What would be your likes/dislikes list if you were a Stardew NPC?

Rancher
I'm bored, and I've been thinking about this for a while, so let's go :proud:

You most certainly know by now that the befriendable Stardew NPCs have their own preferences in terms of gifts. And I was thinking: "What if instead of the farmer, I was one of the residents of the town? What would I like the farmer to force feed me every Sunday to gain my affection?" Well, I think no more, because I know now, and I hereby present to you the all exclusive Preferential Gifting List of the Stardew Player Turned NPC™. Feel free to join the club, we have cookies :cookie:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

450735's Preferential List Gifting List of the Stardew Player Turned NPC™ (you may need to consult additional material here)

Loved gifts

▪ All universal loves + Cauliflower, Strawberry, Grape, Banana, Orange, Maple Syrup, Cookie, Ice cream

Want to be my friend? :heart: Feed me :stardrop:

Liked gifts

▪ All cooking, including Bread and Fried Egg, except Eggplant Parmesan, Escargot, Pumpkin Pie, Vegetable Medley (disliked), Crab Cakes, Fried Calamari, Fried Mushroom, Lobster Bisque, Seafoam Pudding, Strange Bun, Triple Shot Espresso (hated)
▪ All eggs, except Void Egg (disliked)
▪ All flowers, including Poppy
▪ All foraged minerals
▪ All gems
▪ All geode minerals
▪ Cinder Shard, Dragon Tooth, Life elixir, Rainbow Shell, Treasure Chest

Ex-geologist here, ready to empty your hands from all those shiny stones to make herself a museum :iridium:

Neutral gifts

▪ All books
▪ All fruit, except Grape, Strawberry (loved)
▪ All fruit tree fruit, except Banana, Orange (loved), Coconut, Mango (disliked)
▪ All vegetables, except Cauliflower (loved), Beet, Eggplant, Hops, Unmilled Rice (disliked)
▪ All other universal neutrals, except Bread, Fired Egg (liked), Tea Leaves, Truffle (disliked)
▪ Cheese, Honey, Jack-O-Lantern, Jelly, Omni-Geode, Sea Urchin, Vinegar

Some unlisted exceptions here (both positive and negative), but hopefully it will balance out with what the others gifted me this week :gift:

Disliked gifts

▪ All milk
▪ All other forageables
▪ All other universal dislikes, except Cinder Shard, Quartz (liked), Jack-O-Lantern, Omni-geode, Vinegar (neutral)
▪ Coconut, Eggplant Parmesan, Escargot, Mango, Pumpkin Pie, Tea Leaves, Truffle, Vegetable Medley

Nothing really special here. Dislikes, unite! :thumbsup: (or should that be :thumbsdown:?...)

Hated gifts

▪ All artisan goods, except Cheese, Honey, Jelly (neutral), Oil (dislike)
▪ All mushrooms
▪ All other universal hates except Dragon Tooth, Poppy (liked), Sea Urchin (neutral)
▪ Crab Cakes, Fried Calamari, Fried Mushroom, Lobster Bisque, Pina Colada, Triple Shot Espresso

Now I ask Shane and Elliot to read this section again. Twice :unamused:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

As an added bonus, here are my preferences for movies and concessions at the movie theatre:

Movies:

▪ Loved: Natural Wonders, Wumbus
▪ Liked: The Brave Little Sapling, Journey of the Prairie King, Miracle at Coldstar Ranch, The Zuzu City Express
▪ Disliked: Mysterium, It howls in the Rain

Concessions:

▪ Loved: Ice Cream Sandwich, Nachos, Stardrop Sorbet
▪ Liked: Apple Slices, Chocolate Popcorn, Fries, Personal Pizza, Popcorn, Salmon Burger, Sour Slimes, Star Cookie
▪ Disliked: Everything else

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A fun exercise, although it turned out harder than I expected especially regarding the food items. IRL, I love being gifted food, but only food i like, and I'm a picky eater. I initially wanted to place all food in neutral, but I felt like my list of likes was too small, so I placed cooking in liked and only removed the ones I really do not like, and the fruit/veggie categories kind of balanced between the one I like a lot and others I don't care about or don't like. Feels reasonable instead of having tons of special orders everywhere. And you're supposed to know my preferences anyways :toothy:

Don't hesitate to make your own list if you feel like. It's a bit time-consuming, but if you're ever bored on a rainy day, you have a good time sink right here. And it'd be fun to see what everyones preferences are.

Anyway, see you at Gus' now.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Just going categorically:

Honestly I love receiving anything food related so the baked and cooked goods would be perfect for me, cookie? cake? blackberry cobbler?????

I don't know what I'd do if someone ran up to me with a dirty, bug ridden, spring onion so forage is probably off the table. Same goes for random crop though in this economy a massive Stardew sized farm fresh fruit or veggie is pretty appealing.
I guess same logic applies to animal products though raw animal products are usually a lot of work to make usable, also severed rabbit feet? That is a threat, not a gift.

I'd be more confused if someone gave me a massive ore bar or gem, a diamond the size of someone's head? ...How'd you get this?

Honestly I'd like the random minerals and artifacts, I'd like a prehistoric scapula or kyanite tbh, I already collect that kind of stuff as is and it's insanely expensive, if you can whack worms and get a whole ancient walking stick I'll follow you around.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
What i love, for a strange reason, are not into the game, despite roast meat being displayed during Luau festival, upon the tables at the beach.

My absolute favorite thing, for which i even registered in-game to be displayed during Stardrop consumption, is: *ROAST CHICKEN*! Close second; *Roast Lamb*, especcially over spitfire with charcoals! I cannot even imagine, why we are being denied and deprived of, trully savory feasts!

In the loved category still, i vie for: Pineapple, Mango, Coconut; i love all three and regularly eat them (pineapple and mango need to be ripened both adequately well and correctly, while coconuts are pretty hard to crack open -one of these days, i must remember to buy the specific tool-)! Add flavored honey, too! From flowers, i love lilies and roses, but none are in the game, alas...

My likes are: all edible mushrooms, especially chanterelle, which reminds me of shiitake. Fish roe and smoked fish. Pork meat, beef meat, duck fillet, rabbit stew, i like a lot; once again, it is a shame we cannot savor those unparalleled delicacies, despite going to such an extent, in order to raise such fine, exquisite even, livestock! All fruit that grows on trees. Truffles (in real life, i order truffle mayo with potatoes, burger dishes and whatnot). Octopus, especially cooked in the pot together with pasta and red wine sauce. Chocolate cake.

Normal: All flowers, foraged goods minus fern, all fish, all edible eggs, cheese (only yellow cheese), grape wine (red), pickles (various mixed), strawberry jelly, mango and/or pineapple juice (mixed), coconut water and coconut milk (not in game, strangely).

Dislike: All construction materials, pathways, machinery, milk (cannot drink it neat), goat cheese.

Hate: All metals, precious gems, ores, prismatic shards, radioactive ores/bars and iridium ones, all crops, clay (dirt in general), moss, fiber.

Draconifors

Sodbuster
Love: All fresh fruit, all flowers (only because in-game flowers never wither), cheeses, pizza, rhubarb pie, ice cream, blueberry tart, plum pudding, banana pudding, chocolate cake, maki roll, kale, all fish except pufferfish (fresh and smoked), salmon dinner, all gems, treasure chest, edible mushrooms (especially chanterelle).

Like: All other cooking items except pepper poppers, coffee, and triple-shot espresso; wine, juice, mead, beet, carrot, corn, green bean, potato, tomato, blackberry, salmonberry, all dried fruit.

Neutral: Everything not listed under anything else.

Dislike: Pale ale, beer, piña colada, broccoli, cauliflower, all other construction materials, items crafted in the crafting menu, spring onion.

Hate: Garlic, coffee, coffee bean, triple-shot espresso, hot peppers, pepper poppers, green tea, tea leaves, red cabbage, inedible mushrooms, eggplant.

(I may have missed or forgotten about some items.)

Edit: I somehow forgot about the disgusting vegetable that is known as eggplant or aubergine and that tastes like tea (= yucky) to me. Fixed.

Last edited: