1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

nicodeux

Farmer
For the fifth day straight, I ran through the volcano without finding a single dragon tooth. The last one that I need to unlock the Island Obelisk. I got a handful of dragon skeletons, but no tooth.
Nonetheless, Stardew Valley still sent me some love because I got the extra-rare UFO event at the end of the day.

ArtifactSpot

For the fifth day straight, I ran through the volcano without finding a single dragon tooth. The last one that I need to unlock the Island Obelisk. I got a handful of dragon skeletons, but no tooth.
Nonetheless, Stardew Valley still sent me some love because I got the extra-rare UFO event at the end of the day.
It’s all about dumb luck I think on the dragon teeth. Dumb luck not SDV actual luck or luck buffs. I’m sure those help, but I’ve been on lucky days with luck buffs and no teeth. Someone here suggested Sting Ray fish ponds help occasionally produce a tooth when max capacity and happy.

Tellington

Cowpoke
Today (and the days before that) I've been running around giving gifts to everyone despites being already at maximum friendship with everyone... I think you know why (they loved the gifts!).

Maher

Sodbuster
Don't forget to hunt those Lava Lurks. They cough one up every now and again.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I started a new game last night to test the 1.6 drop, intending to do a Meadowlands farm. It took me a week of playing to realize that nope, I still had the standard map selected. I saw some new things -- pop ups for skill increases, mentions of a bookseller, finding carrots somehow. (I say "somehow" because I had to wait until after my night class, so I was really fighting sleep!) Today I started again with the Meadowlands farm, and am still exploring it. The player begins without the parsnip head start, but with a basic coop and two chicks. I'm spending most of my time fishing to earn more seed money.

Evin

Greenhorn
Today I finally could check out the 1.6 update and I am so excited about it.

What made me really happy are the little improvements on fishing. Like
you can add a rubber duck as a bobber (or something else that is ridiculous/cute/just pretty/or metal like the skull - i mostly let it randomize on its own bc i love surprises)
. The questboard
gives you little coupons now and then and you get new prices from the mayor for those
. So this makes the fishing quests 100% more attractive for me, I never finished them before because often the effort was just too much for getting just some gold. But today I got
a peach sapling out of it ("catch 2 red mullet")
and I am so happy.

And I swear I saw a gull dancing the moon walk when I pulled out this super cucumber. Guess I am not the only happy one out here.

Benhimself

Rancher
Utilized the TRUE benefit of the Meadowlands Farm: making it almost trivial to get Alex to be your partner for the Flower Dance year one.

Also, the third time I got Emily's "say hi to everyone!" quest, I finally managed to finish it in a single day. Got a prize ticket for my troubles that time, too!

I finally got a couple male slimes in my slime hutch, so they're breeding on their own now! There's a black one already, another purple, a different shade of blue, and I think one might be pink.

I got two new animals: another dog and a turtle! And I built doghouses for both dogs.

I also changed my fishing bobber to a rubber duck. It's wonderful. I doesn't do anything differently from the standard one as far as I can tell, but I like seing it bobbing on the water.

I bought a portrait of my husband, Alex from the traveling merchant and the new wizard's furniture cataloge from Krobus, which led to some redecorating.

Finally, I found granpa's secret room and got two mastery rewards.

Evin

Greenhorn
The new summer weather phenomenon was happening and I was so excited about it.
green rain 1.jpg
It was wonderful. Now I can eat moss soup for weeks. I'm only sad that
the new trees didn't stay longer and the changes were gone so fast. I loved the jungle vibe on this day so much

The new dialogues were so funny, too.
Ranging from "the world is ending" to "don't forget to collect your samples".

Benhimself

Rancher
Got the perfect storm, literally! It stormed on Alex's birthday, which is also the day that I finished the first house upgrade. Thus, I was able to get him to ten hearts with a gift, head down to the beach for the mermaid's pendant, head back up, and propose to him while he was working out shirtless, as Yoba intended.

Got the perfect storm, literally! It stormed on Alex's birthday, which is also the day that I finished the first house upgrade. Thus, I was able to get him to ten hearts with a gift, head down to the beach for the mermaid's pendant, head back up, and propose to him while he was working out shirtless, as Yoba intended.
This is why it always rains on Alex's birthday. Truly the gods intent.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Was it always a thing that Cats could bat at plant starters, or is that new to 1.6?

I just caught my cat batting his paw as one of my bean starters a few minutes ago.
I think I've seen that before. I usually choose cats because they're less noisy than dogs. The PANT PANT PANT makes me think Buck/Jake/whatever is going to die of heat exhaustion.

I'm in a pretty sticky situation.

I got a storm coming on Summer 3 Year 1, and I have been trapped at foraging level 5 all of Summer 2, trying to get to level 6 asap by cutting trees and gathering some stuff, but nothing doing.

Should I just have my PC sleep in for the day to avoid any lightning damage?

LRangerR

Local Legend

I got a storm coming on Summer 3 Year 1, and I have been trapped at foraging level 5 all of Summer 2, trying to get to level 6 asap by cutting trees and gathering some stuff, but nothing doing.

A decent surge protector should protect your PC, but every surge protector is rated differently, and not all power strips are surge protectors. How bad of a storm are we expecting here?

Benhimself

Rancher

The way I would look at it is, if you have little farm space set up, it's not likely to get hit by lightning much if at all, and if you have a large farm space set up, you're likely to be able to afford a few lost crops. And even in the worst case scenario, is saving a few melons, especially ones that have only been growing for two days, really going to be worth skipping an entire day of fishing or mining or foraging or whatnot?

On my new save, I dug up an irridium breastplate at the beach and completed a couple of the new cc bundles (from the remix option) that had some really great rewards. My farmer always wears purple, so the breastplate was perfect!