Research poll: Which non-marriageable singles would the forum population most like to see available for marriage?

Which non-marriageable single(s) would you like the option to marry? (pick up to 3)

• Rasmodius

• Sandy

• Clint

• Gus

• Pam

• Linus

• Lewis

• Marnie

• Willy

• Dwarf

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alfyna

Sodbuster
Marnie and Gus are definitely at the top of my list. It's so sad when Marnie mentions at the flower festival that 'Love is in the air, and I'm still single..." and she has such a cute design. Linus I'd like to sort of go in the way of Krobus -- I know he's happy where he is, but I'd really love for him to be able to live outside on my farm in his tent and have an optional room to come inside to in the dead of winter when it's really cold/hard to find food.

Gus is probably the only one that could've gotten even close to Harvey in my game. He's cheerful, generous, hardworking, and has a great attitude. I love the compassionate way he deals with Pam and the brotherly way he speaks to Linus. I kind of don't see a reason that he wasn't available, come to think of it.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Aww, the one I would've picked isn't on here, that being the Dwarf. I've got a whole thread partly explaining why I think they should be a candidate. Now, I do know that them eventually being a roommate is probably more likely than them being a marriage candidate, but you never know. Out of the NPCs on this poll, though, I'm going with Sandy, Clint, and Gus. Sandy is probably the most currently requested marriage candidate by far, and I definitely don't think that's without reason. As for Clint, one half of that particular plot is available for marriage, so why not him as well? I think it'd be interesting to see how that would play out. And with Gus, a common suggestion I've seen is for some older marriage candidates, and I think he could fill those shoes.

Odin

Staff member
I voted for Sandy and Gus, my third vote would have been for Willy if he was listed. I feel like Sandy is the obvious choice, she mentions being a bit bored with life in the desert and that could easily be expanded with some more heart events and dialog.

Worblehat

Planter
+1 for Willy and the Dwarf. 🙂 :willy::dwarf: No comment on Sandy since I haven't met her yet.

I voted for Gus and Linus, specifically Alfyna's platonic Linus idea. I like Marnie but don't think she works for this - would Shane become Jas's caretaker? Would Jas move into the farmhouse? The latter would be the way to go if this was real, but I'd expect that would be a nightmare to code in the game.

LRangerR

Local Legend
There is no Marlon or Gil or Gunther, what the hell is this crap? :P

+1 for Willy and the Dwarf. 🙂 :willy::dwarf: No comment on Sandy since I haven't met her yet.

I voted for Gus and Linus, specifically Alfyna's platonic Linus idea. I like Marnie but don't think she works for this - would Shane become Jas's caretaker? Would Jas move into the farmhouse? The latter would be the way to go if this was real, but I'd expect that would be a nightmare to code in the game.
....Would that mean you could potentially turn Jas into a dove???

Worblehat

Planter
A bit of a brainstorm about this topic - make them map-dependent marriageables:
  • Beach Farm = can marry Willy
  • Riverland Farm = can marry Marnie (if the Jas situation can be worked out)
  • Forest Farm = can marry Mr. Asmodius
  • Hilltop Farm = can roommate The Dwarf
  • Wilderness Farm = can roommate Linus (or marry Marlon, perhaps)
  • Four Corners Farm = no change, it's for multiplayer, let the players marry each other
  • Standard Farm = either no change to keep it as the simple farm, or add Gus.
Perhaps in this hypothetical future update there'd be yet another farm map option, the Desert Farm, with marriageable Sandy.

Anhaga

Rancher
I am torn between Gus and Rasmodius when it comes to #3. I went with Gus because Rasmodius seems a little distant and hard to romance. Plus I'd want to get that 14-heart recipe from Gus! :laugh:

imnvs

Local Legend
Aww, the one I would've picked isn't on here, that being the Dwarf.
I even thought of the dwarf, but decided against it because of the whole "different species" thing. However, if someone wants to vote for him, who am I to deny you?
my third vote would have been for Willy if he was listed.
I forgot Willy!?!

So yes, two new options added, in case people would like to update their votes.
There is no Marlon or Gil or Gunther
Those three were excluded because you can not gain hearts with them. That's a whole 'nother animal. 😉

None of the above?

Seriously, I don't get the premise behind this. Then again, I didn't really get why Shane and Emily had to become eligible candidates either, so maybe that's just me.

Odin

Staff member
Seriously, I don't get the premise behind this. Then again, I didn't really get why Shane and Emily had to become eligible candidates either, so maybe that's just me.
Well, everyone finds different characters interesting! It's all just about personal preference. It's certainly fine if you aren't interested in seeing new marriage candidates, but others are. I'm not sure anyone will be able to explain it more than that though.

Fat Link

Cowpoke
Marnie and Gus are definitely at the top of my list. It's so sad when Marnie mentions at the flower festival that 'Love is in the air, and I'm still single..." and she has such a cute design. Linus I'd like to sort of go in the way of Krobus -- I know he's happy where he is, but I'd really love for him to be able to live outside on my farm in his tent and have an optional room to come inside to in the dead of winter when it's really cold/hard to find food.

Gus is probably the only one that could've gotten even close to Harvey in my game. He's cheerful, generous, hardworking, and has a great attitude. I love the compassionate way he deals with Pam and the brotherly way he speaks to Linus. I kind of don't see a reason that he wasn't available, come to think of it.
{laughs}
Don’t you know “Gus” is already married to a certain famous “Princess” and is in Stardew Valley only due to his being in the witness protection program?

If his former associates in the “Toad” crime family ever found him he’d quickly be wearing cement shoes, heh.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i chose wizard, sandy, and dwarf. wizard and sandy are who i voted for way back before 1.1 came out and i still think they would be fun choices. wizard has been married before so there could be some stuff explored with that, while sandy i just think is super sweet and charming

dwarf is my third choice because i don't wanna leave them out after we get krobus!

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
If we *were* including NPCs you can't gain hearts with, I'd be interested in Gunther. Who is this mysterious library/museum man?
Oh yeah, I totally agree! However, in order for that to happen, he'd need to be made into an interactable/giftable NPC first, and I can imagine that taking a lot of work. I hope we at least get the ability to befriend him someday, though. Marlon as well.

I like Marnie but don't think she works for this - would Shane become Jas's caretaker? Would Jas move into the farmhouse? The latter would be the way to go if this was real, but I'd expect that would be a nightmare to code in the game.
Off topic but, Shane is Jas' godfather and Marnie is Shane's aunt. Jas should come with Shane if you marry him. She should stay with Shane if you could marry Marnie.