Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

drpepper

Newcomer
Phone: huawei p20 pro
Game Version: v1.5.6 build 35
Type of Bug: Unfailing crash to homescreen at end of day (both with "continue" and replaying whole day by loading from main menu)

sleepymommyowl

Farmhand
Hi again! Device is Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE. Got the latest patch.

Started a new save. Reached level 5 mining and got the miner/gemologist selection screen. Chose latter. Keep on getting the same screen at the end of each following day.

Also: There are parts in the lower left area of screen that are hard to hit, whether it be for interacting with people (e.g., Marnie and Lewis at the Saloon) or opening/closing a chest placed along the "bottom" wall of the house. Need to really zoom out so that the hit box (?) moves to somewhere in the middle.

Lastly, the slimes are still unusually fast and jumpy.

Thank you for all the hard work, CA! Much appreciated.

Kabooki108

Newcomer
Started a new save. Reached level 5 mining and got the miner/gemologist selection screen. Chose latter. Keep on getting the same screen at the end of each following day.
I am also having the Mining profession bug. To add more information, I already was at level 8 or 9 before the update. I used the statue in the sewer to change my level 5 profession. Now it is prompting me to reselect every night.

My device is a Samsung Note 10. I included a screenshot even though it doesn't show much. I could also send a save if desired.

Anyways, thank you so much for everything. I love this game!

Attachments

Rainbow Shard

Greenhorn
Phone:
•Lenovo Moto G 5G XT2113-3 (6GB RAM)
•android 11
•resolution: 2400x1080
•Snapdragon 750g

•the scenes are zoomed out and the dialog boxes are too big
Screenshot_20230113-110620.png
Screenshot_20230113-110647.png
Screenshot_20230113-105458.png

Painted

Greenhorn
I am also having the Mining profession bug. To add more information, I already was at level 8 or 9 before the update. I used the statue in the sewer to change my level 5 profession. Now it is prompting me to reselect every night.

My device is a Samsung Note 10. I included a screenshot even though it doesn't show much. I could also send a save if desired.

Anyways, thank you so much for everything. I love this game!
I have this bug with my Combat profession. I've been getting the level 5 prompt for the past 3-4 in-game days, despite not going into combat for most of those days.

Editing to add: My combat leveled up to 6, and I still got the level 5 prompt the next day. I will also note that it looks like I am getting the +HP each time, as my HP bar is very large right now.

Last edited:

Bazelgeuse

Greenhorn
Phone: Oppo A17k

Hi again, I want to report another bug. My friend can't get in his save file. When he click on his savefile, the app will crash.

Amathos

Newcomer
few bugs I encountered:
1- in profession picking menue, I accidentally clicked in the space between the 2 professions. The game skipped the menu and my level up was lost (I didn’t get either of the professions).
2- when fishing sometimes the sound effect when playing the fishing mini game would persist after finishing it and wouldn’t stop until I quit and close the game.

Gamegirl1001

Greenhorn
When attempting the special requests for Gus and Robin after collecting all the materials (two dozen eggs and eighty hard wood) it wouldn’t allow me to move them into their designated spots (the fridge and wood pile). The menus open up and the required items are highlighted but it won’t allow me to transfer them.

I’m playing on an iPad.

Attachments

Boopa

Newcomer
Playing on an Android phone.

Started the day naturally, in bed. 3d day of Fall, first year. Went to community center while holding a blackberry, clicked on Community Board bundle...post ...thingie. Put 10 eggs into remix Baker's bundle. Excited screen, game froze. Only my eyes could move.

Rainbow Shard

Greenhorn
Phone:
•Lenovo Moto G 5G XT2113-3 (6GB RAM)
•android 11
•resolution: 2400x1080
•Snapdragon 750g

When I enter a saved game the interface settings reset visually, but they go back to normal when I enter the settings tab. And when I create a new game they reset the settings too.

bebeca0000

Greenhorn
Motorola g8 play
Tem vezes q o jogo reinicia sozinho, ou seja, enquanto eu estou jogando ele desliga sozinho e quando eu entro dnv tenho q recomeçar o dia td dnv

MaroonManatee

Newcomer
Type of phone: Oppo A5s
Details of your issue:
1. Screen randomly turns black except for a small area in the upper left corner. Usually happens after an event like obtaining a stardrop or moving to a new area during days when a backup save was done (issue happens regardless if day is a loaded game from the menu or an emergency load).
2. Attacks and tool use gets aimed downwards regardless of direction/orientation player is facing (unfortunately don’t have a screenshot or video of this).
Screenshots/video:
910CB6D9-C0DD-4775-BCDD-884D405B00D1.jpeg

nicodeux

Farmer
Thanks ConcernedApe and the mobile porting team, I'm enjoying update 1.5 as much on my phone as I do on my computer and I noticed several improvements you brought to the game for mobile! I'm very grateful!

In order to furthermore improve the port, I still have a few issues to report.

Phone model: iPhone 6S with iOS 15.7.2
Game build: 1.5.6.35

First issue:
any interaction (loading, unloading, opening...) with machines located at the bottom row or left column inside a building is very difficult in some cases. I have to repeatedly tap on the machine or hold and move towards the machine for several times or seconds before the interaction is performed. If I zoom in the screen to the maximum, the interaction is far more easier/quicker than when done on a screen that is zoomed out. I notice that the interaction is even more difficult when an animal is located on one of the closest tiles (even when zoomed in to the max). This issue also happens when interacting with plants (trees in greenhouse or garden pots) or petting animals that are on the bottom row of the building. I suspect that the hitboxes of the machines/animals/plants overlap with themselves or with the bottom of the building map and this may be linked with some scaling effect of the GUI because zooming to the max can almost negate the issue. This happens on games that are NOT loaded from an emergency save and the issue can often be replicated on my side though it does not happens 100% of the time. I can perform tests on request if that can help.

Second issue: though you can still pinch the screen to zoom in and out, you can no longer drag it to one side or another while zoomed out: the screen remains centered. This was used by many (like me for instance) to explore the map without moving. It was very useful when doing a Skull Caverns deep dive. I don't known if this is intended or not.

Third issue: the animated green bar when casting the line while fishing is slightly misaligned with the graduated background (towards the top). Sorry, I did not manage to screen this.

Fourth issue: the closing button of the fishing mini game is very distant from the rest of the minigame interface (see screenshot below).

fish_minigame.jpg

Fifth issue: journal scraps when read are displayed in the secret notes tab as secret notes #1001, #1002 and counting instead of journal scraps #1, #2...

journals.jpg

voidzzer

Greenhorn
Type of phone: Samsung A23
Details of your issue:Game crashes when going into basement.
Screenshots/video:Video(originally posted to reddit)
Any other info that might be relevant: no matter what i do whether it be load the game or start from where i left off, it seems to crash. I've had this issue for a few days, but have ignored it seeing as the game works fine despite not being able to go into the basement.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, another update is incoming and should roll out to you soon if you don't have it yet. Please keep this in mind for future reports.

1/12 10:17 PM PST: 1.5.6.36
-Fixes a crash at the end of the night if you used a mini shipping bin while having a special order quest active
-Fixes a dupe glitch and an item loss glitch
-Added some missing Chinese translations
-Stopped the extended fish family and the pina colada from showing up in the collections tab
-Fixed a crash in the Android storage migration code
-Fix for gamepads closing out dialog menus instead of finising text
-Fixes a crash that can happen if you're using a gamepad in an inventory menu
-UI/scaling improvements on some iOS devices

DavidWColumbus

Greenhorn
Type of device: iPad (4), iPadOS Version 16.2, most recent version of the game.
Details of your issue: The app on my iPad kicks me out when I confirm going to sleep at the end of the day.
Screenshots/video: There's no error message or anything. It just throws me out of the app after I click "Yes" when it asks me if I want to go to sleep.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? I have done both and encountered this same issue. At first, it was an "emergency load." Then I tried to load it from the menu and start the day all over again. The bug occurred both times.
Any other info that might be relevant: The only unusual (for me) thing that I had done when the issue first arose was to build a water obelisk. When I've restarted the day to see if that made a difference, it did not. The issue was still occurring.