Please Read Board Game Shipping Delay

Farmerbogus

Newcomer
Ordered on 11/3 but still haven't received mine. Tracking information was sent to me on 1/27 but there has been no movement and the delivery date is still pending. I'm not going to be getting this by Valentine's Day am I? :cry:

I ordered right after Thanksgiving, bank was charged on Nov 29. I haven't had an email or shipping update yet.

Though I did send an email this afternoon to see if they have any updates. Good luck!

Ajr818

Greenhorn
Ordered on 11/3 and received a tracking number back on 1/11 but it still only shows that it's pending with FedEx since 1/11. 😑

fuzzyDuck

Greenhorn
Ordered on 11/3 and received a tracking number back on 1/11 but it still only shows that it's pending with FedEx since 1/11. 😑
Oh man! That's almost a month... ridic. Guess that means mine won't ship til March if it ever does. I wonder what's going on in the background. Is Concerned Ape not aware of what's going on with his IP? For those of us who ordered immediately when the game was available, it's obvious we are big fans of the franchise. Why ship our games last :(

Luluflo

Greenhorn
I reached out on Friday to Cole about the order I placed in November and he said it hadn't shipped yet but he expected it to ship soon. I was also a little disappointed to see that people who order now are getting theirs shipped between now and February 15 but we still haven't received our order placed before Christmas. He did say that tracking notices may not be generated and to keep checking this forum for updates.

Odin

Staff member
Oh man! That's almost a month... ridic. Guess that means mine won't ship til March if it ever does. I wonder what's going on in the background. Is Concerned Ape not aware of what's going on with his IP? For those of us who ordered immediately when the game was available, it's obvious we are big fans of the franchise. Why ship our games last :(
I'm sure ConcernedApe is following along, but he already has a lot of projects to manage. Cole, the designer of the game is the one managing the board game, and from what I've seen in this thread, he cares a great deal about the game and making sure any issue issues are resolved. There's only so much either of them could do when it comes to speeding up the overall process though. I don't see any reason to believe your copy of the game wouldn't ship though, and you can certainly reach out for an update on your order if you haven't already: https://shop.stardewvalley.net/pages/contact-us

I think one thing that's important to keep in mind is that while this thread can feel like a bit of a bummer, where everyone is sharing their issues, there are thousands of people that ordered this game, and the people that have unfortunately seen issues should rightfully seek to resolve them, but for most people, you aren't going to hear from them if everything arrived correctly. I know that's not much consolation to anyone still waiting to receive their game, but based on the volume of messages here, it does seem that issues are the exception. This makes me think that overall, most people did receive the game in the order that they purchased them.

I do hope everyone receives their copy soon.

zimmertr

Greenhorn
I'm sure ConcernedApe is following along, but he already has a lot of projects to manage. Cole, the designer of the game is the one managing the board game, and from what I've seen in this thread, he cares a great deal about the game and making sure any issue issues are resolved. There's only so much either of them could do when it comes to speeding up the overall process though. I don't see any reason to believe your copy of the game wouldn't ship though, and you can certainly reach out for an update on your order if you haven't already: https://shop.stardewvalley.net/pages/contact-us

I think one thing that's important to keep in mind is that while this thread can feel like a bit of a bummer, where everyone is sharing their issues, there are thousands of people that ordered this game, and the people that have unfortunately seen issues should rightfully seek to resolve them, but for most people, you aren't going to hear from them if everything arrived correctly. I know that's not much consolation to anyone still waiting to receive their game, but based on the volume of messages here, it does seem that issues are the exception. This makes me think that overall, most people did receive the game in the order that they purchased them.

I do hope everyone receives their copy soon.
You sound like JojaMart PR.

While I understand that there was a manufacturing error that caused the initial delay, it is completely unacceptable that order fulfillment is not being done FIFO. I ordered this game over a quarter of a year ago and it I'll likely miss its third gift giving holiday now.

If I don't see movement on my tracking number by the end of the day I'm contacting my credit card company to issue a chargeback. And I'd encourage others (especially those that ordered in early November) to do the same.

Absolutely insulting that other people are having their orders satisfied while mine is stuck in limbo. I paid $70 for this on 11/3, $9 of which was for shipping costs.

ORDER #23275

Last edited:
My grandparents ordered the game for me as a Christmas present back in November, and it arrived at their house last night. We’re going to play it this weekend when they come to visit. I know it has been a long wait for most of you, but I’m also positive that it will be worth it. Thank you so much for making sure that everyone is up to date and taken care of!! So excited to open up my late gift!

Mooghoo

Greenhorn
Hello, I know this was asked before, but any news on when the game will be shipped to the Canadian distributors? Some boardgame stores have had preorders open since July, and we are completely left in the dark.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Absolutely insulting that other people are having their orders satisfied while mine is stuck in limbo. I paid $70 for this on 11/3, $9 of which was for shipping costs.

ORDER #23275
Hey there, I completely understand your frustration. I checked on this order and actually it was suppose to ship Jan 11, but based on what I can see, I think what happened is one department at Quartermaster missed it. What this means is, a label was created, the game was packed, and then it got left behind when the batch was taken to ship. This has happened a couple of times. Quartermaster is sometimes shipping 800 copies a day (and that is just Stardew, not including all the other stuff they are fulfilling). I am so sorry that this happened though! I just shot you an email with some details about how we can fix this issue.
- Cole

fuzzyDuck

Greenhorn
You sound like JojaMart PR.

While I understand that there was a manufacturing error that caused the initial delay, it is completely unacceptable that order fulfillment is not being done FIFO. I ordered this game over a quarter of a year ago and it I'll likely miss its third gift giving holiday now.

If I don't see movement on my tracking number by the end of the day I'm contacting my credit card company to issue a chargeback. And I'd encourage others (especially those that ordered in early November) to do the same.

ORDER #23275
A chargeback is a bit harsh. They get a $15 fee. Just email them for a refund.

Stardrop

Greenhorn
I just got my game after waiting almost 3 months (I ordered Nov. 3rd) everything looks great! Although while punching out 3 of the tiles some of the artwork tore off...a bit disappointing to say the least. Nevertheless still very excited to finally play it.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
I just got my game after waiting almost 3 months (I ordered Nov. 3rd) everything looks great! Although while punching out 3 of the tiles some of the artwork tore off...a bit disappointing to say the least. Nevertheless still very excited to finally play it.
I can replaced those torn tiles, just let me know which ones you need by sending an email through the Shopify site.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
New Update

Quartermaster should finish shipping almost all outstanding orders this week (perhaps a handful start of next week, I am waiting to see). But please be aware, a very small number of folks (about 2% of the total orders from this printing) will have to wait until the next shipment is delivered (the 16th) before their copies ship. Also about ~100 games that were packaged to ship early January were missed, meaning they were prepared but never taken from the warehouse. This accounts for some people's delays - Quartermaster is working hard now to remedy this and get them into the mail.

Right now not only is production in many industries impacted by supply shortages and restrictions for workers, but also trucking companies have raised prices and impacted schedules. Every time Delano finishes a batch of games (about 4320 games) we have to coordinate the pickup and transport of those games to the warehouse. Luckily Quartermaster is awesome and they have kept things rolling forward as smoothly as possible despite this, but it still means some deliveries are affected. The number of people affected is a small number overall, but I recognize and sympathize with each of you whose game is delayed (yet again) because of these things. I share your frustration!

To add to this, many people have experienced delays with FedEx, lost packages, stolen packages, damage in transit, weather affecting things, packages getting crushed by snow, rain, etc. We are devoted to doing everything we can to find lost packages, or replace whatever we can. This also includes damaged or missing components. We want every single person to be happy with the game they received. This takes a lot of time to accomplish, so I appreciate your patience. Please rest assured though that if you have an issue, it will be fixed to the best of my ability.

Natethedrake

Greenhorn
Just received my copy today and checked over the list of components. Happy to report everything is in order and I'm currently rummaging through all the pretty tiles. I hope everyone that hasn't been able to receive theirs yet does so soon.