Unofficial mod updates

Drakamos

Farmhand
Skill Prestige Mod (plus addons)

My first attempt at doing an unofficial update of anything. These are the Skill Prestige Mod and its three addons for Cooking, Luck, and Magic skills by Spacechase. Currently, you have to get Luck and Magic off Spacechase's Discord I believe.

If you set the UI scale crazy high, it might render offscreen? I haven't really "updated" it so much as grabbed the latest pull request version, moved up the dependencies and recompiled it. Works for me though, and I figured there might be someone else out there who's tearing their hair out. Unfortunately, I don't have a very recent save to test on, so it might be the case that it loses previous prestige points from 1.4 versions.
Any chance these will get another update? Recently been running into an error in that I can't prestige magic. Additionally, the prestige for magic and cooking are swapped (the buttons still work, and the right things are greyed out according to earned levels, but the icon that's in line with the magic skill in my player menu, when clicked opens the cooking prestige) and, though I think it's a different mod causing it, I have two bars for cooking skills.

The smapi error was also screenshotted, but the log is here too: https://smapi.io/log/c4cc63ce3c0d4fe2b1778efa7e8e089f

Oddly enough, the luck prestige works just fine, I can buy perks and everything however, I haven't gotten to lvl 10 in cooking to test the prestige yet.

All playtesting in 1.5+

Attachments

Fireside

Greenhorn
Typing this as I'm testing but I found something interesting about the ChildToNPC mod. Since I am doing a pretty heavily modded play through I just removed all mods except it and CP (Even the ones that normally are included with SMAPI) and I can no longer reproduce the crash. The game isn't even hanging when leaving the farm let alone crashing, if it weren't for SMAPI you wouldn't even know the mod was there.

Returning to the original setup (CP + mods included with SMAPI + CTNP) I actually still can not reproduce the crash, or even get the game to hang when going out of the farm while its raining. I'm using the same save (restored from a local back up, it was never loaded with the long list of mods my main save has), the same copy of CTNPC (Not redownloaded, I stored it locally in a separate folder AFTER decompressing it), heck I'm even using the same copy of all the base mods that were stored in the same place as the save. Nothing has been redownloaded and I'm still on the same PC. I even checked for any Windows updates just in case and none have been installed recently. Given the way I stored the files it seems unlikely I had any bad/corrupted downloads since the corrupted data would still be present.

There was no log present from previous crashes. I'm at a loss. I'm gonna try a few more things to reproduce the issue but I am running out of ideas to reproduce it.

PedroProps23

Greenhorn
Hello, recently i tried to start a stardew valley playthrough with the harp of yoba redux mod, i downloaded it off this forum alongside sounds of yoba (A mod required for Harp of yoba to work) and CustomMusic, but now when i try playing the harp no music plays and its just silence which i find kind of annoying, if there is any solution for this please let me know, as it was working fine some months ago and now its just not working.

PedroProps23

Greenhorn
@PedroProps23 Make sure you're using the version of Custom Music found here: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/2096/page-78#post-53000. If you have that installed and it's not working, please provide an error log. You can generate one at https://smapi.io/log, there are instructions on that page.
@PedroProps23 Make sure you're using the version of Custom Music found here: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/2096/page-78#post-53000. If you have that installed and it's not working, please provide an error log. You can generate one at https://smapi.io/log, there are instructions on that page.
This is the log https://smapi.io/log/aa5d6e78cca042d7bbdb93f795a00421 and i had already installed Custom Music from here yet i dont hear anything when using the harp

candidus

Farmhand
Typing this as I'm testing but I found something interesting about the ChildToNPC mod. Since I am doing a pretty heavily modded play through I just removed all mods except it and CP (Even the ones that normally are included with SMAPI) and I can no longer reproduce the crash. The game isn't even hanging when leaving the farm let alone crashing, if it weren't for SMAPI you wouldn't even know the mod was there.

Returning to the original setup (CP + mods included with SMAPI + CTNP) I actually still can not reproduce the crash, or even get the game to hang when going out of the farm while its raining. I'm using the same save (restored from a local back up, it was never loaded with the long list of mods my main save has), the same copy of CTNPC (Not redownloaded, I stored it locally in a separate folder AFTER decompressing it), heck I'm even using the same copy of all the base mods that were stored in the same place as the save. Nothing has been redownloaded and I'm still on the same PC. I even checked for any Windows updates just in case and none have been installed recently. Given the way I stored the files it seems unlikely I had any bad/corrupted downloads since the corrupted data would still be present.

There was no log present from previous crashes. I'm at a loss. I'm gonna try a few more things to reproduce the issue but I am running out of ideas to reproduce it.
That's a pity but don't worry. One idea that comes into my mind: Did you maybe update Content Patcher? I have much less errors since updating it to 1.24.7 . Another situation that causes crashes is when children don't have a schedule and the DoChildrenWander option is enabled. I'm working on an update for that.

Fireside

Greenhorn
That's a pity but don't worry. One idea that comes into my mind: Did you maybe update Content Patcher? I have much less errors since updating it to 1.24.7 . Another situation that causes crashes is when children don't have a schedule and the DoChildrenWander option is enabled. I'm working on an update for that.
So in the save I was testing it in I didn't have any children yet, though still had that initial crash. I looked and I am using 1.24.7 Content Patcher. I was pretty sure I was using the same version when it crashed but my memory ain't so hot. I haven't updated to version 1.24.8 yet.

TopazGyrl

Greenhorn
Hiya! I've converted a couple of Custom Furniture content packs so that they can be used with Dynamic Game Assets and really wanna share them so others can use these beautiful pieces. The first one is Warm Cozy Fireplaces by Mioudew and the second is Pet Displays by HopeWasHere. I've messaged both of them and will remove this post if asked to but, for now, it looks as if they're both inactive on Nexus. May post more as I work my way through the list of content packs I'll be converting for my own use, as I did with these. Hope you all enjoy! :duck:

Attachments

candidus

Farmhand
Here is another unofficial update for ChildToNPC.

Changes since 1.2.1-unofficial.6-candidus42:
  • Fixed a crash that happened when DoChildrenWander was enabled but children didn't have a schedule
  • Changed required version of ContentPatcher to 1.24.7 to fix load errors, rebuilt the code for SDV 1.5.5
Enjoy!

Source code on GitHub.

Attachments

Lucas D. Farmer

Greenhorn
I'm getting an error for -
PyTK 1.22.9-unofficial.1-strobePlatonymous1 error
No matter what i do this PyTK mod is now failing on startup. It's also taking ages for my save to load and sometimes the game crashes rather than showing a save to select. As I understand it, this PyTK unofficial mod is only to be used for Stardrew 1.5.5 Beta. As I am on 1.5.6, does this mean this latest PyTK is no longer compatible with the most recent Stardew edition? I cannot see a newer version anywhere. Guidance will be much appreciated.
Platform (Windows - Steam)
Game version (1.5.6)
SMAPI Error Log File

Smurfette

Newcomer
Here's Reset Terrain Features 1.0.2 fixed for Stardew v1.5, uploaded with Mabel's permission. It's closed source, so this is based on decompiling the DLL, tweaking a few incompatible uses of enumerators, and recompiling it.
is there a tutorial on how to use this? I tried it and it erased my crops and pathways and everything then I tried to reverse what i did and it just cleared everything up? luckily I just exited my game so nothing saved but how would I go about using this to fix Ridgeside village?

Meekshake

Newcomer
I downloaded the unofficial update for the Child to NPC mod and now I have two versions of my daughter: One who has dialogue and doesn't move, and one who doesn't talk but moves. Does anybody have a fix to this?

GermanPlasma

Farmhand
I wish I could fix this mod, but sadly I don't know what the issue is. I'm talking about the Custom Crop Decay mod by ZaneYork. I believe the 1.5 update broke it, the code is here on Github. The mod's page is here.
It is the only mod, that I am aware of, that allows for crops to spoil and expire. I really really love this addition to gameplay, really adds a very interesting challenge to Stardew.

SMAPI shows the mod as working, but it definitely is dead. It seems to load, at the very least there are no errors, but it affects nothing at all. I clearly remember it working when I played about 1.5 years ago.

Ok Edit; Apparently it does work? Initially, I applied the mod on a persistent save. It did not work, but SMAPI showed nothing out of the ordinary. After restarting, I created a new save file. This time it DID work. I tested it quite a bit, skipping through days and months, seeing if something is up. Turns out, everything does work like it is supposed to, at least from my short testing. Items indeed decay, I set the value to 3 days, and no matter how I added and removed items, the decay was persistent and there were no issues. Well I noticed one thing to keep in mind, if you have a crop with decay in the inventory and you aquire a new one, that crop will inherit the decay value of the current crop in the inventory. What I did then was load my other save, where the mod initially did not work, and tried it there again, now it also seems to work here too.

I guess this problem is solved then? I do have the unofficial PYTK mod too. I shall write my experience on the Nexus website.

Last edited: