Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

Jhanno4

Newcomer
Playing on iPad 6th gen. My fisherman skill didn’t give me option to choose a perk when it leveled up to 5. On day 4 I was able to lvl it twice by the end of the day. The next day it showed I leveled fishing to 6, but no perk was chosen. When I open the skills page, i try to hover over my fishing skill but no perk shows. I tried to see if it gave me fisherman automatically to sell the fish for higher profit, but that skill was not chosen as seen attached. I tried exiting and reloading game, but nothing changes.

Attachments

lisenkadokter

Greenhorn
I have the same problem. Also same issue with leaving hardwood for Robin. I gathered everything new, so that is not the issue. When you try to leave it, the popup opens with the slots to put it in, but nothing happens when you click on the item or try to move it. using iPad Pro.
I’m on mobile, I’m unable to compete any of the new quests given by character on the board outside the mayors house. i can gather all the materials but Im unable to put them into the quest containers, I’m unable to even select them. I’ve had this issue from the day it came out but I don’t have any trouble putting items in other containers.

Vegibowl

Greenhorn
Type of phone: iPad Pro 5th generation latest version of iOS, 12.9”
Details of your issue: I keep getting this message at night. I select “Rancher” and it just gives me the message again the next night. Year one, fall.
Screenshots/video: attached.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? I loaded through the load game menu.
Any other info that might be relevant: Thank you!

Attachments

qbhoels22

Newcomer
Device: oppo a5 2020

Bug :
- Profession change windows always show up everytime i sleep. Im stuck with rancher, can't change to artisan. I cant sell my wine because of this since the last update.

- It's impossible farming at skull cavern / mines without running into this bug.
Screenshot_2023-01-12-10-09-36-56_893d596dcff5c78bbd4f33a4f6c2351c.jpg

fullapple

Greenhorn
Hello!
There are two persistent issues I have been experiencing, both of which are audio-related, so no screenshots possible. I am on an iPhone 11 Pro Max.
  • First: I can no longer play any audio in the background when playing the game, as I used to. When opened Stardew shuts down Spotify, Audible, YouTube, iMusic, Podcasts. (While I love all the Stardew musics, and ambiance, I really love to listen to an audiobook while I’m playing.)
  • Second: there is a very, very brief, but definite audio squeal whenever there is a transition between scenes. The first occurs between the load screen and game play. It’s only a fraction of a second long, but it’s quite loud, regardless of where I have set the volume.
Thank you so much. It’s an amazing update and I’m very happy to play.

Twola

Greenhorn
Device: IPad Air 3rd Generation, latest game patch installed
I can’t finish Gus’ quest as I can’t transfer the item into his fridge.

Twola

Greenhorn
This was happening to me as well, but we realized it was only when I had just dismounted from my horse - is that when it’s happening to you? If so, try to be quite far (I’d say at least 10 tiles away maybe) from your horse before chopping wood, breaking rocks, or digging up artifact spots - I’ve been doing it that way for a whole season in game without freezing once. It’s not the most convenient thing, but while they work in the patch it’s helpful :-)
Thanks for the hint, I’ll take that into account. But mostly it happened when I was away from the horse (e.g. when chopping wood of several trees in a row)

GogglesGirl

Newcomer
Type of Phone: Android Galaxy FS20
Issue: I've encountered a bug where every night it will tell me I've leveled up to Farming 10 and ask me to choose between the two professions. Every night I choose and the next night it's back. It registers on the character traits page even.
I did briefly exit out of the app for a quick Google search the first time the question appeared, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've since saved and exited the game and jumped back in to see if that fixes it but it's still happening. It also doesn't keep other alerts from popping up after it.

jrk1857

Greenhorn
Please stop reposting this. It works for some people on some systems. It does not work for everyone. You are both spamming the board and implying that the problem does not require a patch. There is NOTHING that works for some of us. I'm glad you found a workaround for yourself.

meerkat

Newcomer
Phone: Galaxy S22
Issues:
1. Most pickles, jellies, juices, and wines do not say what type they are. Just says "Jelly", "Juice", etc.
2. Sensitivity decreased. Have to tap preserve jar or keg 2-3 times in order to select.
3. Size of toolbar resets every session. Setting still says "53" but I have to toggle up or down to get it to stick.
4. Edges of screen that were previously accessible are no longer accessible. Some crab pots I had set are no longer accessible.
5. "Jelly" turned into "Pickle". I put generic "Jelly" into inventory, when I put it back into the chest it turned into generic "Pickle" (related to issue #1?)

Attachments

sa1105

Greenhorn
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I was in skull cavern and got stuck between a couple rocks and those unkillable bugs. My auto attack kept trying to attack the bug and I couldn't move out of the rock and the bugs path. I tried turning off auto attack too but it wouldn't stop attacking. I ended up having to force the game to close

Hamslampam

Greenhorn
For those who the game is currently broken for on iPad when trying to craft, and they don’t have a workbench, if you can find a game controller and Bluetooth connect it to your iPad (ps4, ps5, Xbox) you can craft items using the controller. By no means a fix but may help some people who were looking forward to progressing this weekend and have the option!

forestlake

Newcomer
I can’t use my sword.
I’m playing on an iPadOS 15.7.1
Stardew is version 1.5.6 build 36

Normal day. I loaded the game, went to the mine and clicked on my sword. The buttons to slash and block didn’t show up.
2BC3F061-3BAF-45CA-B87E-77287E87E4EF.png

It had been working until the 1.5.6 build 36 update.

I can see the button to move my character in the lower left corner, partially cut off by the bottom of the screen, but the right side buttons for the sword are missing. Scrolling and messing with my settings wouldn’t change this.

reveurillusoir

Greenhorn
Device: iPad Pro 2nd gen, ios 15.7.2 , using a bluetooth controller.

Issue: Game freezes at random, requiring restarting the app and losing any unsaved progress. Tools can still be selected and certain animations like water ripples continue but time stops and no inputs are accepted. Happens most frequently while mining but also happens while doing anything else, always upon using a tool or picking up an item.
edit: This happens only while using a controller, both my dualshock 4 and 8bitdo sn30pro. Doesn't happen at all if I disconnect whatever controller I'm using

DragonBearMomma

Greenhorn
I can confirm the inability to craft bug on iPad Pro 12.9 Gen 3 OS 15.6.1 - however for those also suffering, I just found out that the workbench crafting interface does have the craft button.
unf, I started over completely when 1.5 came out, so I don't have access to the workbench yet :hmm:

forestlake

Newcomer
I can’t use my sword.
I’m playing on an iPadOS 15.7.1
Stardew is version 1.5.6 build 36

Normal day. I loaded the game, went to the mine and clicked on my sword. The buttons to slash and block didn’t show up.
View attachment 13911
It had been working until the 1.5.6 build 36 update.

I can see the button to move my character in the lower left corner, partially cut off by the bottom of the screen, but the right side buttons for the sword are missing. Scrolling and messing with my settings wouldn’t change this.
I reloaded the game a second time and now it works normally. So that’s cool