Unofficial mod updates

YukoMitsuketa

Greenhorn
Hi, I'm still kind of new to the modding and forum community for really any games so I don't quite understand how they work and as of right now every time I open Stardew the game loads in and lets me play for about 30 seconds and just freezes completely. Not just the game itself but my entire computer. I've updated all the mods that I could find but I'm starting to think it may be because of the 1.5.6 update since the game worked fine not too long ago (sometime mid December).

These are the mods I have downloaded.

Anybody know what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks!

1641419355450.png

Tom

Rancher
the game loads in and lets me play for about 30 seconds and just freezes completely. Not just the game itself but my entire computer.
I've had this happen only once, and it was since the 1.5.6 update. I have LookupAnything and UIInfoSuite2 in common with you.

candidus

Farmhand
Long time lurker, registered just to post about this unofficial ChildToNPC update. For me, the game is not recovering when attempting to leave the farmhouse on a rainy day.
At first it crashed as soon as I tried to leave the farm, but I then realized I had one other mod installed. So I removed that mod, leaving Content Patcher and the handful that come with SMAPI as the only other mods installed. Launching the game with this configuration resulted in leaving the farmhouse with no issue but ~6 seconds later it crashed without recovering yet again. I'm on version 1.5.6.

I'm more than happy to offer help figuring out why if I can (my save will be sitting without progress for at least a few days) by testing various things or uploading logs if I can.
Sorry about that. I'm very interested in your log, can you upload it to https://smapi.io/log and post the link?
Things you can try:
Wait some time before leaving the farm house
I found an error in content.json, line 1450, of the ChildAgeUp content pack that I didn't report to the author yet:
At column 126 look for /1140 Community center 6 7 2/ and replace it by /1140 CommunityCenter 6 7 2/

I had issues during development on rainy days, to continue the game it might help to go sleeping without leaving the farmhouse.

TheACF

Newcomer
Some Plato mods. Updated by Pathos and compiled by me
Pathos' PR: https://github.com/Platonymous/Stardew-Valley-Mods/pull/120

these updates are exclusively for the 1.5.5 beta version

Contains PyTK, TMXLoader, Portraiture, Custom Furniture, Harp of Yoba Redux, Custom Music

Edit: Thanks david.rysk#6608 on Discord for Custom Music.
Hi, Thank you very much for your work - i found a reproduceable bug in "Custom Furniture" - where should i report it? If it is used in Multiplayer and the second player buys anything added by the mod, the game is crashing when both go to sleep (bevore levelup and cash). It is also crashing if the first player buys anything which is integrated in his house and the other player take it away. I can give a detail report and also a error log if you want...

Sightshade

Newcomer
Hi all, lurker here with a request. I found this neat little mod called Dust Tamer, which SMAPI says is out of date. The creator hasn't been seen since 2018, so I was hoping that someone here might be able to update? :3

EriNC

Newcomer
hi! Im having some trouble downloading PyTK. when I try to move to my mods folder I get an error that I need permission, but have no way to get past that point

Azure Fang

Greenhorn
Skill Prestige Mod (plus addons)

My first attempt at doing an unofficial update of anything. These are the Skill Prestige Mod and its three addons for Cooking, Luck, and Magic skills by Spacechase. Currently, you have to get Luck and Magic off Spacechase's Discord I believe.

If you set the UI scale crazy high, it might render offscreen? I haven't really "updated" it so much as grabbed the latest pull request version, moved up the dependencies and recompiled it. Works for me though, and I figured there might be someone else out there who's tearing their hair out. Unfortunately, I don't have a very recent save to test on, so it might be the case that it loses previous prestige points from 1.4 versions.
The Magic and Cooking unofficial Prestige fixes have some issues:
Cooking - UI icons are broken, and button sizes overflow the menu.
Magic - UI icons are broken, button sizes overflow the menu, and prestiging does nothing; skill level remains at 10 and the following redtext is printed to the SMAPI console:
[16:35:40 ERROR Skill Prestige] Could not load type 'Magic.SpellBook' from assembly 'Magic, Version=0.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at SkillPrestige.Magic.ModEntry.OnPrestige()
at SkillPrestige.Prestige.PrestigeSkill(Skill skill) in E:\Personal Files\Git Repos\SkillPrestige\SkillPrestige\Prestige.cs:line 72

asunai

Newcomer
Could anyone update this and make it work again? I finally decided to update to 1.5 and this one is long, long broken. :(
Edit: It seems to be located at the same spot one of the new house expansions is located at, if someone does attempt to fix it could you please move the entrances to somewhere they don't impede the default game?

Last edited:

K3vin

Tiller
Last edited:

asunai

Newcomer
Does anyone know if there are ANY shed / big shed mods that work with 1.5.6? I tried every single one on the nexus and can't get any of them to work right. They either don't load the shed, and I get default, or they load in black, or they load in black with smapi spamming red angry at me x.x I just want a slightly bigger shed. x___X

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2251?tab=files This is the shed I'd love to use, but it's completely broke. I used to use T2 back in 1.12. Can anyone fix it?

Last edited:

Fireside

Greenhorn
Sorry about that. I'm very interested in your log, can you upload it to https://smapi.io/log and post the link?
Things you can try:
Wait some time before leaving the farm house
I found an error in content.json, line 1450, of the ChildAgeUp content pack that I didn't report to the author yet:
At column 126 look for /1140 Community center 6 7 2/ and replace it by /1140 CommunityCenter 6 7 2/

I had issues during development on rainy days, to continue the game it might help to go sleeping without leaving the farmhouse.
I completely forgot about this thread for a couple days xD sorry. I have the save still and will get that log in the next couple days!

kaylani

Newcomer
This is just a general blanket request for anything and everything by Yellog/Yewon11 on NexusMods. They've marked everything hidden, pretty much, and I don't have access to links for their files. So, this is just kind of a desperate clarion call for anyone who might have/use their stuff and keeps it updated for their own game...and doesn't mind sharing. Thanks, in advance!
I want that too! I'm searching for Yellog's Walls and Floors but I can't find it anywhere!!

Yellog already re-uploaded her building mod here: https://yellog.postype.com/post/11565362. She's probably gonna re-upload the rest of her mods on her postype.
oh i had no idea i am so happy to know it now!
I would like to know about a different mod the Yandere Events for Jas mod i hope someone could help me figure out if there is anything new on that one as i enjoyed playing that one when it first came out.