Please Read Dedicated typo and translation error thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirelessDragon

Newcomer
Platform: Switch
- Language: French
- Version: 1.5.4
- Status Update: Still not fixed (As of latest version)
- Checked: 23rd Feb

Shows "true" instead of "Chapeau de tigre". Description is good, only the name of the item is affected

IMG_20210223_222145__01.jpg

Wuselding

Cowpoke
Platform: PC
Language: German
Version: 1.5.4

Translation error on a quest

Could be a bit tricky to translate into German as it seems it is a prewritten text with a random thing inserted.

Otherwise: "Ich hätte gerne: Einen Topas, um ihn unter mein Kissen zu legen."

DesertBoots

Farmhand
Dialogue bug: Warp Totem: Mountainses instead of Warp Totems: Mountains.
From the dialog when you request the return of a lost item

stardew mountainses.JPG

I had this happen yesterday.
PC; English. I cannot find a version number, but it's 1.5 and steam says this:
1614201161841.png

Sarami67

Newcomer
Platform:PC
Languages:Japanese
Version:1.5.3
Checked:2/26/2021
Flounder's detail is not natural.
Please change
"それは下に住んでいるので、両目は上にあります。" => "地底に住んでいるので、両目は上にあります。
" I use Flounder page in English Wiki(https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Flounder) as reference.

Attachments

dubesor

Farmhand
- Platform: PC / Steam
- Language: English
- Version: 1.5.4

Typos in in-game item descriptions:

Beet - A sweet and earthy root vegatable. As a bonus, the leaves make a great salad. - misspelled vegetable.
Ornamental Fan - This exquisute fan most likely belonged to a noblewoman. Historians believe that the valley was a popular sixth-era vacation spot for the wealthy. - misspelled exquisite.
Golden Relic - It's a golden slab with heiroglyphs and pictures emblazoned onto the front. - misspelled hieroglyphs.

Netoxinaa

Newcomer
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Language: Spanish

While the language is Spanish, the snake's skull description appears in english.

Attachments

Language: US English

Minor line break misalignment in one of Emily's dialogues:

"...to liv
e a long and active life."

Screenshot attached, as well as the Steam distro information below in case it's helpful.

Screenshot 2021-03-02 000605.jpg

Thanks!

Attachments

Nachomik

Newcomer
Platform: PC (Steam)
Language: Korean

Shane's 6+ heart quote “Buh... Where's the Joja Cola?” is mistranslated as "버... 조자 콜라 어딨지?" (I guess it's a typo)
Should be "... 조자 콜라 어딨지?"

Elsa

Newcomer
Language: English
Version: 1.5.0

1. Robin, "summer_Mon": "Wood is a wonderful substance... it's versatile, cheap, strong, and each piece has it's own unique character!" Possessive its lacks the apostrophe.

2. Haley, "summer_Tue4": "$p 47#Hey I found this new tool to open jars with. So you won't need to help me anymore." Missing a comma after hey.

3. Couldn't find this in the files and I'm not positive it's not a mod (though I didn't see this in my mods data either): Penny's at the saloon with Sam, and says something along the lines of, "Have you tried the sliders? The sauce Gus serves with them is delcious". Delcious vs delicious.

Reposting from a dedicated thread now that there's a typo megathread—not sure if these typos exist in 1.5.1!
Its is the correct form for the possessive. An apostrophe there would be incorrect.

susb8383

Planter
- PC
- English
- Version 1.5 (I know I have updates but it doesn't show me the specific version)

Sam says "Maybe I should learn to play the ukelele." The correct spelling is ukulele.

Attachments

Donpi

Farmhand
- PC
- Spanish
- Version 1.5

Hola, puedo especificar algunos errores concretos: tildes en "ti", por ejemplo, o en "jóven" con Birdie.
Pero el caso es que el contenido del parche 1.5 (lo estoy disfrutando muchísimo) tiene muchas faltas de ortografía y necesita una revisión completa.

Hello, I can specify some concrete errors: tildes in "ti", for example, or in "young" with Birdie.
But the thing is, the content in patch 1.5 (I'm really enjoying it) has a lot of misspellings and needs a full review.

Vestrond

Cowpoke
- PC (Steam)
-Russian
- Version 1.5.4

1. Wrong recipe's name.
Now: "Черничный коблер"
Should be: "Ежевичный коблер"

That's because we're using blackberry (ежевика) for this recipe, not blueberry (черника).

1615541430428.png

1615541610704.png

Also: TV show using correct recipe's name so only problem in global name.
1615541689765.png

2. Wrong reply from Abigail
Look at attached screenshot. I have full stars of relationship with Abigail. Here is she coming to place behind the bus. And I catch her while she doing it.
Message is "Seems like Abigail don't want to talk." So, here is % symbol that wrong in this message. For us it looks like "Seems like %Abigail don't want to talk.".
1615541743507.png

3. True cap.
Is this name correct? :) I don't think so.
1615541859204.png

4. Spiritual grandpa
The situation happens when the main hero meet grandpa while can get maximum scores (4 candles).
In this situation we get absolutely useless text that looks really ugly.
Russian:
1615541991716.png

English version:
1615542015638.png

It's really confusing for Russian. Better to say: "Ты стал фермером гораздо лучшим, чем я когда либо был, и этим ты оказал великую честь нашей семье.".

Russian:
1615542116856.png

English:
1615542149465.png

Absolutely wrong. Better to say: "Теперь я чувствую... Мой дух наконец то может уйти на покой. Благославляю тебя.".

5. Professor Snail

I'm sorry but I have no screenshots for this case. But, Professor Snail have no translation of his name. In game I see "Professor snail" instead "Профессор Улиткин". Also my dialog was freezed permanent (until click "skip scene") with this gentelman before reply where he say his name.

Last edited:

smush

Newcomer
-PC (Steam)
-English
-Current version ("Installed content release date: Jan 22, 2021")

1615741352573.png

Fix: since it's mad-libbing the item name into place, check to see if the item name ends with "s". if so, use a different string that doesn't append an "s" to it; otherwise, use the current one.

Vestrond

Cowpoke
- PC (Steam)
- Russian
- Version 1.5.4

Here is extra symbols that musn't be here. I'm about the "n." at the end of the reply.

1615750856693.png

susb8383

Planter
PC
English

Sorry, I don't have a screen shot. Robin said something like she loves different types of wood, "each has it's own characteristic."

It should be 'its' without the apostrophe. With the apostrophe is a contraction for "it is" so this sentence means "each has it is own characteristic."

susb8383

Planter
PC
English

For Sam's 2-heart event, he says that he and Sebastian are having a 'jam session.

There's not supposed to be an apostrophe in jam session. An apostrophe takes the place of something, so if jam session were short for blahjam session, an apostrophe would be correct. But the term is just jam session.

dubesor

Farmhand
PC
English

For Sam's 2-heart event, he says that he and Sebastian are having a 'jam session.

There's not supposed to be an apostrophe in jam session. An apostrophe takes the place of something, so if jam session were short for blahjam session, an apostrophe would be correct. But the term is just jam session.
He says "Sebastian and I were just having a little 'jam session'." - the apostrophe here means quotation marks. Doesn't look wrong to me.

dubesor

Farmhand
PC/Steam 1.5.4, German
Character naming inconsistency: Mr. Qi is called Mr. Qi everywhere in the German localization, which is totally fine as a mysterious Character would keep the "Mr." title even when localized.
However I noticed some slipups where the translators then used "Herr Qi" instead (literal: translation of Mr. Qi). This is not only confusing to have two names for the same character but also inconsistent. My suggestion: Call him "Mr. Qi" everywhere.

Inconsistent naming scheme found in:
hats.de-DE.json - "82": "Mr. Qi's Hat/Eine Nachbildung von Herrn Qis ikonischem Hut./false/true/Herr Qis Hut",
ObjectInformation.de-DE.json - "889": "Qi Fruit/1/1/Basic -79/Qi Frucht/Herr Qi hat Dich aufgefordert, 500 dieser seltsamen Melonen zu verschiffen.",
UI.de-DE.json - "NameChange_EasterEgg2": "Herr Qi: Leicht {0}, was? Ich bin enttäuscht. Ich dachte, du wolltest dieses Spiel fair und ehrlich gewinnen?",

Cadin

Newcomer
Language: Korean

there is a mistranslate advanced option in korean. In UI file, "Spawn monsters on the farm" is mistranslated "마을에서 몬스터 등장". It may change from "마을" to "농장".

and I saw "Unmilled rice" that translated "가공되지 않은 쌀". "Unmilled rice" is called "벼" in korea, so I think "벼" is more suitable translate.

Status
Not open for further replies.