Research poll: Which non-marriageable singles would the forum population most like to see available for marriage?

Which non-marriageable single(s) would you like the option to marry? (pick up to 3)

• Rasmodius

• Sandy

• Clint

• Gus

• Pam

• Linus

• Lewis

• Marnie

• Willy

• Dwarf

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red Victor

Newcomer
I've always had a soft spot for Marnie even though her and Lewis seem to be a thing. She's so nice and great with animals. Immediately friendly and welcoming unlike a lot of other people, too. I also gotta go for my boy Clint even if he ruins my farm's flow whenever I upgrade my watering can. If Emily won't notice him THEN I WILL. He's a bit clingy and a bit weird but I would be nowhere without him. Lastly I dig Sandy, redheads are 10/10 and she's the reddest redhead. Plus moving her to the valley would be convenient. Although if I could have anyone romanceable...
I'd pull a Mr. Steal yo girl on Pierre. He ain't ever do nothin for me and I got it bad. :caroline: Me and magic man could bond over it. Clowny Pierre too busy selling me stuff at festivals to spend time with what should be his #1, smh.

Last edited:

Bananapaws

Sodbuster
I would like the option to woo/marry people who are already married. Just because I've always thought it would be freaking hilarious for George to abandon his wife for some hot young stud. Alex reaction would be priceless.

Odin

Staff member
I'm honestly a bit surprised, I wouldn't have expected Clint to be in third. Although Marnie and the Wizard are very close behind.

imnvs

Local Legend
I'm honestly a bit surprised, I wouldn't have expected Clint to be in third. Although Marnie and the Wizard are very close behind.
Honestly, if it was me describing it, I'd say the Wizard and Dwarf are neck and neck at 5th and 6th, with Marnie in a very close 4th behind Clint.

I wish I could have done the poll ranked choice, but choose 3 was the best the software allowed (I hate single-choice polls, especially with this many options to choose from). I wonder how ranked choice would alter things.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I'm kinda not. Clint feels like the natural opposite to Emily, not Shane. I think people don't like edging him out without being able to romance him at all. Then again he DOES like Jojablue, so it's kinda understandable in a way... ;P

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I think the biggest question with Dwarf marriage, as opposed to just being a roommate, would be if there was an audience for it or not. Given the surprising number of votes for them (the same number as Rasmodius, sitting at a little over 25% of the vote), there does, in fact, actually seem to be an audience for it.

Marnie and Gus are definitely at the top of my list. It's so sad when Marnie mentions at the flower festival that 'Love is in the air, and I'm still single..." and she has such a cute design. Linus I'd like to sort of go in the way of Krobus -- I know he's happy where he is, but I'd really love for him to be able to live outside on my farm in his tent and have an optional room to come inside to in the dead of winter when it's really cold/hard to find food.

Gus is probably the only one that could've gotten even close to Harvey in my game. He's cheerful, generous, hardworking, and has a great attitude. I love the compassionate way he deals with Pam and the brotherly way he speaks to Linus. I kind of don't see a reason that he wasn't available, come to think of it.

I would love if Linus could live on the farm in his tent

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Why is there not Jodi?:cry:
Because whatever you think of their marriage, Jodi is married. And seems to be genuinely in love with her husband. The problems with their relationship aren't because of how they feel about each other, they're based on making the choice too soon without a chance to explore other life paths, and about the horrors of war.

nararabbit

Greenhorn
I’d love to “date” Gus or Willy in game since I like cooking & have a beach farm. I’m in my 30s and most of the marriage candidates seem waaay too young for me, I feel like a creep talking up Penny, Alex, Sam, Maru, Sebastian, Emily, Abigail, or Haley. That eliminates a lot of people! I married Shane for this reason, and am considering Harvey for the next round bc he at least seems a bit older.

I used to think Demetrius. I’m a scientist in real life and having a scientist partner would be cool. Since he is not likely to be marriageable later, I let that one go.

Quirinea

Farmer
I thought Sandy was obvious, and then Clint. After that I pondered between Gus and Willy. Pam would also fit in. I've always thought that Rasmodius is very old and partly in another realm. Dwarf could be a roommate like Krobus, not a spouse. Lewis and Marnie seem to have some kind of relationship, and Linus is a hermit...