MarX

Greenhorn
Scrambled translation

Windows 10, Steam
Localization : france
Single player
In game I use mostly french but sometimes english
Version 1.5.2

So here's is the game in french, some name specificly the infinity blade and the iridium needle seemed to have their translations missing and their name appear as numbers. (I don't know if they are the only ones). So so far only new items from 1.5. (now fixed in 1.5.3)

However, here is what happened if I switch to english : the french translation is there. And not just that, some things just stay in french.

english (3)_LI.jpg
English_LI (3).jpg

english 3_LI.jpg

I haven't checked further but of my present inventory, both name and object description of every object were in french. profil stuff as in the last screenshot. The only objects whose name and description were in english and seemed untouched by this bug were my basic tools : my axe, pickaxe, hoe, etc.

I tried in spanish and everything was translated, the new weapons included. Then I went back into english and the items like the coconut and the meals and the others are back to their english name and desscription, however... the farm description and the weapon stats stayed in spanish, and the weapon name is still in french. So we get this :
englishV2.png

I am half tempted to see how many languages I can scramble together now. 😆

It seems like if I quit to desktop, and start the game back, the languages are no longer scrambled (but if I switch without quitting it will again).

Last edited:
This is definitively not a translation issue because the translation itself is fine (even if we could discuss about the "Niveau X weapon" instead of "weapon niveau x" ^^)

The weapons (and other items) names are written directly in save file, so I guess that if you get an item in another language, the name will remains forever in that language.

For the remaining, I think the interface update is not totally done on language change

Odin

Staff member
Edit : Should I put this in the translation thread?
Hi! As the main issue you're reporting isn't an issue with the translations themselves, I think a separate thread makes sense. However, I would encourage you to report that issue where the weapons are incorrectly named in French in the translation thread.

MarX

Greenhorn
This is definitively not a translation issue because the translation itself is fine (even if we could discuss about the "Niveau X weapon" instead of "weapon niveau x" ^^)
Hi! As the main issue you're reporting isn't an issue with the translations themselves, I think a separate thread makes sense. However, I would encourage you to report that issue where the weapons are incorrectly named in French in the translation thread.
That's the conclusion I'd come to, as well. Thank you both

And I just added a post in the translation thread for the weapons. :smile: