1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

I found the secret note for the artifact by the river.
And then watched the artifact bounce off my farmer and fall into the river.
I'd completed two quests that day plus caught six gold-star lava eels (one of which I needed for a cc remix bundle), so I decided to take the loss of the artifact over restarting the day. Hopefully, I will be able to find another. 🤞

I also got come new NPC dialogue acknowledging the successful incubation of a dinosaur egg and a free espresso, so that was cool.
That's rough, but the treasure totem and fishing chests can always increase your odds when the time comes.

Also, I saw that dialogue from Demetrius about the done egg too

And is it just me, or do several NPC's seem to be spending more time at the community center than in 1.5? On Winter 26, a Friday, Clint was there as expected, but Emily and Maru also came.

That's rough, but the treasure totem and fishing chests can always increase your odds when the time comes.

Also, I saw that dialogue from Demetrius about the done egg too

And is it just me, or do several NPC's seem to be spending more time at the community center than in 1.5? On Winter 26, a Friday, Clint was there as expected, but Emily and Maru also came.
I didn't think to try a treasure totem, but I'll definitely do that later on if need be. Thanks for the reminder!

And yes, the community center seems to be getting more love since the update. I just completed the cc today so it's only been a couple in-days game on my new save, but I've noticed it on my old one as well. The NPCs are also reacting to heart events, some farm updates, and cummunity events/festivals now. I like it.

Over the weekend...
- 5/7 fish ponds have been built
- all designated trees have been tapped and are now fully-grown (RIP to the one pine tree that got struck by lightning and fell during a storm a few in-game days ago, thus destroying the tapper and more importantly the aesthetic)
- I GOT THE TEA SET AT THE FEAST OF THE WINTER STAR FROM PENNY IN YEAR ONE!!
- livestock is popping off since gaining the Artisan perk in my farming skill and livestock living quarters are fully-upgraded
- only a singular rabbit's foot is needed for the community center to be complete
- bottom of the mines has been found and only 2 deaths have occurred in Skull Cavern
- experienced our first
Squid Fest and Desert Festival
- the grind for Iridium sprinklers is cruel
- "There was a strong wind storm over night" so the grind for hardwood is also on, but made easier by the rapidly growing mahogany area of the farm
- the first Prismatic Shard dropped from a regular ol' bat on the farm around 11 p.m. at the beginning of Summer Year 2 on a neutral spirit day and Galaxy Swords have been acquired; sorry, Gunther, we'll bring one to you later. Also big shout-out to the option menu for allowing any farm to have monsters spawn at night if you so choose, it definitely came in handy!
- keg production began sooner than planned thanks to Pam's request for some "strong stuff" and a convenient stack of ~40 cooking potatoes
- Ancient Fruit is steadily coming along; 14 are planted in the greenhouse now
- thanks to a harvest of a stupid amount of Starfruit and Blueberries, we had our first >$100K income day
- all Dwarf Scrolls have been donated and Dwarf is still leery but open for business nonetheless
- the key to the sewer has been acquired so Krobus is open for business now as well

Lew Zealand

Helper
Lol first post in this thread, I guess I haven't been doing much. Well today was all about tying up loose ends. Erm yes the ends I can reach, some being unreachable for really no special reason at all. Most importantly I needed 5 Fish to complete the set:

Octopus
Crimsonfish
Slimejack
Goby
Legend

And it's Summer so yet again forgettiBobbi passed through Spring ignoring rainy days and as usual will need to wait 'til next year for that Legend thing... But with the help of Dish O' the Sea, Trap Bobber and Dressed Spinner, got the Octopus at 8:50am, Crimsonfish at 9:40am, Slimejack at about 11am, and Goby at 3:40pm. And to top it off:

5.PNG

Just finished Master of the 5 Ways with the pat on the back from Grandpa.

It was a good day.

Last edited:
Got a lucky day in Winter and a magic rock candy from the museum, not only did I barely make it to floor 100 and get Qi's snake milk, I also got an immunity band ring!

I might not keep it forever depending on what trinket play style I settle for.

I just now FINALLY got my first cave jelly. Personally crafted fish smoker, here I come!

VampireCake

Rancher
Small 1.6 related stuff

Finally fully upgraded my pan to iridium and enchanted with 'Archaeologist'. I got an artifact trove from a panning spot. :cool:

Also I only just noticed if you have the fairy box trinket equipped, there's a very soft musical bells sound whenever she heals you. ☺

Benhimself

Rancher
Had a cow born on Spirit's Eve, whom have I named Spooky. The new y2 maze was very cool, and Sam's dialogue was legit creepy. Also, didn't buy the Rarecrow because I thought I already had that one, turned out to be wrong, so that's perfection knocked back at LEAST a year, sigh. It's okay because I'm still a long way to go cashwise anyway, due to being casual about profit and trying ranching over artisan.

I got a +3 luck buff from the spicy food tent and a +2 luck buff from a bowl of pumpkin soup I found in a chest in the skull caverns and then found a hole (just exposed, no mining required) that dropped me 11 floors. That's the biggest drop I've found yet. I got the irriduim I was after and killed a bunch of serpents, which is always fun.

I also bought the Junimo catalogue, the Joja catalogue, and some desert furniture. When I eventually upgrade my farmhouse and cabin enough to bother decorating, I'll have lots of new options to play with.

I'm guessing that some if not all old festivals have alternating layouts?

I just had to redo the egg festival year 2 because there are new designs and eggs are not all in the same old places (And I didn't want to miss out on the prize ticket)

Lew Zealand

Helper
I got a +3 luck buff from the spicy food tent and a +2 luck buff from a bowl of pumpkin soup I found in a chest in the skull caverns and then found a hole (just exposed, no mining required) that dropped me 11 floors. That's the biggest drop I've found yet. I got the irriduim I was after and killed a bunch of serpents, which is always fun.

I also bought the Junimo catalogue, the Joja catalogue, and some desert furniture. When I eventually upgrade my farmhouse and cabin enough to bother decorating, I'll have lots of new options to play with.
Yay, today is Catalog Buying Day for me as well. Time to do some real design in the Farmhouse and Sheds!

it's nearing the end of fall so I made sure all the animals were safely in their heated barns and cut down all the grass. A new chicken hatched - all of my chickens are named after teas like Rooibos, Genmaicha, etc. Newest one is named Puer. Pretty much every area of my farm has both a farming function and some decoration to it. House just expanded so I need to start decorating that. I always leave my house last for some reason, even in other games like Animal Crossing!

and I gave my hubby Sam a lil kiss :heart:

it's nearing the end of fall so I made sure all the animals were safely in their heated barns and cut down all the grass. A new chicken hatched - all of my chickens are named after teas like Rooibos, Genmaicha, etc. Newest one is named Puer. Pretty much every area of my farm has both a farming function and some decoration to it. House just expanded so I need to start decorating that. I always leave my house last for some reason, even in other games like Animal Crossing!

and I gave my hubby Sam a lil kiss :heart:
I love the chicken name theme.

I love the chicken name theme.
Thank you! All my cows are named after cakes (like Chiffon, Red Velvet, Genoise, etc). And my pigs are spud themed (Potatoes, French Fries, Tater tots, etc - IDK why but plural just makes it funnier to me). Goats are all green veggies (Broccoli and Asparagus so far but the next ones will be Arugula and Bok Choy I think).

No ducks because I don't like ducks IRL
And no rabbits because they take up valuable space for my chicken friends. The chickens are my favourite :wchicken::bchicken: :heart:

Thank you! All my cows are named after cakes (like Chiffon, Red Velvet, Genoise, etc). And my pigs are spud themed (Potatoes, French Fries, Tater tots, etc - IDK why but plural just makes it funnier to me). Goats are all green veggies (Broccoli and Asparagus so far but the next ones will be Arugula and Bok Choy I think).

No ducks because I don't like ducks IRL
And no rabbits because they take up valuable space for my chicken friends. The chickens are my favourite :wchicken::bchicken: :heart:
That is awesome. I love the names. The themes are very cute!

My first farm has all food names (Batata, Chuffa, Blueberry, Malabar, Cassava, etc) and my first two chickens were named Nugget and Fries.

We played on a work night yesterday and...
- the farmhouse is fully upgraded and casks are now a thing
- all needed iridium sprinklers have been crafted and placed; now we don't spend five hours watering every morning--yay!
- ancient fruit is slowly but steadily taking over the greenhouse
- we had a batch of rare seeds sprout sweet gem berries so we both got our stardrops from the secret woods
- the fruit trees have fully matured thus gift giving has shifted into easy-peasy mode; our two coffee pots also help with that endeavor
- the community center is finished; the abandoned Joja Mart bundle is 1/5 complete
- a shed has been built for kegs and ~45 of them have been made
- we started working on Willy's boat; battery packs are no problem, we're this close to having all the hardwood, and iridium bars are in the works
- we still need hardwood for that big ol' tree by Marnie's house; soon we will discover what wonders await there
- we got our first dinosaur egg in the incubator to give us more eggs for Gunther and mayonnaise
- I purchased the calendar from Robin to make gifting for birthdays easier
- pet licenses are EXPENSIVE, but we're besties with our pooch and he gives us lil gifts when we pet him sometimes and that's cute as h e c k
- we've gotten to floor 55-ish of the Skull Cavern and need so many more bombs but I can't bring myself to spend money on them so the grind for iron (for bombs) and solar essence (for mega bombs) is real
- our one pig found 6 truffles in a single day; what a homie!

I mistakenly rand a bunch of salmonberries through my dehydrators and found out the hard way that thanks to bear's knowledge, that took some money out of them.

I know how the math works, but I'm having trouble pinpointing when not to dehydrate things due to the quality.

So far, all I have determined is that iridium quality looks like it's all not good for dehydrating.