Please Read Dedicated typo and translation error thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Platform: PC
- Language: French
- Version: 1.51 (continuing with v1.52 and updating post, will indicate any changes I encounter)

I've come across a number of formatting issues in the French translation with the new jobs board (text runs out of box or over mini portrait in windowed mode), but this one seems to have a placeholder not being substituted ("Ressource: Texte"). Drull321 has reported the same issue in the German version, but I thought I'd mention the French one too. I've attached a photo of both issues.
oddityinfrenchtranslation.png

I'm adding as I go so:

- "Maillet En bois": Wood Hammer, I believe it should be "Maillet en bois", with a lowercase on the "e". - Still present in v1.52

- Several festival-starting notifications have spacing errors ("commencésur" instead of "commencé sur"), but not all. I haven't yet caught a screenshot, but by Winter of Year 1, I've seen 2 or 3 (incl. egg hunt and year end festival) - Still present in v1.52

- When making wine out of "Fruit de cactus" (Cactus fruit), the wine is called "Vin de Fruit de cactus", but the "Fruit" should be lowercase here to make "Vin de fruit de cactus" (seems to happen with any wine, not just cactus fruit). - Still present in v1.52

- "Fougères de Fern" (Fiddlehead Fern), I think is supposed to be "Crosse de fougère" or "Fougère-à-l'autruche" because otherwise it means "Fern's fern", where fougère is the French word for fern but Fern is a proper noun (name or place). (Pickling this also causes the aforementioned capitalization typo) - Still present in v1.52

- "Fougères... Mariné" (Pickled Fiddlehead Fern), since "fougères" is feminine plural, "mariné" should also be feminine plural ("marinées") - Still present in v1.52 (ingredient gender/number doesn't match with adjective, happens with "Pomme de terre" as well, which is feminine)

(Version updated to v1.52)
- In Robin's shop, she's selling "Petites photos with the quotation mark at the beginning only. Assuming it's not supposed to be there at all.
petitesphotos.png

- In this new update, "Bone Mill" is now "Bone Moulin". I second Ayatus' proposed translation ("Moulin à os"). Also, my game is updated but for some reason, the crafting recipe is still named "Bone Mill" despite the crafted object itself being called "Bone Moulin" in my inventory. I received the recipe before v1.52.

- I had Robin build a second Shipping Bin ("bac d'expédition") and in the dialogue following, the name of the object starts a sentence without being capitalized. (Note: I didn't advance the dialogue, this is how it pops up, just to clarify) The addition of a definite article ("Le" in this case) would help.
shippingboxbuilt.png

-Upon winning the egg hunt (Year 2) and winning gold, the box dialogue says "A reçu 1000po". The "A" would be correct for he/she but this text refers to the player, so "Ai" (I/je), or "Avez" (you/vous [consistency with other 'you' pronouns used by game]) would be better here or simply "Reçu".
egghuntvictoryreward.png

- The second fishing tale with Gordy in the library has an awkward line break, which isn't seen in any of the other books. See "jour" in the last line in the screenshot ("... pendant trois jo/ urs et trois nuits."). Addition: same awkward break in word "jour" happens in Demetrius' gift letter
linebreakinbook.png

- Lack of gender agreement is popping up in different places where an item name is placed into a set phrase with an adjective. The notification, for example, for the pickaxe ("pioche") being ready to pick up from Clint says "Pioche d'iridium prêt" when it should be "Pioche d'iridium prête" due to being feminine.

- Corn seeds only say "à planter en été" ("To plant in summer") but the English description correctly states both summer and fall.

- The "Trilobite" artifact has two periods at the end of its description.
doubleperiod.png

-Auto-grabber description is completely different: in English, the second line of the description is "Must be placed in a coop or barn", but the French description is "Fonctionne sur les vaches, les moutons et les chèvres" ("Works on cows, sheep, and goats"). The Auto-grabber does function in coops but French description tells player otherwise (I believe this is the old description).

- Substituting placeholders with a noun starting with a vowel sometimes neglects preceding article contractions. For example, artisan goods using "Orange" : "Vin de Orange" should use an apostrophe, making it "Vin d'orange".

- Seeds for yams are called "Graines d'Igname" when they should be "Graines d'igname" (lowercased).

Last edited:

sCy.

Newcomer
- Platform: PC Windows 10 version 20H2
- Screen resolution: 16:9, 1920x1080
- UI scale: 80%
- Zoom level: 80%
- Language: English
- Version: 1.5.1
- Air date of the TV episode: 8 Spring, Year 1

Hi :)
While watching `Living of the land` channel on one of my playthroughs, I have noticed that the phrase `let` was placed uneven to the text.

Attachments

lizardiam

Greenhorn
- Platform: PC (Steam)
- Language: German

Errors in red, bold, corrections in green, bold:

Missing translation:
  • Linus' speech bubble at the mountain lake: The water's never been cleaner. -> Das Wasser sah noch nie sauberer aus.
  • Linus' speech bubble at the mountain lake: ...And the same goes for me! Hehehe. -> ...Und das gleiche gilt für mich. Hehehe.
  • Farm analysis using the computer, last line not translated: Farm Cave Ready: Nein -> Höhle bereit: Nein / Höhlenfarm bereit: Nein
  • In the desert at the lady with the camel, you can buy "Teleport Totem: Desert", description text partly not translated: Consumed on use -> Wird bei Benutzung verbraucht.
  • In the desert at the lady with the camel, you can buy "Teleport Totem: Desert (Rezept)", description text partly not translated: Consumed on use ->Wird bei Benutzung verbraucht.
  • Everywhere: "Teleport Totem: Desert" -> "Teleport Totem: Wüste"

Errors:
  • In the desert at the lady with the camel, you can buy "Butterfly Hutch", German "Schmertterlingsstall" -> "Schmetterlingsstall"
  • Quest, Gus' famous omelett: "Sammle Sie 24 Eier." -> "Sammle 24 Eier."
  • After buying a rabbit when you select a coop: "Wähle einen Hühnerstall für die neue Hase" -> "Wähle einen Hühnerstall für den neuen Hasen"
  • Trying to put a lingcod (Lengdorsch) into an already transformed fish pool (example: pufferfish/Kugelfisch): "Dein lengdorsch will nicht in einem Kugelfisch Teich leben." -> "Dein Lengdorsch will nicht in einem Kugelfisch Teich leben."
  • Fish quest: "Könntest du, wenn es dir nichts ausmacht einige Gelee bringen?" -> "Könntest du, wenn es dir nichts ausmacht, ein Glas Gelee bringen?"
    • If the amount of requested jelly (Gelee) can be variable, instead use "Könntest du, wenn es dir nichts ausmacht, etwas Gelee bringen?"
  • On completion of that quest: "Hey! Dieser Gelee sieht ziemlich gut aus!" -> "Hey! Dieses Gelee sieht ziemlich gut aus!"
  • Repairing the old boat: All three repair options have the same error, "konnte" -> "könnte"
I think the second to last point is a matter of where you're from. I'm from Austria and I'd say dieses Gelee, but I guess in Germany you say dieser Gelee.
It's kinda like the discussion of der Teller/ das Teller, or das Quark/ der Quark (even though in Austria you just say Topfen).

- Language: French
- Version number : 1.5.1

"Mill" is not translated into French ===> "Moulin"
Just want to add that the same thing happens with the "Bone Mill" in its entirety. Should be "Moulin d'os" or "Moulin en os" (I haven't tested what it does yet, so not sure which one is more accurate I'd say either works).
bonemillintranslation.png

Last edited:

Wang Tang

Greenhorn
I think the second to last point is a matter of where you're from. I'm from Austria and I'd say dieses Gelee, but I guess in Germany you say dieser Gelee.
I'm from Germany and I say "dieses Gelee" as well. But Duden says you're right in that "dieser Gelee" is possible; thanks, corrected the correction ;)

Last edited:

Wang Tang

Greenhorn

Errors in red, bold, corrections in green, bold:

Missing translation:
  • Buying at Gil: Title for "Galaxy Hammer" is missing (should be "Galaxie-Hammer" but is blank)
  • Painting with Leah: "How's yours coming along?" -> "Wie geht's bei dir voran?"
  • Buying in Mr Qi's walnut room: "Junimo Chest" is missing title and description translation
Errors:
  • In the movie theater:
    • "Leah genießt ihre Panzanella Salat sehr!" -> "Leah genießt ihren Panzanella Salat sehr!"
    • "Ihr MÜSST euren Freunden empfehlen heute nacht MYSTERIUM zu schauen..." -> "Ihr MÜSST euren Freunden empfehlen heute Nacht MYSTERIUM zu schauen..."
    • "[...] es war dazu gedacht, die Emotionen an zu sprechen, nicht den Intellekt." -> "[...] es war dazu gedacht, die Emotionen anzusprechen, nicht den Intellekt."
  • Wenn talking to parrots, there is a missing space between the amount of walnuts and the word itself, e.g. "20Walnüsse" instead of "20 Walnüsse"
  • Painting with Leah: "Wow, Ich mag dein Selbstvertrauen!" -> "Wow, ich mag dein Selbstvertrauen!"
  • Journal scrap #8: Missing newline between "Lebenspunkte." and "Kreuzritter:"
  • Journal scrap #9: "Am nächsten Morgen erspähte ich ein Arrangement aus Stein aam schäumenden Ufer. .." -> "Am nächsten Morgen erspähte ich ein Arrangement aus Stein am schäumenden Ufer..."

ChemMixer

Greenhorn
Someone, please fix the Japanese localization. It's not just German localization that has an issue where some weapons added in 1.5 would display an incorrect weapon name. None is fixed so far from what I've reported. Bump for visibility.

Link Thread

hobbit

Newcomer
- Language: Russian
- Version: 1.5.2
Это событие, где Сэм разбивает яйцо.
This is the event where Sam breaks an egg.(google translate)

Attachments

Sayuri

Newcomer
- Language: Japanese
- Version: 1.5.2

Sorry for the machine translation.

The translation of Bone Mill is wrong. It's the name of a different piece of furniture.
Thanks for reading.

TheLuckAGER

Greenhorn
- Platform you're playing on: PC
- Language you're playing in: Spanish
- Version number: 1.5.2

In some Journal Scraps the translation is wrong or misspelled:
Journal Scrap #3: "Tambien" should be "También" and "un aplanta" should be "una planta"
1610225009024.png

Journal Scrap #5: here in "El volcán local mantiene mis secretos" means "The local volcano keeps my secrets." but the original text says "The local volcano holds many secrets.", the correct translation should be "El volcán local guarda muchos secretos." or "El volcán local mantiene muchos secretos."
In this note there is another error: It is written "legenarios" instead of "legendarios"
1610225045590.png

Journal Scrap #8: "te" is not capitalized.
1610227325515.png

Journal Scrap #9: The original text has written «'twas », and the translation have <<'Era>> but the apostrophe does not make sense in the translation, it must be «Era» without the apostrophe
1610225071247.png

Journal Scrap #11: "forha" should be "forja"
1610225091629.png

Also, in the new letters there are errors:
In the original title it says "Willy's Back Room Invitation" but in Spanish it says "???", should be "Invitación a la habitación trasera de Willy"
1610225163351.png
1610225116616.png

In the "Emily's Gemstone" letter the translation is "las gemas de Emily" and it should say "Las gemas de Emily" a simple misspelling. (The «L» must be capitalized)
1610225129318.png

Attachments

Last edited:

TheLuckAGER

Greenhorn

Journal Scrap #8: Incomplete translation, 3 enchantments do not appear in the Spanish version
1610228380506.png
1610228401529.png

The following issues are still not fixed.
- Language: Chinese (中文)
- Version: 1.5.4
1.After returning to the tent, Professor Snail’s name was not translated
2.Halloween notice,"tomorrow" is translated into "today"(今天),"tomorrow" should be translated into "明天"
3."Rarecrow" is translated into "rare crow"(珍奇乌鸦),"Rarecrow" should be translated into "珍稀稻草人"

Attachments

Last edited:

TheLuckAGER

Greenhorn

In the "Extended Family" description the traslation says "Tienes un día para pescar a la…" and that means you have one day to do the quest, but the original text say you have three days so the correct translation should be "Tienes 3 días para pescar a la…"
Also the text of the description collides with "Recompensa", I am not sure if it is the only case where this happens
Captura de pantalla (2544).png
Captura de pantalla (2543).png

Wang Tang

Greenhorn

In the "Extended Family" description the traslation says "Tienes un día para pescar a la…" and that means you have one day to do the quest, but the original text say you have three days so the correct translation should be "Tienes 3 días para pescar a la…"
There are similar errors for German for many of Qi's quests.

TheLuckAGER

Greenhorn
The description of the Mango and Banana saplings are almost the same in english: "Takes 28 days to produce a mature Mango/Banana tree. Bears fruit in the summer, or all year round when planted on Ginger Island."
But in spanish the description are different from the original, for mango: "Tarda 28 días en producir un árbol de mango. Tiene fruta todo el año si es plantado en la Isla Jengibre."
for banana: "Tarda 28 días en crecer y madurar. Produce fruto todo el año si es plantado en Isla Jengibre."
Why if in english the desc are the same, in spanish are different? and they are not complete!, the description in spanish only mention that the tree produces fruit all year round on ginger island but no that in the valley only produce on Summer.

MarX

Greenhorn
- Platform : PC (Windows/Steam)
- Language : French
- Version : 1.5.4

The weapon bug (fixed in 1.5.3 ✅) :
The Infinity blade (and the other infinity weapons I assume) and the Iridium needle name appears as '3' and '7'
Note that the translations do exist, since when I switch to english the weapons will have their french name "Lame de l'infini" and "Aiguille d'iridium".
See screenshots in this thread : https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/bug-french-english-translation-scrambled.4574/

The fishing channel :
There's a little translation mishap here. 2:00am has been translated to 26h everytime, when it should have just been 2:00h or 2h.
We do have a 24h clock. But at midnight is goes back to 0 (midnight was correctly translated to 0h), so 2am is 2:00 for us as well.

Last edited:
- Version: 1.5.3

In this translation "beet" is being translated as "Rote Beete", but it being able to be made into sugar with the mill suggests its meant to be sugar beet specifically, which is called "Zuckerrübe" (even tho the red coloured sprite suggests it being a red beet, for which Rote Beete would be correct... but you can't make sugar from that. maybe just calling it "Rübe" would be a good middle way, players may try putting that in the mill).
2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.