Dewpferdle

Farmhand
I can't complete the "Getting Started" quest on the new meadowlands farm. Pickung up eggs doesn't advance/complete the quest.
Windows 10, single-player, no mods.
1.png2.png3.png4.png

Last edited:

MissAnaira

Greenhorn
  • NPC's participating at the Trout Derby event would not load after the 1.6.1 patch (worked fine yesterday)
  • Steam, version 1.6.1
  • English
  • Multiplayer
  • NPC's still had chat bubbles/fishing animations, but cannot see the sprites
  • Could not upload save file, file type was not supported
    1.6.1troutderbybug.png

StardewBozo

Greenhorn
When combining an enchanted Infinity Blade with other swords, it would show increased stats on the "You'll Make:" interface but isn't meant to happen (I think?) It is only a visual bug. After forging, the stats for the Infinity Blade stayed the same. The shown stat increase is also the same for any sword added. This visual bug only occurred when I was changing my enchanted Infinity Blade. I tested on another Infinity Blade, other swords and daggers - it didn't happen, so it could be the Meowmere, or because it was enchanted that caused this?

Windows 11, Steam, version 1.6.1, English, Singleplayer
1710977373391.png
1710977382812.png

ChaosKay

Newcomer
the introduction quest is not completing - i have scrolled all the way down the friends list and have no more friends with ??? to meet so should have met everyone but shows 27/28

update - when giving someone an item it suddenly completed the introduction quest and then popped up the give a gift quest. the quest then cleared out before i gave someone an item so didnt get the credit for it like normal

Attachments

Last edited:
Not sure what exactly is causing this but Willies rod sprite seems to be broken.
1710978227282.png

It is a new save, English, Windows 11, Un-modded, Single player. It's the first time I've noticed it but I wouldn't be surprised if this keeps appearing anywhere Willy fishes. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it is a global issue or just this one fishing spot.

I am unable to mine rocks or chops logs if they are close to any walls/cliffs/or fences I cannot edit. Unable to complete Robin's axe quest since it is too close to the cliff.
Windows
English
Single Player

Windows 11 Pro, new save.
When in menus such as donating to the museum or building/moving/destroying buildings, the cursor won't move. It twitches, and I might be able to move the mouse wildly and have the cursor move a bit, but the game doesn't register it as movement. I've tried this with the built-in cursor and the system cursor. I just accidentally built my silo directly in front of my house because that was my only choice.

Lonely

Greenhorn
My save crashes whenever i sleep.
I have an issue with saving my game, basicly i cant sleep to save my game. Whenever i try it, screen fades to black music stops and it simply closes without saving. The funny thing is that it only happends on this specific save (others work just fine) so its gotta be something about my farm or new desert festival. I already tried simple fixes like veryfing game files, lunching as administrator or even reinstaling the whole game. Nothing works i already wasted couple of skull cavern runs lol. Honestly i have no idea what to do next, i definetly have enough storage space on pc and the file worked perfecly before the desert festival. I will atach an error log down below, if anyone had the same problem and somehow fixed it please let me know. thanks :)

---------------
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Required location '' not found.
at StardewValley.Game1.RequireLocation(String name, Boolean isStructure) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11115
at StardewValley.Game1.warpCharacter(NPC character, String targetLocationName, Point position) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 10537
at StardewValley.Locations.DesertFestival.SetupMerchantSchedule(NPC character, Int32 shop_index) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DesertFestival.cs:line 214
at StardewValley.Locations.DesertFestival.SetupFestivalDay() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DesertFestival.cs:line 2334
at StardewValley.Game1.PerformPassiveFestivalSetup() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4195
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9216
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__754_2() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8167
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3395
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.1 build 24080
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Spring 16 Y9 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

The Dwarvish Translation Guide has disappeared from my character after the update and I can no longer understand what the dwarf is saying and no longer have access to their shop despite being able to do so before.

1710979591491.png

I'm playing on Windows 10, English, single-player, unmodded.

If I use an older save backup from the day before the update and load it on the previous game version 1.5.6 I can understand the dwarf, but using the same save on version 1.6.1 will remove the Dwarvish Translation Guide.

Attached below is my current save on 1.6.1 where the translation guide is missing.

Attachments

Rennox

Newcomer
Hello!!! My game crashes when I sleep to save. Im on single player, the new meadow map, Windows OS, playing in english. Its not super consistent when it happens. I was playing yesterday and it was okay, but today when I sleep on day 15 it closes my game after the money add up screen. I tried starting a new world a few time and my game crashed once when loading the new farm and then again on a new farm on day 2 sleep.

Coalaa

Newcomer
Bug within the new Rainbowtrout-Fishing Festival when using the tent-kit right there.
We are playing a new multiplayer game on 1.6 on german/english language without Mods

We just got to the Rainbowtrout-Fishing festival and used the tent-kits we got from the golden tickets to camp there (at the cursor position).
When waking up we saw the new NPCs "stacked upon" the NPCs from the day before (see screenshot) . Everything else seems to work fine.
1710982275941.jpeg

Update is super fun so far, thanks for all the work ^^

Wren720

Greenhorn
I’m playing single player modded on a basic farm. All of my mods are up to date but my farm layout is messed up. I can’t access any of my previously placed chests due to their new locations.
IMG_1074.jpeg
image.jpg

pilos_lencure

Newcomer
ISSUE : My Dwarf Translation Guide is gone. It likely disappeared after the update, but I didn't notice until I tried to talk to the Dwarf. No mods are installed.
Error Text : None
Language : English
Game Type : Single Player

Attachments

spinsterfarm

Newcomer
  • I started with an old save already on winter and when I got into the submarine in the Night Market and I could only fish trash and/or seaweed
  • there wasn't any error text
  • windows 10
  • english
  • single-player
  • never tried any mod, only vanilla SV
  • tried uploading my save but it said the files is too large
Same thing happened to me! I also couldn't get a single bite from a winter legendary fish

lookitsducky

Greenhorn
Hi, I opened my 1.6 Stardew Valley to play but got distracted for 2-3 hours, so was idling on the farm select screen. Came back to find my game audio sounding like a futuristic horror film. I hadn't done anything else, just had the game open for that long on the same screen. My farm loaded fine and gameplay seemed to be fine but the audio was very distorted. I recorded audio, including some gameplay and uploaded it to yt as an unlisted video in case it's helpful. I'm playing on Windows 10 PC in English, singleplayer. Happy to provide any other info if needed, I'm just not sure what is relevant. Otherwise loving the update! :3 thanks

bugproblem

Newcomer
not a CRASH, but when you are moving buildings at Robin's, and you move a tall building in front of the mushroom/fruitbat cave, the top gets cut off. Not sure if this is new but noticed it after the 1.6 update.

Attachments

whitepearlart

Newcomer
Screenshot 2024-03-20 184517.png

I'm trying to join my friend's game that we started yesterday. That is indeed my character. I'm on the latest version of Windows.

Madeline

Newcomer
Screenshot 2024-03-20 195026.png
Screenshot 2024-03-20 195044.png

minor visual bug i found when holding down hoe and then changing screens.
happens everywhere not just ginger island