The 1.5 update is now available on iOS and Android! [Updated 1/7]

JehutyNinja

Cowpoke
Is it coming next week? Has anyone heard anything? Has it been submitted to the app stores yet?
I think you know as much as we do. We're awaiting a release date according to the last post. I just want the guy to enjoy his holidays, I'm happy waiting, honestly, he seems under an immense amount of stress.

I wish him and everyone happy holidays! Stay safe, eat good, stay warm, love each other!

nicodeux

Farmer
Playing Stardew Valley acts like a therapy for me and the game is a real relief after the events of my daily life. So, I'm more than eager to see the 1.5 be released on mobile.

Nonetheless, I truly hope that ConcernedApe and people from the porting team do not overburden themselves and are not too stressed by players expectations. It is very important to me that they spent some quality time with their family and beloved ones for Christmas. And if that means a few more days delay, so be it.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
latest tweet dropped:

Even though the update could probably be pushed right now, he & the port team still want to go through and make sure the quality is good. I know this is a bummer since we all wanted it to come out before the end of this year, but please keep in mind that everyone's working really hard and during the holiday season no less. Let's be patient and understanding especially in a time when they should be with their families instead.

JehutyNinja

Cowpoke
latest tweet dropped:

Even though the update could probably be pushed right now, he & the port team still want to go through and make sure the quality is good. I know this is a bummer since we all wanted it to come out before the end of this year, but please keep in mind that everyone's working really hard and during the holiday season no less. Let's be patient and understanding especially in a time when they should be with their families instead.
I'm more than happy to wait, we're here, on the cusp, what's another week?

ggchan

Tiller
latest tweet dropped:

Truth to be told, I'm sad that I'm unable to play 1.5 this Christmas break. But at the same time, it would have been a pain if it will be loaded with bugs and errors. Also, I really hope that CA and his team were able to have some time to relax and celebrate the holidays since that is more important.

nicodeux

Farmer
I won't deny that I'm disappointed by the delay, but this does not come as a surprise. Delivering during the holiday season is really ambitious.

I am perfectly fine with waiting for another week - or two - if this is what it takes to polish the update. After all, this is one of the reasons why Stardew Valley is so much appreciated: ConcernedApe delivered a game of high quality because he took his time to fine-tune it rather than rushing for some deadline.

And as I wrote above, I really hope that ConcernedApe and fellow developers spent some quality time with their families and beloved ones during Christmas and the holidays season because this is what matters above all.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Targetting the end of year is a random, arbitrary limit and almost guarantees that some corners would be cut unless by pure luck it ended up being too much time. As a few have said already, it's disappointing but it's better to get a minimally buggy release in a week's time as opposed to a frustrating one with bugs now. And a few days off for the New Year's holiday will hopefully give the devs a bug-busting brain boost break.

Any word yet if the update has been submitted to apple or google play? It can take up to a week for the app stores to approve & release after developer submission. Should we expect release on Jan5, or is that the planned submission date?

nicodeux

Farmer
No word yet. But I think that ConcernedApe will inform us when the update is released from his hands, i.e. when it is submitted for validation to Apple and Google.
It would be the easiest way because he has no control over the internal process of the companies and couldn't know when update would hit the various local substores.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Any word yet if the update has been submitted to apple or google play? It can take up to a week for the app stores to approve & release after developer submission. Should we expect release on Jan5, or is that the planned submission date?
I was just ruminating this earlier today. Did the extra week mean from the day of the tweet or an extra week of the new year? Gaahhh, too much brainalysis!

January 7th, I choose you!