dodanek

Newcomer
Desert Festival - Fishing Bug in coop

Apparently there's a bug associated with the quests from Willy @ the Deset Festival in Coop. We play a 2-player coop game, both obtained the quest for 3 sandfish and started fishing. I caught 2 sandfish, my partner 1 sandfish immediately, and we subsequently both followed with statisticaly impossible amount of trashy items (algae, cola, cds). For me, it was 2 fish followed by 22 trash! This leads me to an idea that the amount of fish in the pond (3 - as Willy required) is kind of hardcoded and does not account for the coop number of players. It seems to me that none of the Willy's quest can be completed this way (by more than 1 player taking it), we noticed similar behavior with the other quest the next day.

Steam/PC/2 players coop/v1.6.3

Attachments

dodanek

Newcomer
Desert Festival - Coop game de-synchronizes when Calico Eggs are thrown out and picked by other player

One more apparent bug associated with Desert Festival - we asked ourselves "can we share the calico eggs together, so we can reach for better reward"? Apparently it is possible, but not without breaking the game. After throwing out the eggs from the inventory, my partner immediately desynced - she was not able to open chests etc., and when she went to sleep (around 11 pm), I did not get the notification and my game (I am the host) waited for her forever. On 2am nothing happened, nothing helped, we needed to Alt-F4 the game and start over again.

Steam/PC/2 players coop/v1.6.3

Attachments

Sairrah

Newcomer
Single Player, English, Windows on an Asus Rog Ally, Medowlands Farm

Purchased rabbits for empty fully upgraded coop. Day of purchase all animals were invisible. Day after purchase, purchased a fifth rabbit for my coop, it was visible, but all others are still invisible. All 5 are populated on the animals tab.

I can only interact with the 1 rabbit purchased on the second day.

I rolled back to the previous day and tried re-buying the original 4 rabbits and they are always invisible when I buy them.

I didn’t save the day with the rabbit purchase, instead I repeated the day and then advanced to the next without buying rabbits. I then bought two on the following day and they were also invisible.

Last edited:

GregJ7

Newcomer
I noticed that the birds that drop gems on Ginger Island for the 4 gem puzzle continue to come after the puzzle was solved. I can grab their gem and go back to the puzzle. I can't place the gem in any puzzle slot, however, the N, E, and S, shrines show a "+" to "harvest" when I hover my mouse over them (not the West one).

Unmodded on Windows 11 Pro 23H2, English, Single-Player

cirrusstt

Newcomer
Hi,

I have been experiencing an issue where my game keeps crashing. I am playing single-player on Steam deck. It happens after playing through a day for a few minutes. It doesn't matter what I do. At first, I thought it was only when I went into the mines, so I tried tending to my farm, and it still crashed. So far, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have also played a few other games to see if it was an issue with my Steam deck, but this is only happening with Stardew.

thedoc617

Newcomer
Books have wrong descriptions (if you buy the horse book, you DO NOT get the "book of stars" description, you get the horse stats)

sdvbug1.6.png

sesamestick

Greenhorn
Invited a third player to join, and my cat has disappeared since. He has gone from the pets tab and isn't seen anywhere. :(
Having this same issue. Started a save with 7 players total with no issues up to this point. Had an 8th player join us - when we built his cabin, our starter pet cat disappeared. Kitty hasn't been seen since and has also disappeared from the Pets/Animals tab in the menu. I don't really know how to navigate the save file code, but I have both our current save file data and a copy made two weeks before this happened. Checking for our pet name in the old copied data shows she exists in the code, but I can't find anything of her in our current save data. :cry::cry::cry:

EDIT: Attached ZIP with all save content. Sorry! This save has been running since March 21, through 1.6 until the current 1.6.3 patch.

Attachments

Last edited:

mogwow

Greenhorn
We started a multiplayer game (pc), I am not the host. Starter farm is the new meadow farm.
I have the quest "Feeding Animals" to do. I bought the silo from Robin and she started building it. When she finished the quest didn't complete.
The only think that I see could have been the issue is that I got disconnected twice from the server during the construction of the silo.
We are 4 players, the host and one other player already managed to complete the quest.

Attachments

ageerligs

Newcomer
I am also having issues with multiplayer. Cannot join me and my cousins farm anymore, like the code doesn't work but it doesn't say anything. Does anyone have information about this?

167kamon

Newcomer
(Windows) Only seen one post mention it, but the Mariner profession makes crab pots with Deluxe Bait return normal quality fish, not silver quality.

NotMieses

Newcomer
Hi, I play in a second monitor on 2560x1440 resolution. When the game window is not on “maximize” (take all the space in the screen), it start enlarging and expanding and starts distortion. I have a video but this forum does not allow me to upload for some reason. I could send if there is a link to upload video. Other than that great game

ComputersRBad

Newcomer
Hi there,
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens)
    • When traveling on the bus to go to the desert, if an NPC is saying something "aloud" (you are not in direct conversation with them via initiating dialog) then when the world cuts out to the bus driving away scene, their floating speech box is still visible while they are not.
    • As I state again below this may be only possible on the day of the desert festival, I am not aware of any other reason an NPC would be walking past the bus stop and saying something aloud.
  • what OS you are using;
    • Manjaro Linux 5.15.150-1-MANJARO
  • in-game language;
    • English
  • single-player or multiplayer;
    • Single player
  • anything else you think might be relevant;
    • Just seems that the floating text/speech box is not being redrawn but the characters are. As I understand it the text box would normally appear, have a time to live, then disappear. Is it just still within its time to live while the cut scene plays out or is it truly being interrupted? Hope this helps.
    • An easy way to reproduce this issue is to try on the day of the desert festival. I've just got to that day and its how I've come to notice it. (Come to think of it is it only possible on this day?) Stand ready to take the bus and wait for one of the NPC's to say "Hi!" or something.
    • I realise that a screenshot could have been helpful, but I've got my day in the desert festival paused and I'd like to keep playing it. I can have a go if you need, but it should be easy enough to reproduce.
Thanks for your time!

barfface1

Newcomer
I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody else experience this, but there's an extremely easy soft lock in coop.

As the host, when I'm in bed but waiting for people to go to bed (it says waiting for other players), then press Y on my keyboard (which usually opens the emote menu), everybody's screens go black and the day never ends. Thus, we all have to alt+f4 out of the game, and we lose a day of progress.

I've only tested it twice, for obvious reasons, and it made all my friends upset both times. So I think it's consistent, hoping it gets fixed!

MathCaptain

Greenhorn
Found a bug where you sleep in a tent on Ginger Island, and the Joja store lightning strike cutscene happens, the game crashes. Tried it four times, same thing happened. It doesn't save, and resets you back to the previous day. Windows 11, 4/5/24, most recent update.

Last edited:

skelly3628

Newcomer
  • Issue: Game Crashes when trying to load a new day after Green Rain
  • Full error text down below
  • in-game language: EN
  • Happens on both single-player and multiplayer, but the world is mostly multiplayer based.
  • Additional Info: This could be because a certain event wants to happen on the next day but failed due to the event overlapping a farm building.
Code:
---------------
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
   at StardewValley.Network.OverlaidDictionary.Add(Vector2 key, Object value) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\OverlaidDictionary.cs:line 253
   at StardewValley.Crop.newDay(Int32 state) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Crop.cs:line 942
   at StardewValley.TerrainFeatures.HoeDirt.dayUpdate() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\TerrainFeatures\HoeDirt.cs:line 811
   at StardewValley.Objects.IndoorPot.DayUpdate() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\IndoorPot.cs:line 102
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 5235
   at StardewValley.Buildings.Building.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Buildings\Building.cs:line 1684
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 5330
   at StardewValley.Farm.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\Farm.cs:line 306
   at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9078
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__754_2() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8167
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------

InnerException:
Stack Trace:    at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3395
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
   at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
   at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.3 build 24087
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Summer 16 Y5 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse