Please Read Board Game Shipping Delay

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Hello everyone:

I wanted to post something to keep people informed about the state of shipping for the Stardew Valley board game. Long story short, fulfillment has been delayed.

Here are the details:

I had originally expected games to become available to me (for pickup and transport to Quartermaster for fulfillment) the 2nd week of November. That is why we opened up orders on November 3rd, partly to help inform Quartermaster what to expect so they could prepare in advance. However, due to many factors, the printer needed a little more time to finalize things like assembly of the games and palletizing them and all that. The date slipped a few times, not totally unexpected in the production of board games due to all the complexity, but I waited and tried to prepare everything for the date when the first shipment would be ready to pickup.

Here I'd like to give my sincere thanks to Quartermaster Logistics (Chris specifically) for their excellent hard work in coordinating all these confusing details with me.

I received 2 review copies Tuesday the 23rd. I opened them up and looked through every detail. Overall, they are beautiful - the new tray in fantastic and the adjustments looked great. However, I caught a major issue: 2 of the 4 decks we had made updates to were not updated. The printer somehow used the old artwork. We have spent the last 7 months testing and updating one of those decks specifically (the mine grid cards) and so we consider these updated decks to be critical to the new printing.

We are working with the printer now to fix the issue. I don't have an updated timeline yet, but because they are based in the US and we don't need to worry about shipping overseas for the reprinted cards, I believe we can turn this around fairly quickly. I am deeply sorry to all the folks expecting this for Christmas, as that timeline now is highly unlikely (January is my guess). If you have an issues with this, or need to request to cancel your order for a full refund, please message me through the Shopify website.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

- Cole

Last edited:

JestAGoof

Greenhorn
Better to receive a game that is correct than to get a game on time and not what was envisioned or incorrect. Thank you for catching those errors and setting things right. Even if there is a delay in shipment, I for one will keep my order and look forward to the right game produced.

dogboydog

Farmhand
The mistake was out of your hands -- and you should see some other projects that get delayed 8+ months and without this kind of transparency. No interest in canceling my order either. Thanks for the update, looking forward to trying the game when it's ready.

HeroOfTime04

Cowpoke
It’s alright! I’d much rather play a full game, even if it takes more time. I had to wait about 7 months for the second printing to be available due to “just waiting one day”, what’s one more month? :P

MikeB

Newcomer
I appreciate the update and will continue to wait! Still super excited to play it! Like the other person said, mistake was out of your hands and I'll keep playing and enjoying the video game while I wait!

IanJBanks

Greenhorn
Thank you for the update! While sad to hear about the delay, I agree with other posts. Issue was out of your hands, and better to get the correct version.

I would like to add that it truly made my heart happy to read such positive responses. I shouldn't be surprised, as the community is so great, but in this day and age, it is great to see people being nice on the internet :smile:

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding! I really appreciate it. I was sad to find this error (because it meant the delay) but also glad I caught it, because it means we can get it fixed.

I appreciate the transparency. Will both decks be updated? or just the mine grid cards?

EDIT: typo
So what the printer is talking about now is replacing the cards so that everything in the box will be the updated versions, as we intended. You might have to swap out a couple of cards (you'll get a few duplicates, where 1 version is old and the other updated). Still hammering out details but I am looking at proofs as we speak, and they say turn around time should be fairly quick.

I should also say, I really appreciate how Delano (the printer) has handled this. They are doing everything they can to work with me to fix this quickly.

TiffanyNott

Newcomer
I definitely won't be canceling my order. I was just grateful for more games being produced as I missed out the first time. I'll gladly wait however long it takes. Nice job catching the errors before they shipped out!

Tiffany

Stankytom

Newcomer
Love the dedication to fans! Would maybe like to see a deck of extra cards in my box labeled as "misprints" give everyone who ordered an extra collectable!

Farmerbogus

Newcomer
Thank you for the update. We will keep our order and be excited to receive it when it arrives sometime in the spring.

MalWyLyGabe

Greenhorn
I love that you guys are up front honest about it all. I have dealt with many game companies in my years personally and professionally and you guys rock. The fact that you are getting ahead of the narrative and being transparent about the process is all I have ever asked for in this industry. Too many times big name companies take the money and play the blame game on everything, but themselves then troll their customers. I won't name names, but a part of the name rhymes with blog and is found in swamps. I would do business with companies like you over and over again, just because of this. Not to mention not wanting to send out unfinished, unpolished error filled product. One more thing that I admire you guys for and can wait to get my copy of your game. Take your time. Get it right, cause it is a reflection of you. Right now that reflection is very beautiful and bright. Thank you again for the full honest update of the progress and have a great holiday season.

Nothing wrong with trying to invite Linus to come live with you. Poor guy.

Thanks again,
Farmer Tim

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Thanks for all the support and kind words! Yeah we're doing our best to be extremely transparent.

On that note, I have just reviewed and approved the proof for the new corrected deck that will go into the box. So the printer is ready to rock. More timeline updates coming soon! :)

Leaddore

Newcomer
Is it possible to change the shipping address that this is going to be sent to? I am moving in a few weeks and if this isn't sent out soon I will need to have it shipped to a new address :/