Please Read Board Game Shipping Delay

fuzzyDuck

Greenhorn
I’ve been very patient about this but it really is frustrating seeing people who ordered theirs in January getting it before I do and I ordered November 25th. -____-
I ordered Nov 6th. Finally got a tracking number and it says label was generated last Friday but it hasn't shipped :/ They're really not going in order which is unfair but that is life. Makes sense from a business standpoint to ship the newest orders first since the ones who ordered months ago are already frustrated haha. Hope we get our games soon!

Natethedrake

Greenhorn
I’ve been very patient about this but it really is frustrating seeing people who ordered theirs in January getting it before I do and I ordered November 25th. -____-
This is a pretty common thing ive noticed with quartermaster. They dont seem to pack and ship packages by order date or alphabetically, always seems random. I just ordered mine yesterday so I'm not holding my breath for at least a week or 2. Hope you get your email soon my dude.

DeathKat

Greenhorn
I finally got my text and email with my tracking number, only for it to say it was delivered a week ago. I have not received it yet and FedEx is blaming the Post Office and the Post Office is blaming FedEx. Has anybody else had this trouble?

slythermint

Greenhorn
At what point are we past "January/early February" (per the 'when will my game ship' section of the last delay email)? Figuring out a different holiday gift for my gf was one thing, but now it's been a birthday missed and soon to be our anniversary missed. I'm running out of holidays to make this be a gift for! I ordered mine Nov. 28th, and I just want to know when it will be shipped, so that I can get out of contingency-plan-hell :/

Odin

Staff member
At what point are we past "January/early February" (per the 'when will my game ship' section of the last delay email)? Figuring out a different holiday gift for my gf was one thing, but now it's been a birthday missed and soon to be our anniversary missed. I'm running out of holidays to make this be a gift for! I ordered mine Nov. 28th, and I just want to know when it will be shipped, so that I can get out of contingency-plan-hell :/
You can reach out to Cole via https://shop.stardewvalley.net/pages/contact-us with your order number. You can also try using FedEx Delivery Manager: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/delivery-manager.html. Some people have had success getting delivery information through that site.

BMO72093

Newcomer
I ordered Nov 6th. Finally got a tracking number and it says label was generated last Friday but it hasn't shipped :/ They're really not going in order which is unfair but that is life. Makes sense from a business standpoint to ship the newest orders first since the ones who ordered months ago are already frustrated haha. Hope we get our games soon!
Yeah plus I legitimately live 2 hours away from the Florida Location. Wish I could just go by and pick it up lol

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Please DM me your order number, I'll get you more accurate info. Sorry for the confusion and delay.

I finally got my text and email with my tracking number, only for it to say it was delivered a week ago. I have not received it yet and FedEx is blaming the Post Office and the Post Office is blaming FedEx. Has anybody else had this trouble?
Please make sure to message Quartermaster about this, they can help and in some cases I can get you a replacement if your copy gets totally lost.

Yeah plus I legitimately live 2 hours away from the Florida Location. Wish I could just go by and pick it up lol
I wish this were possible! I asked the same thing for people who lived close to the printer, but due to certain restrictions in place right now, it was not possible.

General Update:
I have heard that weather may impact some shipments soon. I feel like its just one thing after the next, but I promise we'll do everything in our power to get everyone the games they ordered as quickly as possible. I'm putting in nights and weekends at this point 😅

Stardrop

Greenhorn
Have you had any luck? It's been a week since my shipment label was created but my game hasn't shipped :(
Fedex has been delaying the shipments, my game was supposed to arrive 4days ago but due to the weather it's delayed. Your game will probably ship withing the next day or two

DR1337FEET

Farmhand
An update from me as well: though I did get a notification from Quartermaster as well, I did finally get FedEx Delivery manager set up, and I seem to get those notifications before I get the other ones. Additionally, it's pretty convenient to babysit it from the FedEx app. Getting FedEx Delivery Manager set up was a little annoying because it involved waiting for a snail mail confirmation code, but now that I got it put in, it's working nicely. I have gotten a couple notifications of delays, presumably from the winter storm going through the North ATM. I was originally baffled by that, but FedEx's logistics is a nationwide thing, so stuff slowing down in one region of the U.S. invariably throws a wrench in other parts.

Someone else here mentioned having issues with FedEx/FedEx SmartPost, which kind of bums me out because I used to work for SmartPost, so I have a soft spot for them. For those who don't know, FedEx SmartPost is a service FedEx offers for vendors to be a sort of go-between for them and the Postal Service. The vendor (Quartermaster in this case) sends a trailer full of their stuff over to a FedEx hub. It gets unloaded and sorted into trucks with other stuff that is headed in the same general direction as it. Once it gets to the closest hub, it's palletized for a local courier to pick up and deliver to your local Post Office. It is then delivered to your mailbox/door by USPS. You'll notice that SmartPost boxes have some FedEx labelling on them, but they also have a USPS barcode and tracking number. One place where packages can get hung up in this process (beyond weather of course) is waiting for a FedEx trailer to fill up so it gets sent out. I believe they do their best to ensure that all trailers are getting filled at about the same rate so none of them are sitting forever, but some are inherently busier than others. None of them took longer than 24 hours to fill up and go out that I can recall.

While I believe SmartPost is technically within the 5-7 business day range like USPS, my hub always strove to provide more Ground-like service (2-4 days). Not sure how their service is these days. I do know SmartPost never really had a "customer-facing" support, so it's hard for a customer to actually talk to anyone at a SmartPost hub and ask them, "Hey did my package go through there?" They'd always be like, "I dunno. And I also don't know where it is. And I know for sure no one from here is going to be the one delivering it to your house. Your postal worker is."

smoothboarder

Newcomer
In case this info is useful for anyone who has been waiting, I bought the game on November 4th, I got a shipping confirmation email from Stardew Valley Shop on February 1st, and FedEx delivered the game today! I was a bit worried hearing about people buying the game after me yet already receiving it, but mine eventually got here. All pieces were there as well.

katieecooter

Greenhorn
I ordered two games. One for myself and one as a Christmas present. They both shipped the same day and went out for delivery the same day. However I only received one game. I contacted FedEx and said they couldn’t help me. I’ve reached out to your alls email and Quartermaster’s with no response. I’m getting really frustrated and discouraged because I would really like my game. :frown:

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
I ordered two games. One for myself and one as a Christmas present. They both shipped the same day and went out for delivery the same day. However I only received one game. I contacted FedEx and said they couldn’t help me. I’ve reached out to your alls email and Quartermaster’s with no response. I’m getting really frustrated and discouraged because I would really like my game. :frown:
Hey there! If you sent me an email, I will absolutely get to you very soon. It is possible only game was shipped, there was an issue where some packages intended to contain 2 but only had 1. If that is the case I will have an extra copy shipped. Otherwise Quartermaster is pretty good at tracking down lost packages. Either way, I promise we'll get you the 2nd game one way or another as soon as we can.

zimmertr

Greenhorn
Ordered on 11/3 but still haven't received mine. Tracking information was sent to me on 1/27 but there has been no movement and the delivery date is still pending. I'm not going to be getting this by Valentine's Day am I? :cry:

fuzzyDuck

Greenhorn
Ordered on 11/3 but still haven't received mine. Tracking information was sent to me on 11/27 but there has been no movement and the delivery date is still pending. I'm not going to be getting this by Valentine's Day am I? :cry:
Same. Mine "shipped" 1/27 but FedEx hasn't even picked it up from their warehouse. Sounds like they're using smartpost, so it's going to take forever to get here whenever it does ship.

Tobytoucan

Greenhorn
Ordered on 1/01 Got a notification from Fedex that mine is arriving friday from Flordia. Never got a shipping email. Feel bad for those who ordered before me. Hopefully everyone gets their orders soon