Research poll: Which non-marriageable singles would the forum population most like to see available for marriage?

Which non-marriageable single(s) would you like the option to marry? (pick up to 3)

• Rasmodius

• Sandy

• Clint

• Gus

• Pam

• Linus

• Lewis

• Marnie

• Willy

• Dwarf

Results are only viewable after voting.

LRangerR

Local Legend
{laughs}
Don’t you know “Gus” is already married to a certain famous “Princess” and is in Stardew Valley only due to his being in the witness protection program?

If his former associates in the “Toad” crime family ever found him he’d quickly be wearing cement shoes, heh.
Well now you just gave it all away, good job. RIP Gus.

rippytrippy

Planter
the thing about marrying the people that work in shops (like Clint) is how the schedule would be for them after marriage

they are designed to stand in one place and sell you stuff :/

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
the thing about marrying the people that work in shops (like Clint) is how the schedule would be for them after marriage

they are designed to stand in one place and sell you stuff :/
I think CA handled that really well with Krobus. If you have him as a roommate, a chest takes the place of his usual spot in the sewers, and you can buy from it as if Krobus had actually been standing there. Maybe something similar to that could be done in the future for other NPCs with shops?

Elenna101

Farmer
I think CA handled that really well with Krobus. If you have him as a roommate, a chest takes the place of his usual spot in the sewers, and you can buy from it as if Krobus had actually been standing there. Maybe something similar to that could be done in the future for other NPCs with shops?
Or maybe something similar to what happens now when they go to Ginger Island - they could leave a note saying "put the money in this box" and then you just buy as usual.
But yeah, I assume that's the reason Gus, Clint, Marnie, and Willy were not originally marriage candidates. Especially Gus, who would have to stay at the saloon until 12 - he might not even be able to walk back to the farmhouse by 2am.

Although I guess Maru and Harvey sort of run a shop (the reception desk at the hospital). Maru's only there twice a week, so she can continue working there after marriage while still staying on the farm for the majority of days like other spouses do, as opposed to someone like Clint or Willy who would just never be on the farm during the day if they kept their normal shop hours.

Question to anyone who's married Harvey: The wiki says he's only at the clinic two days a week after marriage. Are you still able to buy energy tonics and muscle remedies from the clinic on days that aren't Tuesday or Thursday (the days Maru works there)? If so, I'd assume the same thing could be done for other shopkeepers. But obviously the clinic reception desk is a lot less vital to the game compared to all the other shops.

rippytrippy

Planter
lol i forgot about that tidbit
ig they could make it work. it'd be nice to see Clint get married someday and be less of a sour lemon

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I need to point out that I am just tickled that @ConcernedApe voted in the poll. 😁😁😁
Wow, it's amazing to know that he's curious as to what we have to say about this and is presumably reading this thread! :hlevel: I can't say I'm shocked by his votes either. They're the top candidates who lost out in the old marriage polls. Makes me wonder if he might be willing to share his official stance on all of these poll options sometime.

It also tickles me that the Dwarf is currently on the same level as Rasmodius, who would've dominated in the aforementioned polls if it weren't for Shane. It's even better because they used to be dead last in the poll that preceded the official marriage poll. I can only assume that the Krobus treatment is a big part of what ignited interest in the Dwarf.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Why isn't jodi on the list?
Ummm... have you never talked to her, Sam or Vincent? Have you never played more than 1 year?

She's married, my dude. It's the same reason Kent, Carolyn, Pierre, Robin, Demetrius, George and Evelyn aren't on the list.

Xristos

Tiller
Ummm... have you never talked to her, Sam or Vincent? Have you never played more than 1 year?

She's married, my dude. It's the same reason Kent, Carolyn, Pierre, Robin, Demetrius, George and Evelyn aren't on the list.
I remembered that as soon as I posted the answer... I'm sleepy my mind can't function properly... I deleted it don't worry 😂

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Something just occurred to me, namely how a proposal with the Dwarf would probably have to involve different dialogue in response to it than normal. Normally, the NPC you propose to arranges the ceremony, but given the language barrier and all, the Dwarf more than likely wouldn't be able to do that. Upon proposing to them, maybe they could say that they'll see about getting Rasmodius to arrange the ceremony instead of the typical dialogue?

Last edited:

Cuusardo

Farmer
Rasmodeus: He's fascinating because he understands magic.
Gus: Best cook in Stardew Valley! And you know he's always in the know about what's going on around Pelican Town.
Marnie: Such a sweetheart who adores animals.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I can't help but wonder if CA is surprised by the number of votes that some of these options have. Like how Gus is in second, despite not even being included in the official marriage poll a while back. I think he was in the pre-poll, but he didn't make it to the final poll.

dots

Sodbuster
Voted for Sandy and Marnie! They both seem kinda lonely, and they're both total sweethearts! I was surprised to see Gus was so popular, that warms my heart, he's such a great guy

Maugatta

Tiller
Pam obviously !
:pam:
Then, Willy (he is a such good guy, and we have the same hobby: fishing)
:willy:
and why not that strange but so curious man named Rasmodius ?
:wizard:

Last edited:

Salonpad

Farmhand
Willyyyy !! That man can flirt my wig off , maybe Clint too cuz i want him to be happy. The one i think that is easiest to work with is Sandy and the wizard 🧙‍♂️ But i get that feeling Rasmodius still in love with his ex wife 🥺🤧 he definitely still care for her and it really sad.