The 1.5 update is now available on iOS and Android! [Updated 1/7]

Odin

Staff member
I'll certainly post in the thread whenever we hear more news about these ports! Given how ConcernedApe has announced updates on console and mobile in the past, there's a good chance it won't be announced until the day the update is available, but we'll just have to see.

Odin

Staff member
ConcernedApe mentioned 1.5 on mobile in a few tweets the other day, so I figured I would share them here. You can see more of his recent tweets at https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/with_replies, I didn't include every tweet from the other day here, just what felt most relevant.

nicodeux

Farmer
... It's really unfortunate how all this happened
CA explained that he was genuinely naive when he first came into the gaming industry to develop Stardew Valley. We have to remember that the gaming industry is now bigger than the music or the movie industries, both being known to not have the word "kindness" in their vocabulary. So, let's imagine the jungle full of velociraptors the gaming industry can be with newcommers like CA was... Thus, if someone is to blame for the delay, it is the group of greedy people that took advantage of CA (probably with some obscure legal thing) and not fortune or CA himself.

These recent tweets confirm what @ggchan said: ConcernedApe is the one that is stressed the most and that he gives himself a huge deal of this stress.
Therefore, I think mobile users like me that are waiting for update 1.5 should show confidence in CA and give him as much relief as we can, instead of loading him with more stress.

JehutyNinja

Cowpoke
Yeah! You got this, CA. We believe in you.
Edit: maybe everyone say one thing they like about SDV? I love the NPC’s character growth. I can start a thread if this is the wrong place for that.
Edit #2: I’ll start a thread.
Edit #3: Here’s the link to the thread. https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/best-things-about-sdv-potential-spoilers.12604/
I love Stardew Valley I think more than any game that's come out here recently. Where most people get stressed about the time constraints, I look at it as an opportunity to get as much done in as short amount of time as possible and whatever I don't get done, there's always tomorrow.

I think most of all, I enjoy the sheer volume of things to do and there's almost always something to improve or work on.

nararabbit

Greenhorn
I feel I should apologize, I posted some (I think) unnecessarily harsh comments on here in the past. I was not going thru a good time and everything in my life seemed to be going wrong at once. I just wanted to play SV and veg out, but because mobile was behind it became just another thing piling on more frustration.

None of that was CA’s fault and I hope he didn’t read anything I wrote, though I did try to not be mean or personal in my criticisms.

I think (and thought back then too) that he is a great artist, and his willingness to take accountability - even more than is probably necessary - makes him admirable. I’ll be around to play 1.5 when it eventually launches, and I am sorry again for my earlier negativity. 😰

ggchan

Tiller
Not to spread any negativity or blame anyone esp not CA.

I guess it's just one of those days wherein I was thinking of going back to my Stardew Valley saves to make sure my farms are ready for 1.5 but all of a sudden I'm hit with a thought of why would I, or is there still any point? Is the 1.5 mobile update even worth it at this point?

And yes, I dare not tweet this or post it in any soc med because people would just call this as BS or smth or worse, just tell me to buy a PC/Switch etc. and play Stardew there. And yes, I'm currently at a point of falling out of love with SDV and I don't really want to feel this way? Like the game used to be the one saving me from depression but now, it kinda is one of the things making me depressed atm.

I just don't know where else I'll breathe out this sentiment without me getting called out as stupid who is not willing to wait for the update. And how much many of the mobile players are being treated as the "not real players or second class players of the game." And I've said before that CA is def the one who is stressed the most about this whole ordeal.

I just really hate that I'm already feeling this way. I am really so sad rn.

Edit: Sorry for the messy and depressing sentences. I guess my current state of mind is to blame.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Stardew Valley is a huge part of my life, for a lot of reasons-- it's connected me more to my childhood roots with Harvest Moon, helped me in college when stress was overwhelming and I was still figuring myself out, gave me my closest friends, and is the reason I got a job-- and it will always be special to me for that. But, at the end of the day, too, it's a video game, and while Stardew Valley is very replayable, you can get burnt out. That's okay. Don't feel like you have to play it, since it'll always be there for you. I hope anyone frustrated with the wait can find other things to focus on that can alleviate the average everyday struggle.

The wait sucks, and I think that's something everyone (including ConcernedApe) can agree on. Everyone deserves to play 1.5 and every version that comes after that too. The time will come, but there's lots of things we can do until then. Life's short, let's not wait through it all

Lew Zealand

Helper
Thanks for the update! But wow, writing this update even after changing the team coding it, seems to be quite the undertaking. This is why I gave up on coding many years ago as I'd get very disheartened with a project taking so long.

🤞 it keeps going well...

Elenna101

Farmer
Thanks for the update! But wow, writing this update even after changing the team coding it, seems to be quite the undertaking. This is why I gave up on coding many years ago as I'd get very disheartened with a project taking so long.

🤞 it keeps going well...
I imagine part of it is that the new team wouldn't have been familiar with the existing code at all. Even very small, "easy" changes are difficult when you have to look through thousands of lines of code to find what needs to be changed, let alone large changes like all the new stuff that was added in 1.5. And depending what the issues with the old team were, I wouldn't be surprised if CA had to scrap a lot of what they did.