Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

lisenkadokter

Greenhorn
For people who are still having the issue placing things in the boxes for the large quests (Robin’s wood, Gus’s eggs etc) I was able to get it to work if I place the item in the top and right most slot from my inventory. From there I can click on the item and it will go into their inventory, but only from that slot. Hopefully this can help some people while we are waiting for a fix!
YES !! This is a solution! Thank you very much for letting me/us know.

Twola

Greenhorn
Type of mobile device: IPad Air 3. Generation
Version of game: 1.5.6.35
Issue: When under attack by any kind of monster (with auto - attack enabled and a weapon selected) occasionally the auto-attack function doesn’t engage leading to the character being killed as disengagement isn’t possible. I tried a variety of weapons (swords & hammers) and the choice of weapon has no impact on this.
ln addition the auto-attack is sometimes slow (monster attacks without any or delayed reaction) to engage causing health loss.

Lynndr

Greenhorn
Hello, I’ve found a bug!

Device: iPad 7th generation
Details of issue: When I tap on the barrel in Willy’s special order for bug meat, tapping or dragging the bug meat does nothing, I can’t move it at all.

View attachment 13420View attachment 13421
I have the same problem. Also same issue with leaving hardwood for Robin. I gathered everything new, so that is not the issue. When you try to leave it, the popup opens with the slots to put it in, but nothing happens when you click on the item or try to move it. using iPad Pro.

Twola

Greenhorn
The fishing mini game zooms in and out depending on how zoomed in or out your character is. Dunno if this has been posted yet but it’d been bugging me. Love your teams work 👏 https://imgur.com/a/5pu8AFO
I made the same observation (IPad Air) but I thought this was changed on purpose because otherwise the fishing game would be very small with the update. Before it has been much bigger.

Twola

Greenhorn
Thanks ConcernedApe and the mobile porting team, I'm enjoying update 1.5 as much on my phone as I do on my computer and I noticed several improvements you brought to the game for mobile! I'm very grateful!

In order to furthermore improve the port, I still have a few issues to report.

Phone model: iPhone 6S with iOS 15.7.2
Game build: 1.5.6.35

First issue:
any interaction (loading, unloading, opening...) with machines located at the bottom row or left column inside a building is very difficult in some cases. I have to repeatedly tap on the machine or hold and move towards the machine for several times or seconds before the interaction is performed. If I zoom in the screen to the maximum, the interaction is far more easier/quicker than when done on a screen that is zoomed out. I notice that the interaction is even more difficult when an animal is located on one of the closest tiles (even when zoomed in to the max). This issue also happens when interacting with plants (trees in greenhouse or garden pots) or petting animals that are on the bottom row of the building. I suspect that the hitboxes of the machines/animals/plants overlap with themselves or with the bottom of the building map and this may be linked with some scaling effect of the GUI because zooming to the max can almost negate the issue. This happens on games that are NOT loaded from an emergency save and the issue can often be replicated on my side though it does not happens 100% of the time. I can perform tests on request if that can help.

Second issue: though you can still pinch the screen to zoom in and out, you can no longer drag it to one side or another while zoomed out: the screen remains centered. This was used by many (like me for instance) to explore the map without moving. It was very useful when doing a Skull Caverns deep dive. I don't known if this is intended or not.

Third issue: the animated green bar when casting the line while fishing is slightly misaligned with the graduated background (towards the top). Sorry, I did not manage to screen this.

Fourth issue: the closing button of the fishing mini game is very distant from the rest of the minigame interface (see screenshot below).

View attachment 13754

Fifth issue: journal scraps when read are displayed in the secret notes tab as secret notes #1001, #1002 and counting instead of journal scraps #1, #2...

View attachment 13755
I encountered issues 1&2 as well (IPad Air 3. Generation)

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Galaxy Note 10
Android version 12

Jojo movie theater bundle gone and unable to enter. Lost the items that were placed there.
More details on this issue would be helpful. Had you already started completing the bundle before updating to 1.5? Are you able to enter JojaMart?

Tororoi

Newcomer
On Android, Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Some professions are not upgrading and keep asking me to select a profession sometimes, not every night. I'm unable to get any professions to the level 10 perks even though they are level 10. When I tried resetting my foraging skill via the statue, the level 5 perk was lost as well. Tap hovering over the skills in the menu shows skills that are active and the ones like my foraging perks do not show when tap hovering. Seems like it was working for my earliest perks so I suspect the bug was not present until a recent patch.

Twola

Greenhorn
Type of phone: iPad 6th v15.5
Details of your issue: size of fishing mini-game will change according to the zoom in/out scale. not sure if it's a new feature or a bug. before 1.5 it's the same size and typically big and easy to read but now if zoom out to the limited scale, the mini-game area is super small and really difficult to read and interact with... so strange and annoying if it's a new feature......

also if zoom in to the limited scale(the fishing game is in the biggest scale), the sfx of controlling the rod will keep playing even though the mini-game is over and no matter if the character is fishing or doing whatever else. Furthermore, even if it moves forward to the next day, the sound keeps playing unless I quit the app and restart. but it seems normal for me if i don't zoom in the screen to the limited scale...

Screenshots/video:
(before upgrade)
View attachment 13723
(after upgrade)
View attachment 13724
I noticed this, too, and the tiny fishing game bar is quite annoying.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Phone: OnePlus 6T on Android 11
Game Version: v1.5.6 build 35
Type of Bug: Unfailing crash to homescreen at end of day (both with "continue" and replaying whole day by loading from main menu)
Information regarding game state:
Ingame day is 1st of Fall 2nd year, the day after the jellyfish event. Possible cause for crash might be 3rd house upgrade (cellar), that's underway? Not sure what else might be the cause as there isn't anything special about that day. Now that I think about it, maybe it's the "Want children?" scene that could potentially trigger, as I haven't seen that one yet and it's supposed to trigger at night? Whatever the case, the game crashes without fail when trying to sleep or passing out at 2am.
This may have been from using a mini-shipping bin. If so, it should be fixed if you've gotten the most recent patch (which should be out for all Android users at this point, I believe).

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
I also experienced a crash at bedtime after using the new mini shipping bin for the first time. (Current iOS version, iPad Pro whatever number the big one is)
This should be fixed in the next patch, which is still in the approval process for iOS. Hopefully later today you should get the update

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
On Android, Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Some professions are not upgrading and keep asking me to select a profession sometimes, not every night. I'm unable to get any professions to the level 10 perks even though they are level 10. When I tried resetting my foraging skill via the statue, the level 5 perk was lost as well. Tap hovering over the skills in the menu shows skills that are active and the ones like my foraging perks do not show when tap hovering. Seems like it was working for my earliest perks so I suspect the bug was not present until a recent patch.
Thanks for the report, this should be fixed in an upcoming patch, maybe tomorrow or the next day.

Starset

Greenhorn
I’m on mobile, I’m unable to compete any of the new quests given by character on the board outside the mayors house. i can gather all the materials but Im unable to put them into the quest containers, I’m unable to even select them. I’ve had this issue from the day it came out but I don’t have any trouble putting items in other containers.

Attachments

FrankS

Greenhorn
EDIT: just saw on the front page that the newest patch addresses this. Once it’s live on the App Store, I’ll update the post accordingly. Thank you to the team!

EDIT: update has fixed the issue! Thank you!!

First off, thank you CA and the team for your amazing work on not just 1.5 but all the bug fixing! Please know your work is beyond appreciated!
Type of phone: iPhone 14 Pro
Details of your issue: UI/scaling issues where everything is super zoomed out. It happens in pretty much every screen, with only mild issues during gameplay (small controller button and small energy bar). It also happens on startup with the CA logo, New/Load buttons, and actual save file are really small. Not sure if the screenshots properly show it but hopefully they do.
DDD11A91-ABF0-43EC-90AD-A08A19FABBEF.png
25E10319-8F22-4C65-A054-BCB6FE3A2D40.png
AF8E88A4-B18D-48C8-A744-8A1CF65787A3.png
59588234-4FA8-4C14-90DB-EF31B0094B66.png
929096A5-F8EF-4E64-9D67-632809564B59.png
DF53B383-A6CE-4396-A866-16E1F369022F.png
9112220E-8D09-4294-B589-2BB7FCBA39DA.png

Last edited: