I removed the mods and it still doesn't work. In another save file (with the exact same mods) it works just fine. The only differences are that the one I'm having trouble with has all of the new 1.6 house expansions/upgrades. Also, it is technically multiplayer as I have a cabin on the farm that I've expanded to pre 1.6 max size (and it exhibits the same wallpaper issue). When searching for this issue here, I came across a similar issue where they said the cabins' wallpaper reverts to the original one every time it reloads, but that's not what I'm having issues with. Mine stays the same, but I simply can't change it anymore.

ETA: Linux (Pop!_OS) laptop/Steam

SDV_wallpaper_bug.png

Last edited:

kieleich

Newcomer
In the bath house. the steam overlay effect, moves away from the screen when using the UI zoom buttons. Enter the bath fully zoomed out then zoom in, and the steam is partly gone.

bath_steam_zoom.png

---------------------

holding a watering can, and then strafe, skips over some rows. it is difficult to screenshot so here is a short movie:
I love strafing by the way, very useful!

Spamster

Greenhorn
I'm experiencing a bug with the new "strafing" feature when watering or tilling soil using a copper or higher tier tool. My character can hop around as intended while maintaining the charge of the tool, but the green highlighted tiles will always skip over one tile from the one where I started, no matter which direction I go in. Even if I go back on myself, it refuses to select the tile adjacent to where I began. If I continue to move past that point, it then stops skipping, and moves one tile at a time as expected. An example to clarify:

1# I aim at the tile I'm pointing to
20240326164751_1.jpg
2# I then shuffle to the left while holding LMB, and as you can see the highlighted tiles remain where I began
20240326164758_1.jpg
3# Moving just slightly further, the selection then snaps to the third column from where I started
20240326164801_1.jpg
4# Beyond that point, it functions normally
20240326164806_1.jpg

Spamster

Greenhorn
In the bath house. the steam overlay effect, moves away from the screen when using the UI zoom buttons. Enter the bath fully zoomed out then zoom in, and the steam is partly gone.

View attachment 20381

---------------------

holding a watering can, and then strafe, skips over some rows. it is difficult to screenshot so here is a short movie:
I love strafing by the way, very useful!
What are the odds that after searching for someone talking about this, and finding nothing, I'd make my own post only for someone to do a better job while I'm formatting my post 😂

va1eriec

Newcomer
Is there a reason why i cant find Pierre's dehydrator and Willy's fish smoker in their shops? I need the fish smoker to complete the racoon quest :(

kristnnnn

Newcomer
1711472490452.png

Happened to me twice now where Haley decides to hang out and block everyone else from getting off the bus, their booth then never open :( and then I passed out because I couldn't make it home until haley decided to pack it up after midnight

Punti

Greenhorn
OS: MacOS 10.14 (On an old OS because my computer is a dinosaur)
Language: English(US)
Single Player
Non-Modded
Year 2, Fall
(Save file started in 1.5 and continued in 1.6. All issues occur after release of update)

The Issue:
Certain machines do not work as normal after the update. In particular, seed makers no longer accept fruit and the coop incubator will not accept eggs of any kind.

First noticed this issue trying to propagate ancient fruit in my greenhouse. I cannot place ancient fruit of any quality (I've tried regular through gold) in seed makers. Holding the item and hovering the mouse over the seed maker results in the item icon pulsing (as normal), but clicking does nothing. I've tried this both in and out of the greenhouse in case it was relevant. As an experiment, I also tried placing cranberries in the seed maker with the same result.

Additionally, I have tried to incubate new chickens but get a similar error. The egg icon pulses as if it could be used, but nothing happens when clicking on the incubator. I have tried this with brown and white chicken eggs, void eggs and duck eggs. I have attached screenshots as well as my save.

I have the same issue with the seed maker. It just won't start, regardless what I want to put inside. (Playing on steamdeck btw)