What are your Stardew Superstitions?

Sockpuppet

Sodbuster
I never marry, I just have Krobus as a roommate and kick him out after getting the stardrop, then in year 2 I sell off all chickens, rabbits, goats, dino's, ducks only keeping one barn of pigs and one barn of ostriches. I never use or check the TV except to get the cooking recipes as I do not care if it is going to be a good or bad luck day it never makes a difference to how I want to play. I always choose the mushroom cave and only harvest until I have a purple mushroom growing in each box then I no longer have a reason to go back into the cave.

I think I'm less superstitious than obsessive.

Lew Zealand said:
I always pick up Forage, even in late game. Because it's there.
Yes.

FarmerJoJo said:
I want to bring my horse home to the stable every night
That's me. Luckily, I've got the horse flute by now.

susb8383 said:
My husband always gives the dog water even after he already loves him.
Me too, but the cat in my case.

Tom said:
I must always place Community Center bundle items in the order they are displayed.
Yes! And I get bewildered when I have to fill a bundle twice because the programme moves the items all to the front.

I also find it very difficult to skip one or more steps of my "morning" farm round in order to get off the farm before 1 pm if possible.

Starbean

Cowpoke
This is gonna sound so dumb, but just go with it:

I always, always, always, save my iridium animal products in the auto-grabber and then sell them in one big bulk batch on the last day of the season. Logically, I KNOW that this doesn't make me more money than if I sold them daily/weekly/hourly/whatever-ly, but deep in my Stardew-heart I believe that this makes my animals continue to produce iridium goods.

Full-on bananapants crazy, I know! :D

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Currently I am working under the rule that if I have animals that do not produce every day, they need to be evenly distributed (unless I only have one). This means that I'm not allowed to buy rabbits until I can afford to buy one a day for four straight days. Whoops ....

Lew Zealand

Helper
Currently I am working under the rule that if I have animals that do not produce every day, they need to be evenly distributed (unless I only have one). This means that I'm not allowed to buy rabbits until I can afford to buy one a day for four straight days. Whoops ....
Wait wait waitiminute.

YOU

Cannot

Handle

The

(wait for it)

completely ridiculous work schedule that Marnie manages to get away with.

Oh, you want a Bunny on Sunday, and Monday and Bunda... oops, Tuesday, aaaaaaaand Wednesday? Good luck buddy, Marnie's got better things to do rather than support your Animal Husbandry with more than shallow, empty verbal platitudes. That microwave is sitting there energetically reflecting millions of photons of light and if she ain't there to receive them, they're just wasted! And no chance she'll let Emily get the last word in at any Tuesday exercise discussion, them uppity young'uns need to know their place. Plus, someone's gotta shield her embarrassing rump dance from the rest of town, there's a reason George is only allowed in there on Sundays.

We don't talk about the Luau, the Governor's made requests that cannot be refused.

Last edited:

Miss Berry

Farmhand
I’m not sure if these count as superstitions or rather patterns that just make my brain happy :3 Although I suppose I believe some luck is involved

-My farm must have a theme. My first farm was berry themed and all my animals were named after berries (Lingonberry, Huckleberry, Farkleberry, Sarvisberry…)

-Must return horse to stable or at least close enough to the house that he/she can get there easily!

-Must always water cat/dog bowl and pet all animals

-Carry all tools with me at all times. You never know when you might need your pan or watering can

-Talk to every person you pass by even if you have full hearts with them

-Also bring them a birthday gift even if you have full hearts with them (though sometimes I miss the date even when I have the gift ready and I feel so bad about it 😭)

-Go to the Yoba chapel every Sunday. At first I did it just because I knew Jodi would be there and she was the last person I needed to be friends with, but now it’s a bit of a habit XD

Miss Berry

Farmhand
I never let the Strange Capsule hatch, and I as well always carry my best rabbit's foot somewhere in the inventory.

I also think the parrots are evil, and as such I don't play into their hands with those fetch games and their erroneous concept of "Perfection". As such I never go to Ginger Island, and Willy's boat is better off left unrepaired in that case.

I also think the parrots are evil, and as such I don't play into their hands with those fetch games and their erroneous concept of "Perfection". As such I never go to Ginger Island, and Willy's boat is better off left unrepaired in that case.
[/QUOTE]
So glad someone else suspects that the parrots are evil. I mean they COULD have been helpful (especially in one case, but I don’t know how to list spoilers so I won’t say, but I bet some people know exactly what I’m talking about!) but nooooo…you must bring them golden walnuts. I get it for building things for you or things that are luxuries, but in some cases I’m thinking these birds could have swooped in and saved the day at any time, and chose not to because golden walnuts. It’s like a golden walnut cult of parrots. “We don’t say our ages but how many golden walnuts we’ve consumed.” O.o

pretty sure those parrots would carry me and drop me in the ocean if the sharks promised them golden walnuts…

I guess they did take care of Leo so there’s one good thing they did….

Miss Berry

Farmhand
If
I have to have spaces empty at all times in the top inventory bar. And the
alien from the Strange Capsule
is a Xenomorph coming to kill us all. Save us, Mayor Lewis!
Mayor Lewis??? We’ll have to call upon Yoba to save us from that shadow creature!!! I swear if I see that thing walk by me like I’ve heard it can do I’m throwing my Nintendo Switch across the room just out of sheer fear

Miss Berry

Farmhand
I never marry, I just have Krobus as a roommate and kick him out after getting the stardrop, then in year 2 I sell off all chickens, rabbits, goats, dino's, ducks only keeping one barn of pigs and one barn of ostriches. I never use or check the TV except to get the cooking recipes as I do not care if it is going to be a good or bad luck day it never makes a difference to how I want to play. I always choose the mushroom cave and only harvest until I have a purple mushroom growing in each box then I no longer have a reason to go back into the cave.
Oooooooo okay I must know! Can you only get a stardrop from Krobus if he’s a roommate? And what do you mean by a purple mushroom growing in each box? I have the mushroom cave but I thought the mushrooms you receive are random

Miss Berry

Farmhand
You’re so to the point. It’s ruthless. I love it 💪 Ain’t got no time to mess around, Pelican Town, gimme all your Stardrops

Elenna101

Farmer
Oooooooo okay I must know! Can you only get a stardrop from Krobus if he’s a roommate? And what do you mean by a purple mushroom growing in each box? I have the mushroom cave but I thought the mushrooms you receive are random
Whoever you marry/roommate gives you a stardrop at 14 hearts. This is in addition to the one Krobus sells in his shop.

And I assume they're harvesting all the non-purple mushrooms and leaving the purple ones to stay there and look pretty.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I just watch the calendar and always start buying a batch of animals on a Wednesday. I have Marnie's schedule memorized for this very reason.
OKAY! Whose idea was it for Marnie to close shop on her birthday?! YOU RUINED MY PLANS, MARNIE! I had to sell yesterday's baby bunny and will have to re-buy her next month. We are both traumatized now.

LRangerR

Local Legend
So glad someone else suspects that the parrots are evil. I mean they COULD have been helpful (especially in one case, but I don’t know how to list spoilers so I won’t say, but I bet some people know exactly what I’m talking about!) but nooooo…you must bring them golden walnuts. I get it for building things for you or things that are luxuries, but in some cases I’m thinking these birds could have swooped in and saved the day at any time, and chose not to because golden walnuts. It’s like a golden walnut cult of parrots. “We don’t say our ages but how many golden walnuts we’ve consumed.” O.o

pretty sure those parrots would carry me and drop me in the ocean if the sharks promised them golden walnuts…

I guess they did take care of Leo so there’s one good thing they did….
[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure they use the parrot express or whatever to drop people and monkeys into the volcano.

And I also wouldn't be surprised if they orphaned leo on purpose and "adopted" him for some unknown reason.

They also assaulted some random turtle for just being there