Creator Response A HUGE list of questions / desired clarifications

SallyElsa

Newcomer
So during the planning phase, when "trading" items with other players, do you have to have an item to trade or can someone just give you an item you need? (Same thing with the Shed, do you need to trade an item to take out items, or can you just take them out durinf the planning phase?)
Thank you for your time!

kailomonkey

Tiller
Thank you Colito.

Another question.
Shed building -can Player interact with it (in terms of donating items to it) only during planning phase?

So far I've played three games and some buildings seem to be far more valuable than others. Shipping Bin was my most favourite one. While Shed (assuming my question is answered with "yes") seems to be far less interesting one.
I think the shed is just an extra store for items to free up slots. In the planning phase you organise your inventory's with what you will need and leave bits you will need later in the shed.

It is useful in solo play where just holding the materials to build buildings can make it hard to keep items for gifting, for selling, for building stairs and for possible bundles. Like many things in the game, by the time you get them there's not much year left to make them overly useful most the time.

Question regarding this Mine map tile and the Master Slingshot mining profession: If I have 1 stone, and roll a monster, could I essentially keep choosing the double stone and a monster as my 2 other spaces, and then hit 2 monsters to get 4 new spaces (let’s say 1 Mine Event, double Stone, and 2 monsters) to farm Mine Events infinity? Or does the Master Slingshot only apply if the dice roll a monster?
View attachment 9146
I think this would be abuse of the card so you would not do that. The technical answer already given that roll implies only used when rolling also removes abuse of the item. Pick 2 other spaces also implies you can't pick the same space, but for this I think you are okay to pick another monster space, but you would not use the slingshot again; you would resolve any combat you choose or invoke another card where possible.

Prairie King Arcade System: "Discard 2 Gold to roll 1 Stardew die, If Junimo gain 1 heart token"
There are several item cards or epics that do something along these lines
Does this count as an action? when can I use these cards? (I assume its an action)
Already answered but the card should say 'during your turn' or 'spend an action to' if those are required, otherwise you would do them immediately I think. Also look out for the gift icon, for those you keep the card and the stuff happens when the gift comes up on a season card.

If it does happen immediately it's safe to assume the card is also discarded afterward because there's no other way to invoke it. If the card is on gift, on turn or spend action, I would assume to keep the card unless it states to discard it.

Last edited:

SallyElsa

Newcomer
I think the shed is just an extra store for items to free up slots. In the planning phase you organise your inventory's with what you will need and leave bits you will need later in the shed.

It is useful in solo play where just holding the materials to build buildings can make it hard to keep items for gifting, for selling, for building stairs and for possible bundles. Like many things in the game, by the time you get them there's not much year left to make them overly useful most the time.

I think this would be abuse of the card so you would not do that. The technical answer already given that roll implies only used when rolling also removes abuse of the item. Pick 2 other spaces also implies you can't pick the same space, but for this I think you are okay to pick another monster space, but you would not use the slingshot again; you would resolve any combat you choose or invoke another card where possible.

Already answered but the card should say 'during your turn' or 'spend an action to' if those are required, otherwise you would do them immediately I think. Also look out for the gift icon, for those you keep the card and the stuff happens when the gift comes up on a season card.

If it does happen immediately it's safe to assume the card is also discarded afterward because there's no other way to invoke it. If the card is on gift, on turn or spend action, I would assume to keep the card unless it states to discard it.
Thank you so much for answering!

qtMinh

Newcomer
Hi, I have some questions too :

- when you buy the stable, who gets the horse epic item ?

- when you stack crops with the hoe, does a crow icon from a season card take all the crops or just one ? And if it only takes one, does the season card with 2 crows take 2 crops if I only have a pile of crops in the third position ?

- on the board's museum track there is an artifact icon on the left side and a mineral icon on the right side. Does it mean that I can place mineral tiles with a "?" only on the right side or it forgoes this ?

- does ocean's crab pot count as "ocean's fish" for the fish bundle ? And for Demetreius' bundle ?

Thank you for everything :)

Last edited:

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
- when you buy the stable, who gets the horse epic item ?
Whoever built the Stable gets it, but they can trade it away to another player.

- when you stack crops with the hoe, does a crow icon from a season card take all the crops or just one ? And if it only takes one, does the season card with 2 crows take 2 crops if I only have a pile of crops in the third position ?
It takes a single crop tile. The card with 2 crows would take 2 tiles, and if it targets a field with a stack you may choose to take them out of the same field slot.

- on the board's museum track there is an artifact icon on the left side and a mineral icon on the right side. Does it mean that I can place mineral tiles with a "?" only on the right side or it forgoes this ?
Artifacts and Minerals with the "?" can be placed in any spot on either column. Those symbols just show a general trend for the others.

- does ocean's crab pot count as "ocean's fish" for the fish bundle ? And for Demetreius' bundle ?
Yes, crab pot fish count towards bundles that require their type (ocean, river or lake).