1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

Had my first Green Rain on Summer 16. This is the coolest thing I have seen in 1.6 so far, and I say this with regards to what I have yet to see, so I'll likely change my tune once I start working on Mastery.

I missed out on a lot of dialogue because i was too caught up harvesting the weeds and trees. But this is some of the best dialogue I have seen yet!

I think one of my favorites is Linus seemingly knowing that I was harvesting so much moss. And Robin's outright panic was priceless! It's also funny how Pam went on about it being a sign of the apocalypse, but good that she didn't go full Mrs. Carmody on anyone. Also nice that Lewis didn't panic over the situation either.

This weekend I started a co-op farm with my husband! We were going to do the Meadowlands farm, but opted to do 4-corners instead so there's ample room for crops, plus it has that cute little quarry in the lower right quadrant. We made it to Fall 1 of year 1 so we've been able to find some books, craft some of the new items, discover the joys of carrots and squash, attend the
Trout Tournament
, and we also experienced our first green rain--I adore this event, it's so helpful for hoarding fiber and moss--I also loved
Demetrius decked out in a hazmat suit; it's peak Demetrius!

As usual, my first friend with more than 2 hearts is Linus, but I have 3 hearts with our dog so we're approaching second pet territory and I'm quite excited about having more than one dog. My husband has a whopping 4 hearts with George and I think that's precious. Robin is constructing our coop, we've gained access to the secret woods, we're on floor 90-something of the mines, we're making incredible progress on the community center (we were originally going to go Joja but both agreed that that's kinda wack and chose to do remixed community center bundles instead lol), all of our tools are at least copper and we're slowly but surely acquiring iron tools, we both have our backpacks fully upgraded, almost all of our skills are level 5-6 now, and we have a sizeable tapper farm beginning to sprout baby trees adjacent to a young mahogany farm area. The money was slow to start, but the farm has already made over $120K total so it's starting to take off.

Oh! We also discoverd
the helper tickets and I love that it further incentivizes you to complete help wanted quests
and
the bobber customizer at Willy's shop so I'm now donning a rubber ducky bobber ^u^
and
Mr. Qi has also blessed the valley with mystery boxes by dropping them from an airplane overnight; we've yet to open one because we need 5 for the community center, but it's nice they're there!
It's also so freakin cute that you can find
clothing items in the wild now!

This morning I set up a layout for our farm using the Stardew Planner so we'll be referencing that when placing new buildings to make life easier and I'm going to make a list of how much material we'll need to construct tappers, pathing, buildings, sprinklers, and so on to make the planner a reality soon.

I'm so excited to discover even more of the new content when we pick the game back up next weekend; it's been so absurdly fun so far!

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Plugging along in my new-to-experience-1.6. save. Visited the bookseller but realized the books were much too expensive to buy. Were these titles the lost books I'm always finding buried under worms and such? I've never actually visited the library-museum for its books! Big disappointment was that I spent all of my money on seeds the day BEFORE the Egg Festival and couldn't sell any produce, so I managed to buy exactly one strawberry seed, which produced two strawberries before the season was over. Ah, well. I've been noticing all kinds of new things -- moss, jellies, the waterfall in the Meadowlands farm -- and a scattering of new dialogue. I devoted the last few days of spring to caving, in hopes of getting gold ore, but so far am forced to start summer of year 1 without improved sprinklers. I went heavy on blueberries and jalapenos, though, so I won't be spending any money on seeds.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
I exit the mines late at night to return home, but a big, strange animal, reminding of an ant-eater was upon the road, underneath Linus' hut. When i approached it, the animal panicked and run straight into the nearest bush. No matter what i did (shake bush, use tools on it), nothing would happen.

Is that one of the normal animals in the game, that always run away from you? Or a newfound, significant encounter, that has a pattern to it and a trick?

I exit the mines late at night to return home, but a big, strange animal, reminding of an ant-eater was upon the road, underneath Linus' hut. When i approached it, the animal panicked and run straight into the nearest bush. No matter what i did (shake bush, use tools on it), nothing would happen.

Is that one of the normal animals in the game, that always run away from you? Or a newfound, significant encounter, that has a pattern to it and a trick?
Sounds like you found the opossum, a new rare find among the cosmetic animal populace.

Maher

Sodbuster
Bupkis bought the Gold Danged Clock.

Also new save file: Farmer is Shomer, an observant Jew. He will never cultivate a strawberry, which means I don't have to worry about the perfection mechanic, just getting him home home before sundown on Fridays.

I don’t have 1.6 yet (I play switch) but today I started a file on the wilderness farm for the first time and I actually love the farm layout more than I thought!!! Also, at the very very top left of the map near grandpa’s shrine I saw the out-of-bounds pet bowl I’ve seen people mention before. :)

Just got the greenhouse on my Meadowlands farm. The raccoon was apparently living in the remains and amscrayed as the junimos were rebuilding it. I take it that had to happen before the stump quest even begins?

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Had my first green summer rain last night and saw all kinds of weird trees, but since my axe was waiting to be picked up at Clint's, I couldn't do anything. I did rack up a LOT of fiber and mixed seeds from sychthing all the weeds, though. Wasted some time fishing before I determined there weren't any event-related fish. Mid-summer my new farm is starting to pile up money, mostly because I went all-in on blueberries. I' ve also just gotten deep enough into the mines to find gold and am beginning to make gold bars for my sprinklers. Hoping by fall to convert the farm to full sprinklers.

nicodeux

Farmer
Today, Stardew Valley showed to my face the evidence that I'm clearly very good at being unlucky with RNG in games.

I play 1.6 on a farm that had previously reached perfection in update 1.5.
One full season later, I'm still waiting for the strong wind storm event to happen, which prevents me from meeting and helping my new neighbours.

Each night, the probability for the strong wind storm event to occur is 10%.
The probability for the event to NOT occur for 28 days straight is only 5.2% (which means there is a 94.8% probability for the strong wind storm to happen during the season).

And yet, I've managed to get the lowest unlucky probability, instead of the higher lucky ones...

I'm doomed... Please Stardew Valley, be nicer to me with RNG!

1711620683599.png

Winter 4 and I already got the community center up and running, even with remixed bundles. This update has been pretty bountiful. Feels almost too fitting that the hope started regrowing in the prequel comic while it was Winter year pre-1, now it's been a year.

Also just barely got to try out the "Year 1 Shortcut" Wonder why it's only for year 1?

Attachments

Last edited:
Had the weirdest glitch happen to me when I was playing with my sister the other day on switch. I passed out on low energy in the mines at 1:30 AM, but couldn’t move when I woke up in my house. I then passed out again (????) without pushing any buttons and was stuck in the crumpled/sitting down position. But the funniest thing was that I could move (?!) in the position. So it looked like I was butt-scooting on the floor lol. I’ll see if I can upload a picture later but my sister had snatched the controller out of my hands at that point and didn’t take any screenshots I’m pretty sure.

Oh also I got two messages (the ones you get when you play multiplayer) that said I passed out and two letters from Linus in the morning so that’s how I know I passed out twice in a row.

I just discovered that there are new home renovation options the other day, so last night I was able to add three to make the New Racoon Police Department more like what I initially dreamed!

I found the secret note for the artifact by the river.
And then watched the artifact bounce off my farmer and fall into the river.
I'd completed two quests that day plus caught six gold-star lava eels (one of which I needed for a cc remix bundle), so I decided to take the loss of the artifact over restarting the day. Hopefully, I will be able to find another. 🤞

I also got come new NPC dialogue acknowledging the successful incubation of a dinosaur egg and a free espresso, so that was cool.