The 1.5 update is now available on iOS and Android! [Updated 1/7]

nicodeux

Farmer
iphone, after the most recent update, game keeps shutting down.
If this happens when you load a game from an emergency save (when you are prompted to resume from where you left off instead of starting the day anew), ConcernedApe recently stated on Twitter that he's just found the reason for this issue and he is fixing it. In the meantime, he advices to not use the emergency save/load and only use regular load/save at the end of the day. Not that this should also fix alot of other issues that were reported (animals staying outdoor at night, misplaced NPCs...).

I'm truly amazed by CA committment to fixing bugs so quickly.

ggchan

Tiller

I am just in awe of CA's dedication. And that "add items to stacks" button and the whole farm screenshot are real game changers. Definitely proof that he doesn't and never intended to have mobile users be treated unfairly. I remember being so envious of the PC and console players because of those features.

I'm just sad, I still have yet to play the update because of adulting and work. Things are so busy for me this January... (also, I'm waiting for SMAPI for Android to update...)

Last edited:

Elenna101

Farmer
I'm just sad, I still have yet to play the update because of adulting and work. Things are so busy for me this January... (also, I'm waiting for SMAPI for Android to update...)
Same, I started a new mobile farm and I'm only two days in...
(and sweet, the "add item to stack" was one of the things I posted in the bug thread about! Hopefully mobile will also get advanced crafting menu soon...)

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
Man this is a bummer. I’m excited the update is out but it’s changed. I can’t play the game and video playing PIP. Before it easily could now it just freezes the game

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
And everything seems smaller. The font. The energy bar. The bag/menu screen. Sure you can change number size is setting but that’s it.

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
Used to also be able to explore map with zooming out now it’s just walk to explore. Just some things not impressed with

nicodeux

Farmer
I believe that MrRoachKlip wants to say that though you can still pinch the screen to zoom in and out, you can no longer drag it to one side or another while zoomed out: the screen remains centered. This was used by many (like me for instance) to explore the map without moving. It was very useful when doing a Skull Caverns deep dive.

JehutyNinja

Cowpoke
I believe that MrRoachKlip wants to say that though you can still pinch the screen to zoom in and out, you can no longer drag it to one side or another while zoomed out: the screen remains centered. This was used by many (like me for instance) to explore the map without moving. It was very useful when doing a Skull Caverns deep dive.
Oh ok, I forgot you could even do that, just getting back into the thick of things

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
Exactly!!