Unofficial mod updates

Zerith

Newcomer
Hi, I as just wondering if there is a mod similar to Stardew News Feed, or if anyone could update it to work on the current version. I haven't played the game in a couple of years and remembered this mod being a godsend on my farm.

Last edited:

envylover

Cowpoke
Can someone help update Better Artisan Good Icons to 64 bit please.

Tortall

Newcomer
I started playing on PC but moved to mobile so I wasn't stuck to my computer. Managed to get most of the mods I like sorted out for it, but I'm struggling with BFAV. I've tried the nexus one, says no longer compatible. Tried Kelvinrosa unofficial update, says can't load dll, same with the small change Pathoschild did. I don't get errors on the BFAV files themselves, they seem to load fine and all their products and recipes that come from then are clearly on my not yet shipped list, but I can't buy them. Using the same ones I was using fine on PC. Alpaca, Dinky, Exotic Animals.

The above is the Kelvinrosa with small Pathoschild update.

Suggestions other than waiting for mobile to update our FAVR being completed?

martin66789

Cowpoke
I am using the 64 bit version of stardew valley and am having problems with several mods.
Pytk, Custom Furniture, Dynamic Night time, TMXL Map Tookit, Extreme Fishing Overhaul, NPC Adventures, Stardew Valley Aqarium

SMAPI Log

Kuraion

Newcomer
Hello, I'd like to ask whether someone could make an unofficial update/fix for the Gift Taste Helper (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/229), specifically for the "Progression Mode". For some reason, the SMAPI compatibility page lists this as working, but it has many issues on 1.5. The config isn't working anymore, the UI is using the game zoom instead of UI zoom, and sometimes not all NPCs work.

Last edited:

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
I found out about the issue with the unofficial Better Farm Animal Variety and hatching ostriches from my wife so I created a new version adding ostrich support. Since other people seem to want it too I'm making it available.
Awesome, I *just* heard about this update and I'm snagging it to try it out! Thanks so much for the update!!

Just asking (though perhaps I'll find out myself soon enough) but does this update *also* fix BFAV working with Golden Chickens? With the previous kelvinrosa unofficial BFAV update, while hatching Golden Chickens didn't *break* things like hatching Ostriches did, all Golden Chickens would hatch as White Chickens instead with BFAV in. Like Ostriches, you had to take BFAV out on the day the Golden Chicken was going to hatch, let it hatch without BFAV, and then put BFAV back in.

willowitch

Newcomer
Hi all! To the modders here, thanks for all your hard work updating orphan mods as well as maintaining your own mods. You make the game a real pleasure.

I see over a year ago, someone posted here asking to have Save Game Options updated for 1.5. There was no response for that request. In the Posts tab of the mod, the author says that the mod has been made open source, and on the main description page, there's a link to the source on GitHub. The code hasn't been touched since January 2020 and is reported by users as not working on 1.5. It's a real pain to reset everything with each new game start, especially the sound volume which blasts me out of my chair. All my non-default keybinds are in CJB Cheats, and those persist just fine, so I'm not overly concerned about them. Now that zoom can be set on both the UI and the window, that's also annoying to change every new game. The Save Game Options page is at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5190.

Lshtech

Greenhorn
Awesome, I *just* heard about this update and I'm snagging it to try it out! Thanks so much for the update!!

Just asking (though perhaps I'll find out myself soon enough) but does this update *also* fix BFAV working with Golden Chickens? With the previous kelvinrosa unofficial BFAV update, while hatching Golden Chickens didn't *break* things like hatching Ostriches did, all Golden Chickens would hatch as White Chickens instead with BFAV in. Like Ostriches, you had to take BFAV out on the day the Golden Chicken was going to hatch, let it hatch without BFAV, and then put BFAV back in.
I don't think I'd seen anything about an issue with golden chickens. I can give it a look, though. My update shouldn't have changes anything one way or another in that regard.

ETA: Alright, golden chickens weren't in the list of vanilla animals so should be good now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Serenaede

Newcomer
Unofficial update for Advize's Farm expansion (link to github fork).
Is it possible to get an updated version of this?

I was using the original/pre-1.5 version which was working fine, but after moving my shipping bin via Robin and discovering some of its components were part of the map (leaving a solid 'husk' of the bin behind), I installed the file attached to the quoted post. This unofficial update doesn't alter or extend my map at all, however - both with saved games and creating new ones, so I can't access the map's additional areas.

Last edited:

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
I don't think I'd seen anything about an issue with golden chickens. I can give it a look, though. My update shouldn't have changes anything one way or another in that regard.

ETA: Alright, golden chickens weren't in the list of vanilla animals so should be good now.
It totally makes sense that people haven't heard much about it, since golden chickens don't unlock until 100% completion, which makes them even LATER late-game than ostriches. *thumbsup*

Thank you so much!!! I really cannot express how awesome this is. It saves me a lot of headaches and I appreciate it hugely. Thank you!

pepoluan

Cowpoke
Hi all! To the modders here, thanks for all your hard work updating orphan mods as well as maintaining your own mods. You make the game a real pleasure.

I see over a year ago, someone posted here asking to have Save Game Options updated for 1.5. There was no response for that request. In the Posts tab of the mod, the author says that the mod has been made open source, and on the main description page, there's a link to the source on GitHub. The code hasn't been touched since January 2020 and is reported by users as not working on 1.5. It's a real pain to reset everything with each new game start, especially the sound volume which blasts me out of my chair. All my non-default keybinds are in CJB Cheats, and those persist just fine, so I'm not overly concerned about them. Now that zoom can be set on both the UI and the window, that's also annoying to change every new game. The Save Game Options page is at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5190.
Would love to, but the maker did not specify any open source license, so legally no one is allowed to.

UlyanaLeyana

Planter

Attachments

Last edited:

Lshtech

Greenhorn
if possible, could someone please update these 2 winter crops mod?
Winter Crops https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5976?tab=posts
Six Plantable Crops for Winter https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3581/?tab=posts
not much winter crop mods they're hella rare and i'd really really really be thankful if these 2 could be updated :3
Do you know what isn't working in them? I pulled them into a clean mod folder and was able to grow all crops during winter.

Tks4Fish

Greenhorn
Hi!

I've updated Stone Bridge Over Pond (aka PondWithBridge) (see pull request for 1.0.4-unofficial.1-tks4fish)

I bumped the version to v1.0.4 as Pathoschild has released a 1.0.3.

Changes since 1.0.4-unofficial.1-tks4fish:
  • Updated to SMAPI 3.13.0 and SV 1.5.5
Changes since 1.0.3:
  • Updated to SMAPI 3.10 and SV 1.5
I also would like to thank shekurika on Discord for helping me figure out VS.

Attachments

Last edited: