Stardew Valley 1.5.5 (technical update) BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasonBees

Greenhorn
I'm encountering a strange graphical glitch in the (unfinished) community center.
Sometimes, when I enter, this one tile near the junimo hut does not display properly.
graphical glitch 1.png

The weird thing is, when I exit and re-enter the community center, it displays normally.
graphical glitch 2.png

But if I exit and re-enter again, it's gone again. I exited and re-entered several times in a row and it seems like it's glitching out every other time I enter.

I occasionally make texture mods, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Stardew to make sure that I hadn't somehow messed up the image for the tile, but it didn't change anything. I'm not running SMAPI and have no mods installed, and even if I did, the fact that the other tile with the pebbles displays normally and that it's only happening every other time I enter makes me think it's not an issue with the texture sheet itself.

If it helps, I first noticed the glitched tile when I viewed the cutscene where Lewis goes into the community center with you for the first time.

Raithion

Newcomer
I've been having fps stuttering issues with the beta. Never had this issue before changing to 64-bit. Even on the main menu I'm hit with a lag spike every 5 seconds.

I've included my device specifications in case it can help solve this. Also not pictured is the graphics card I'm using: an NVIDIA GTX 1070.

image.png

Elenna101

Farmer
- Settings such as keybindings will now default to their last loaded values when starting a new game. (Certain settings, like zoom level, gamepad mode, and multiplayer server privacy are not copied over)
I'm curious, why is zoom level not included? Is it a matter of not thinking people would want that to be carried over, or is it harder to do than other settings for some reason? I suspect there's a fair number of people who always play zoomed out or zoomed in, and would like to not reset that every time. (I know speedruns are often fully zoomed out, and that's a case where people are creating a lot of save files in quick succession.) But if it's hard to have that carry over from the last save file for whatever reason, that's fine, this update is already going to be great without it. :smile:

mumpy_gamey

Greenhorn
hey CA it would be so cool if add the tractor mod from nexus into the real game and the stardew valley expanded and sythe harvesting mod for console players pls we also want to expireince mods please do 1 or 2 of these

tbowne85

Tiller
Hello everyone!

I have an important announcement regarding an upcoming change to Stardew Valley. Some time in the near future, Stardew Valley will receive an update (1.5.5), in which some underlying technical aspects of the game will be changed. In addition, there are various modder requests and a couple of bug fixes included in the update (most notably a fix for the
hard-mode mines
being stuck and unable to change back. This change was necessary in order to bring Stardew Valley to Game Pass, but it also future-proofs the game a little more, and will allow modders more freedom than they've had in the past.

If you're willing, it would be a big help if you could help us try out the new version. We want to make sure there aren't any bugs, and that it's going to be compatible with most computers.

As a precautionary measure, please make sure to back up your saves before doing this. Your saves can be found in %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves.
Also, please be aware that 32-bit operating systems will not be able to run the new version. However, we plan on providing a "compatibility" branch to players which will continue to use 32-bit XNA and will be compatible with old operating systems.

To try it out:
-right click on Stardew Valley in your steam library
-select "properties"
-select the "betas" tab
-click on the drop down menu and select "monogame64bit"

You should then receive an update with the new version.

If you're willing and able, it would be a big help if you could test this out and let me know if anything seems off.
Thanks!

Update at 3:30PM PST 9/7/2021:
- Holding Control in addition to Shift now allows you purchase stacks of 25 items at a time. This also can be used to craft 25 stacks of an item at once.
- Fix for audio going silent when playing any train related sound effects. (Introduced in 1.5.5)

Update at 4:45PM PST 9/14/2021:
- Settings such as keybindings will now default to their last loaded values when starting a new game. (Certain settings, like zoom level, gamepad mode, and multiplayer server privacy are not copied over)
- The Radioactive Bar is now affected by the Blacksmith profession.
- After completing the Cryptic Note quest, subsequently reaching floor 100 of the Skull Caves will guarantee a chest.
- You can now build/move farm buildings on top of tiles that have artifact spots on them. (The artifact spot will be destroyed)
- Pets that are blocking a tile while building/moving a building can be nudged away by clicking on them.
- The in-game time is now shown on the upper right hand corner of the screen when playing Journey of the Prairie King in multiplayer.
- Fixed the radius of explosions not being centered when dislodging flooring and certain other types of items.
- Fixed Garden Pots clearing out their fertilizers when a crop is harvested.
- Fixed an issue where placing a Garden Pot on Ginger Island on a rainy day could cause it to be placed without watered dirt.
- Fixed multiplayer hosts registering their lobbies before fully loading a save, causing the games not to appear in the multiplayer games list.
- Fixed a bug where moving a cabin with a cellar would cause the stairs to the cellar to warp the players out of bounds for the rest of the play session.
- Fixed Shane's 6-heart event soft-locking in the Hungarian translation.
- Fixed erroneous "\" characters in various events in the Hungarian localization.
- Fixed various typos in the French localization.

Update at 5:00PM PST 9/21/2021:
- Added the ability to "buy back" items accidentally sold in the same shopping session.
- Fixed a case where entering the Farm from the south on horseback and triggering an event could cause the player to get stuck in a wall.
- Fixed a typo in Livin' Off The Land that incorrectly states that Super Cucumber can be caught in Winter.
- Fixed various invisible tiles preventing certain spots in the Mountain lake from spawning fish activity bubbles.
- various changes for modders

Update at 3:00PM PST 10/1/2021:
- Added commas to the price display on Robin and the Wizard's building menus.
- Adjusted collisions on the desert map to avoid a sorting issue on the top edged of raised cliffside on the left.
- Fixed the tile holding the plant on the table on Elliot's table not being passable.
- Fixed an issue where Sebastian's sprite would shift into an invalid position at 1:00 PM when he is working on his bike on the farm.
- Fixed some tiles on the left side of the Beach farm being unbuildable.
I really hope combat in the minds gets addressed. I started playing originally on switch and now have switched over to the PC. When I'm in the mines it feels like my weapons swinging in random directions no matter which way I'm facing or where I click my mouse. It's very frustrating and I wish the weapons would work like your regular tools. Maybe it's just me or I'm doing something wrong but I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem.

Also I wish you would add in some more options for colorblind people. Telling the difference between silver and gold star crops can be quite difficult.

Zamiel

Sodbuster
Hello and thanks for the QoL patch.
Request: can you please add Ctrl+Shift+Alt to buy 100 items at a time? I imagine that this would be super painless to add now that you have the existing modifier infrastructure in place.

Hello. I am sorry for any possible mistakes, i am not an english speaking person. There are some suggestions for fixes:
1. Let carpets be placed under the furniture. It is painful to destroy your garden pots with growing flowers just to put carpet under them.
2. When you enter summit on your horse the mountain sprite becomes broken in the last cutscene before credits.
3. In russian localization there is a blank letter from Willy after his special bulletin board "Tropical Fish" quest with fish tank reward.
4. Don't know if this bug is in russian localization only but when you divorce Abigail and interact with 14 heart event monument, it becomes blank and says nothing.

okleros

Greenhorn
- You can now build/move farm buildings on top of tiles that have artifact spots on them. (The artifact spot will be destroyed)
Hi ConcernedApe, when testing this new "feature" I found out that if there's a torch placed right in front of a shed's door, it can't be built. That would make sense for other things that get in the way, such as debris, chests, among other things. I have a shed placed at the mini quarry on the hill top farm and there's a torch right on the door, and when trying to move my shed, I couldn't put it back where it was.

heres's a screenshot to help illustrate https://i.imgur.com/RXkj694.png
1633949772780.png

tbowne85

Tiller
Hello everyone!

I have an important announcement regarding an upcoming change to Stardew Valley. Some time in the near future, Stardew Valley will receive an update (1.5.5), in which some underlying technical aspects of the game will be changed. In addition, there are various modder requests and a couple of bug fixes included in the update (most notably a fix for the
hard-mode mines
being stuck and unable to change back. This change was necessary in order to bring Stardew Valley to Game Pass, but it also future-proofs the game a little more, and will allow modders more freedom than they've had in the past.

If you're willing, it would be a big help if you could help us try out the new version. We want to make sure there aren't any bugs, and that it's going to be compatible with most computers.

As a precautionary measure, please make sure to back up your saves before doing this. Your saves can be found in %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves.
Also, please be aware that 32-bit operating systems will not be able to run the new version. However, we plan on providing a "compatibility" branch to players which will continue to use 32-bit XNA and will be compatible with old operating systems.

To try it out:
-right click on Stardew Valley in your steam library
-select "properties"
-select the "betas" tab
-click on the drop down menu and select "monogame64bit"

You should then receive an update with the new version.

If you're willing and able, it would be a big help if you could test this out and let me know if anything seems off.
Thanks!

Update at 3:30PM PST 9/7/2021:
- Holding Control in addition to Shift now allows you purchase stacks of 25 items at a time. This also can be used to craft 25 stacks of an item at once.
- Fix for audio going silent when playing any train related sound effects. (Introduced in 1.5.5)

Update at 4:45PM PST 9/14/2021:
- The Radioactive Bar is now affected by the Blacksmith profession.
- After completing the Cryptic Note quest, subsequently reaching floor 100 of the Skull Caves will guarantee a chest.
- Pets that are blocking a tile while building/moving a building can be nudged away by clicking on them.
- The in-game time is now shown on the upper right hand corner of the screen when playing Journey of the Prairie King in multiplayer.
- Fixed the radius of explosions not being centered when dislodging flooring and certain other types of items.
- Fixed Garden Pots clearing out their fertilizers when a crop is harvested.
- Fixed an issue where placing a Garden Pot on Ginger Island on a rainy day could cause it to be placed without watered dirt.
- Fixed multiplayer hosts registering their lobbies before fully loading a save, causing the games not to appear in the multiplayer games list.
- Fixed a bug where moving a cabin with a cellar would cause the stairs to the cellar to warp the players out of bounds for the rest of the play session.
- Fixed Shane's 6-heart event soft-locking in the Hungarian translation.
- Fixed erroneous "\" characters in various events in the Hungarian localization.
- Fixed various typos in the French localization.

Update at 5:00PM PST 9/21/2021:
- Added the ability to "buy back" items accidentally sold in the same shopping session.
- Fixed a case where entering the Farm from the south on horseback and triggering an event could cause the player to get stuck in a wall.
- Fixed a typo in Livin' Off The Land that incorrectly states that Super Cucumber can be caught in Winter.
- Fixed various invisible tiles preventing certain spots in the Mountain lake from spawning fish activity bubbles.
- various changes for modders

Update at 3:00PM PST 10/1/2021:
- Added commas to the price display on Robin and the Wizard's building menus.
- Adjusted collisions on the desert map to avoid a sorting issue on the top edged of raised cliffside on the left.
- Fixed the tile holding the plant on the table on Elliot's table not being passable.
- Fixed an issue where Sebastian's sprite would shift into an invalid position at 1:00 PM when he is working on his bike on the farm.
- Fixed some tiles on the left side of the Beach farm being unbuildable.
@ConcernedApe I know this thread isnt for requests but can you please add some more options for color blind people? Telling the difference between gold and silver quality crops can be hard. A simple label in the description would fix this issue. Same goes for berries in bushes and crops like cranberries. Little fix's like these would help many people. Thanks.

Odin

Staff member
@mumpy_gamey @tbowne85
If you have general suggestions for the game, please create threads for these in the Game Suggestions section (or add to existing threads there)! We'd like to keep this thread focused to feedback about the 1.5.5 beta, for example if people are having any issues while running it or if people have thoughts or questions about changes made in this version. I understand that we all have many things we'd like to see added to the game, but there is a whole forum section where those ideas can be shared!

To be clear, a request like the one I've quoted below is on topic for this thread, because it's based on a change made in this update, and therefore is direct feedback on a 1.5.5 feature:
Hello and thanks for the QoL patch.
Request: can you please add Ctrl+Shift+Alt to buy 100 items at a time? I imagine that this would be super painless to add now that you have the existing modifier infrastructure in place.

Odin

Staff member
I really hope combat in the minds gets addressed. I started playing originally on switch and now have switched over to the PC. When I'm in the mines it feels like my weapons swinging in random directions no matter which way I'm facing or where I click my mouse. It's very frustrating and I wish the weapons would work like your regular tools. Maybe it's just me or I'm doing something wrong but I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem.
On PC, your sword will almost always swing the direction your character is facing on screen. There can be some instances where the location where the mouse is takes priority for some reason, and I'm not clear on when causes that to occur, but if you keep your mouse cursor "in front" of where your character is facing, it ensures that direction is where you will swing. I hope that makes sense and is some amount of help for the current system.

imnvs

Local Legend
I really hope combat in the minds gets addressed. I started playing originally on switch and now have switched over to the PC. When I'm in the mines it feels like my weapons swinging in random directions no matter which way I'm facing or where I click my mouse. It's very frustrating and I wish the weapons would work like your regular tools. Maybe it's just me or I'm doing something wrong but I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem
On PC, your sword will almost always swing the direction your character is facing on screen. There can be some instances where the location where the mouse is takes priority for some reason, and I'm not clear on when causes that to occur, but if you keep your mouse cursor "in front" of where your character is facing, it ensures that direction is where you will swing. I hope that makes sense and is some amount of help for the current system.
I have had the problem you've seen, tbowne85. And while Odin's solution is workable, it requires you keep moving your mouse pointer to be in front of your character... alternately, if you hide your mouse pointer in the upper left corner of the screen but still on screen however, you'll almost invariably swing whichever direction you're facing. Hope that helps.

Peckinpaw

Tiller
It seems that one of my mods, UI Info Suite, isn't compatible. Is there a way to "undo" the beta installation? I tried changing properties on the game so it won't load the beta, and I tried installing the prior version of SMAPI but the game won't load at all.

Edit: Set the beta off in Steam, uninstalled the beta SMAPI and rebooted; did a Steam file integrity check and launched the game with no problems

Last edited:

Sawris

Greenhorn
Hi! First I want to say that a big fan of Stardew Vallley. And as a similar life of quality update, i want to see the more actions and dialogs with wife/husband, because now, they serve as furniture and the same problems with the kids. I wanted to see something, maybe a small addition of content in the update. This made the world and the game feel more alive. For example, you can make a new channel on television. Separately, I would like to see, maybe thanks to early sleep or something else, the ability to overcome the 2.00 AM limit or slightly adjust the currency and earnings, so that there would be more working strategies and opportunities. I think it's not too difficult to do this, but these are the things that every player will thank for.
And I would like to separately mention the multiplayer, it is not very cool when your friend passing by, enters your cut scene and spoils its atmosphere a little. And I also wanted all players to have the same opportunities in the world, because most of them are mostly inaccessible or crookedly made for other users.
Thank you for reading! I hope at least, something that i say here, will be in next 1.5.5

ReenaRose

Farmhand
Hello! I'm having an issue where the game starts to lag and skitter from time to time. Usually, when I'm in the middle of running, it'll stop and go and stop and go, but when I stop moving everything is fine. It's also getting worst when the year 1 Winter comes around and after that (sadly making me dread Winter :(. ) IDK if it's because there are added effects, i.e. the snow, or that the file has gotten bigger or what. I'm currently on beta 1.5.5 and my laptop is brand new - got it a month ago- I have the latest beta SMAPI as well. I've deleted my mods and it still does lag and skitter, but not as bad.

Here is my computer's info:
Windows 11
Acer Aspire 3
Intel Core i5 10th Gen
32 GB RAM

Last edited:

Hiamoto

Newcomer
Hi! First I want to say that a big fan of Stardew Vallley. And as a similar life of quality update, i want to see the more actions and dialogs with wife/husband, because now, they serve as furniture and the same problems with the kids. I wanted to see something, maybe a small addition of content in the update. This made the world and the game feel more alive. For example, you can make a new channel on television. Separately, I would like to see, maybe thanks to early sleep or something else, the ability to overcome the 2.00 AM limit or slightly adjust the currency and earnings, so that there would be more working strategies and opportunities. I think it's not too difficult to do this, but these are the things that every player will thank for.
And I would like to separately mention the multiplayer, it is not very cool when your friend passing by, enters your cut scene and spoils its atmosphere a little. And I also wanted all players to have the same opportunities in the world, because most of them are mostly inaccessible or crookedly made for other users.
Thank you for reading! I hope at least, something that i say here, will be in next 1.5.5
This is no i want this or that channel. Its for fixing bugs within the beta. Its not a quality update. Its technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.