What’s your current goal?

Gaea65

Greenhorn
As indicated, in your current game (whichever one you’re currently playing or will be loading when you next launch the game), what’s your goal? What are you trying to achieve or what are you building towards / investing time into?

For me, I’m playing on the Beach farm right now for the first time, it’s a chill save, summer year 1. So I’m splitting my time between fishing for fun and profit and getting to the bottom of the mines, with my most immediate goal being getting a stable up and getting minecarts unlocked for faster travel.
I want to get my hearts with my wife (Emily) back up to fourteen after ignoring her for like three months straight...

I want to catch the two remaining fish (Scorpian Carp and Dorado), and get more cooking recipes.

My other goal is the desert and island obelisks, but I'm steady at about 950,000g, so that's a pretty far off goal.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I'm working on crafting completion. It's a lot more involved than I originally though. But so far, I'm enjoying earning new recipes.

Boo1972

Farmer
I already posted once, but I recently heard a report on the rise of forest farming in the USA. Basically, farmers leave trees on their land and grow specially shade crops- think ginseng and mushrooms. The report really latched on to me so I am going to design a forest farm on the forest farm map. Marry Leah or Emily. Try to open the desert in time for a harvest of star fruit. Try to get married in the first year, which I’ve never done.

Sunfastrose

Greenhorn
Beach farm, aiming for perfection (second time). Third year - museum collection complete, greenhouse full of ancient fruit and several fruit trees (found three mango so far, no banana). This round upping friendship levels earlier than usual; several bachelors and bachelorettes at dateable hearts. Planning on giving bouquet to Abigail and expect to marry her, although original plan was to go for Leah. Building out pineapple groves on island, just under 100 walnuts for Qi room. Two monster hunter goals left - duggies and lavas.

Got the Iridium Legend! Using the Quality Lure made it much harder than normal, took 7 tries at it, but with that one down only the Crimsonfish and Angler remain for my goal of getting all legendary fish in iridium quality. I still need to get an Octopus as well but I'm probably going to use a trap lure for that one, at least for the first one I get. I still need to finish the CC, just need a Red Cabbage and Truffle for that one. I have pigs they're just not fully grown yet, and I've been planning on waiting till the summer for Red Cabbage anyway. This is because it's a chill save, so it doesn't matter anyway, and also because I messed up the Luau in year 1 (sold all my catfish), so I figured it would make sense to show some character growth, do better at the Luau this year, and then finish the CC, fits better with the whole theme of becoming part of the community.

imnvs

Local Legend
I have g. but g. won't buy me iridium, which I need for a boat, which I need to explore.
See, there is a way to turn cash into iridium... sorta.

There is a statue called the Statue of Endless Fortune (though @Cuusardo and I call it the Statue of Endless Convenience because it takes a long time for those things to turn a profit) that on folks' birthdays will give you a loved gift for that person... and on other days will give either an omni geode, a diamond, a gold bar or an iridium bar.

Now, getting an iridium bar about 1/week out of this will take a while to amass much iridium, with 5 bars taking over a season typically... but if you get more of these? I mean, it depends on how much money you have sitting around, as these are 1M per, but if you get a handful of them, you can easily get 5 bars by week's end.

In my 4-Corners and Beach farms, both in the Showcase, I have about half a shed full of these statues in each save, and let me tell you... they are SUPER convenient. ;) My favorite thing about them is that on certain people's birthdays you get food... and for 3 birthdays each year (those of Jas, Vincent and Haley) you are given Pink Cake, one of the more expensive and one of the most healing foods in the game. Get 50 of these and you'll get 150 pink cakes per year just sitting on your butt! It's pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Sharron

Greenhorn

There is a statue called the Statue of Endless Fortune (though @Cuusardo and I call it the Statue of Endless Convenience because it takes a long time for those things to turn a profit) that on folks' birthdays will give you a loved gift for that person... and on other days will give either an omni geode, a diamond, a gold bar or an iridium bar.

Now, getting an iridium bar about 1/week out of this will take a while to amass much iridium, with 5 bars taking over a season typically... but if you get more of these? I mean, it depends on how much money you have sitting around, as these are 1M per, but if you get a handful of them, you can easily get 5 bars by week's end.

In my 4-Corners and Beach farms, both in the Showcase, I have about half a shed full of these statues in each save, and let me tell you... they are SUPER convenient. ;) My favorite thing about them is that on certain people's birthdays you get food... and for 3 birthdays each year (those of Jas, Vincent and Haley) you are given Pink Cake, one of the more expensive and one of the most healing foods in the game. Get 50 of these and you'll get 150 pink cakes per year just sitting on your butt! It's pretty awesome.

Whoa! that statue sounds cool - but not accessible to me for awhile, I haven't gotten to Qi stuff yet. Another member did mention the Statue of Perfection, which I hadn't heard of and I did have 4 candles lit, so I got that! I'm progressing...

Depending on how you look at it, you can also trade money for stone, stone for staircases, and staircases for iridium. Just throwing it out there because 1 million can be 100 staircases, which if you throw all those down in the skull caverns, then delve from there (bring and use bombs and healing items, plus ideally speed boosts for food and coffee), I see no reason you shouldn't get at bare minimum 5 bars of iridium before the day is done. I just tested with 50 staircases, and 2 dozen bombs, and delving straight down to 50 (which is not optimal strategy at all), I had 25 iridium ore before noon, and was over 50 by 3pm. This was one a day with poor luck as well. There's a lot of strategy and discussion which could be had around delving but I'm not going to rehash that all here, just wanted to throw out there that before you toss 1 million at a statue to get 5 bars in a month, if iridium is your goal, you should at least try once to delve with staircases. Just make sure you keep 5-10 in reserve for escaping purple mist and skipping infested floors, and ideally go on a day with good luck, not poor luck.

Elenna101

Farmer
Whoa! that statue sounds cool - but not accessible to me for awhile, I haven't gotten to Qi stuff yet. Another member did mention the Statue of Perfection, which I hadn't heard of and I did have 4 candles lit, so I got that! I'm progressing...
Oh, are you thinking of the super late-game Qi stuff? Because the place where you get the Statue of Endless Fortune is different from that - if you've finished the vault bundles (which I assume you have, if you're trying to complete the boat), then you can get access to the place where you get the Statue of Endless Fortune. Try poking around in the tunnel the bus goes into. I don't want to spoil too much, but if you want to know the full details just check out the wiki's comments on the Mysterious Qi quest.

That being said, I agree with Giant Octopodes that you could also put that money into staircases (or gather a bunch of jades, maybe, and trade to the desert merchant) and ge

LoveElliotsHair

Sodbuster
I'm on my third file and just finished Year 2 and Grandpa gave me the statue the next day. Did CC in 1 year and 1 day (missed it because of the dang truffle). I just finished fishing, friendship and many other achievements. Just need more tomatoes to accomplish the cooking achievement. I'm trying to see how fast I can get perfection. I got it twice before but was unfocused and nonstrategic in my efforts. This time around I'm being very efficient and seeing if I can get it by the end of Year 3. We'll see!