1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Just started winter in my new 1.6 save. It's year one and I've finished 3 rooms in the community center so far. There are a few I can't do until next year because they depend on seasonal crops. Have explored the Skull Caverns a little bit, but I need to upgrade my sword. The flying dragons get me every time. Died last night, but all I lost was some stone and my sailor hat from the ice-fishing contest. So far I have the big coop, the silo, and Robin is working on the big barn.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Finally completed the Museum Collection! I'm not sure I've done that before, I'll have to check my early GOG playthroughs. LOL I needed to grind Magma and Omni geodes for over a season to finally get the Star Shards. And when I donated it, nothing happened.

Whaaa...? Yeah ever since getting the Bone Mill, I've been running all my bonz thru it and turns out I ground up 2 Prehistoric Skulls without donating them. Heh, oooops! In contrast to the weeks of grinding for the Shards, a single trip to the Dig Site netted me the Skull and a number of other bonythings and I finished the Collection the same day. Wow are some things just easier to get.

OK also combined Iridium and Luck Rings, and another Iridium and Slime Charmer Ring. Also Forged my first Sword, a Dwarf Sword with extra Damage, Crit Chance and Crit Power. It goes choppa choppa more better and along with the Slimes being my besties now, the Volcano Dungeon is much more manageable.

I finally found the prismatic slime on the final day of the quest. I killed it, got the jelly, downed a coffee, and headed to the minecarts to rush to the tower. I turned the corner into the Wizard's front yard/courtyrd thing just as the clock turned to eleven and he locked his door. Since knocking only exists in that one cutscene with Maru, I will not be getting the mini obelisk blueprint yet. I think that's going to be the pain to accomplish goal in this save. My previous attempt resulted in killing 13 ghosts but not finding any ectoplasm.

I completed the harvest & ship 100 cauliflower quest though, so at least there's that.

ArtifactSpot

I finally found the prismatic slime on the final day of the quest. I killed it, got the jelly, downed a coffee, and headed to the minecarts to rush to the tower. I turned the corner into the Wizard's front yard/courtyrd thing just as the clock turned to eleven and he locked his door. Since knocking only exists in that one cutscene with Maru, I will not be getting the mini obelisk blueprint yet. I think that's going to be the pain to accomplish goal in this save. My previous attempt resulted in killing 13 ghosts but not finding any ectoplasm.

I completed the harvest & ship 100 cauliflower quest though, so at least there's that.
Im so sorry, that’s so frustrating. But now you have the jelly for when the quest next unlocks! Then you can just give it to him I think. Or does it have to be “fresh” during the time of the new quest? 😕

Im so sorry, that’s so frustrating. But now you have the jelly for when the quest next unlocks! Then you can just give it to him I think. Or does it have to be “fresh” during the time of the new quest? 😕
Unfortunately, the jelly despawns when the quest ends and you have to earn it anew the next time the quest cycles in again. It's similar to how you have chop the hardwood down during Robin's project request even if you already have the amount needed.

MogBeoulve

Farmer

If you have unlocked the witch's hut and the Wizard has locked his front door, you can teleport to his basement from the witch's hut and still give him the quest item.

If you have unlocked the witch's hut and the Wizard has locked his front door, you can teleport to his basement from the witch's hut and still give him the quest item.
That makes a lot of sense considering he doesn't seem to have a bed like the villagers whose houses you can wait in after hours. I'll do that next time. Thanks!

Last edited:

amac

Greenhorn
I'm mac from macs Farm
I haven't played in a few years. Started over on new meadow farm. I took rancher skill over tiller. I know that artisan makes the most money but I want to experience it a different way. I'm slowly progressing with no rush !

Yesterday towards end if summer i finally got to iron ore !!!

I am a hermit on my farm. Maybe next year ill.meet my neighbors more.
By then I'll have cheese to give away, who doesn't like cheese!!

Summer 2 year 2, got my first golden animal cracker. On my way to my second mastery. Can't decide between foraging or mining.

Also have 1 auto-petter so half my animals don't lose friendship if I'm away for too long.

Kinda interesting timing with the Desert Festival though. It's such that most of salmonberry season is missed and the pot of gold on Spring 17 can easily be overlook in subsequent years.

Also bought the wizard catalogue from Krobus.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
About to wrap up year one in my new 1.6. save. My farmer has the expanded and deluxe coops, and the expanded barn, in addition to the solo. I could do the deluxe barn, but I don't want to spend too much of my seed money for spring -- I want to keep a bunch of money in the bank so I can load up on strawberry seeds once flower dance happens. I did the squid weekend and netted 13 across the two days, mostly on Saturday because I didn't realize during this event they can be fished for. I'm spending my winter days either fishing to build up seed money after all of my building, or hitting the mines. I drew Evelyn in the Feast of the Winter Star celebration, so going to hit her with chocolate cake. I'll probably be given a beer by Gus or something. :grin:

zMerry

Farmhand
My game just crashed at the end of a long day lol. I'm so sad.

Side note, does anyone know if you're supposed to water crops on Ginger Island? Asking because I've never watered any ever, and they're all doing fine but I don't know if I'm just getting lucky.

ArtifactSpot

Side note, does anyone know if you're supposed to water crops on Ginger Island? Asking because I've never watered any ever, and they're all doing fine but I don't know if I'm just getting lucky.
Yes ( unless you are on version 1.6 and 1.6 changed something I don’t yet know about) crops need watered on grass ginger island too. Sprinklers or by hand. Also if you don’t have the golden clock yet weeds and fibers will spread and damage crops do fence them in tightly. Those fences decay with time just like in Stardew and will need replaced periodically. Hardwood lasts longest though

Lew Zealand

Helper

Yes you still need to water at Ginger but it rains there pretty regularly so your crops will eventually grow.

Benhimself

Rancher
Got farming mastery, went excitedly to craft the statue of blessings... and I'm a few moss short because I didn't remember that the treasure totems I crafted earlier used it. And it's the start of winter, which means I've got a while to go before I can get any more of the stuff.

ArtifactSpot

Beginning to appreciate the mystery boxes more and more.

Got a magic rock candy, a bunch of seasonal seeds, totems, fertilizers, and stuff to newly decorate the comm center fish tank, among other things.
Where do you find mystery boxes? I know Mr Qi drops mystery bags from a plane sometime but where do you find them. Where is the book lady and her books and the mastery stuff too. Do you need the perfection to get any of this?

Sorry this is just for anyone who knows. I have 1.6 on steam deck but with my fibromyalgia it’s very hard to play I’m just going to have to wait for mobile release but I want to learn all I can so it’s ready when it comes out hopefully by years end!

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Where do you find mystery boxes? I know Mr Qi drops mystery bags from a plane sometime but where do you find them. Where is the book lady and her books and the mastery stuff too. Do you need the perfection to get any of this?

Sorry this is just for anyone who knows. I have 1.6 on steam deck but with my fibromyalgia it’s very hard to play I’m just going to have to wait for mobile release but I want to learn all I can so it’s ready when it comes out hopefully by years end!
I've noticed some new worms that can be ho'd, and they've given up mystery boxes. I also won some mystery boxes during the squid-catch weekend . The bookseller is on a hill above Joja Mart.