Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUES IN YOUR GAME HERE!

Please be aware that spoilers ARE allowed in this thread!

A template you can follow:

• explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
  • full error text (if any);
  • what OS you are using;
  • in-game language;
  • single-player or multiplayer;
  • anything else you think might be relevant;
  • if you experience a bug that isn't cosmetic, please upload your save file!
How to find your save file:
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/
  • This page also explains how to find saves: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves

We CANNOT help with issues with your modded game!
Your issue MAY be fixed in the latest patches of the game-- thanks for reporting your issues! You can see all the recent changelogs here https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/413150

p.s. please do not click the reply button on this post; report your issue at the bottom of the thread!

Last edited:
Loaded save file from earlier today, and witnessed:
"???" for the island weather report with a picture of a fall leaf (it is fall)

My tea trees are all invisible, but block movement and respond to interaction so seem to still be there. It's not the last week so I don't know if they're still producing.
1710875132127.png

Dwarvish Translation Guide has appeared in my special items, despite having only turned in 1 scroll and not having obtained the others. Can now speak to and trade with the Dwarf when I couldn't before.
1710875096289.png

1710875110493.png

(The reason I don't have the scrolls yet at this stage in the game is because I was playing pacifist, with the rule that I can't kill monsters. Scroll III can't be obtained without killing monsters (according to the wiki). So, previously I would never have been able to trade with the Dwarf. Not that I'm complaining, but it certainly seems unintended)

Windows 10, English, Singleplayer. Entirely unmodded.

Edit: Just checked, and my old wine, jelly, and pickles seem to work fine with the new color system.

Attachments

Last edited:

7oons

Greenhorn
I tried to unlock the achievement of getting all Stardrops, which i had done for sure.
I saw a forum post on here from 2021 of ConcernedApe saying i have to add something in my world folder. I had done the exact thing he said but now my world permanentely crashes on startup :/
I am getting this error code right now (its been a week since i had this problem and rly wanna play 1.6 on this world lol)
I play on steam btw.

InnerException: System.Xml.XmlException: Name cannot begin with the '%' character, hexadecimal value 0x25. Line 1, position 49.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read273_SaveGame()
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1448
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5606
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4120
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.0 build 24079
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Spring 0 Y1 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: null

Lumba

Greenhorn
Hello! Just started playing and noticed that Sam has no dialogue and Social Joja-uniform sprites.
I think this probably is an issue.
Unmodded, Windows 10, English, Singleplayer.
1710875110761.png
1710875182871.png

Game crashed when I tried using the scrollbar for the animal tab. Though I have like 3 chickens so it couldn't really scroll in the first place. Also, I was able to redo this bug three times in a row.

Windows 11
English
Singleplayer

mouse

Farmer
Game crashed when i used the scroll bar in the animal tab.
Windows 11, English, Singleplayer
its a new save on meadowlands so maybe its because there is nothing to scroll.
Can you upload the error log if it left one? To find it:
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs
  • On Mac ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/
  • On Linux, ~/.local/share/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/

dylanab

Greenhorn
I saw this bug on the Switch and on PC, and it still persists after upgrading to 1.6. Here's the bug:

1. Go to the pause menu -> options, and uncheck "Use Controller-Style Menus"
2. Open up a chest and press the button/key to hot-jump to the "Add To Existing Stacks" button.
3. Click "Add To Existing Stacks".
4. Move your cursor down to an item in your inventory, and once clicked the cursor will jump back to the "Add To Existing Stacks" button.

This will happen every time you click on an item in your inventory.

Some Notes:

- You can cancel the bug by exiting and re-entering the chest.
- You can cancel the bug by clicking on an item in the chest to bring it into your inventory.
- The bug does not happen if you move the cursor to the "Add To Existing Stacks" button -- only if you hot-jump to it.
- This bug does not happen if you are using Controller-Style Menus.

Lirke

Greenhorn
On 4k monitor, 3840x2160, there is a slight bug on the intro scene. The background mountain graphic clips out in the right portion of the screen.
Unmodded, Windows 11, English, Singleplayer.
2024-03-19_15-31-37.png
1710876769114.png

My friend has a super wide screen and he says he got similar problem.
49inch widescreen. Unmodded, Windows 11, English, Singleplayer
1710891196931.png

Last edited:

Faeeeriee

Greenhorn
Hiya,

I've had an issue with a (unmodded) multiplayer world - no error text sadly so I'll try my best to explain it as well as possible. I started an 8 player multiplayer alone and did the 1st day, on the 2nd day around mid-day my one friend joined. Upon joining we did things as normal etc. however, when it came to 12am in game we got into bed to sleep and it wouldn't let us. Not only this, but on my friends end it kept saying 2/2 sleeping then jumping between 1-7/2 sleeping though there were just two of us in game. We were on Discord voicechat and I told him that it said it was 2am my end when it hit 2am but nothing happened, and he said his said 9pm. Once I clicked to get out of bed we both passed out - however, this then led us to an infinite black screen.

If you have any more questions please let me know! Sorry there's no error code - it was a very strange one and caused no "full crashes" somehow!

reneamiaou

Greenhorn
I just started a new, unmodded game after the update, on Meadowlands farm. English, Single player on PC windows 10, installed through Steam. I'm playing on controller, and the wardrobe inside the house does not function properly with the controller. With my mouse, I can click the different categories of storage listed on the left to switch between them; however, on controller, there seems to be no button combination that can switch between categories.

(love the game, love the new farm type)