What’s your current goal?

Funny thing is how random the items are which just don't pop. I actually found multiple aquamarines and copies of Scroll 3 while playing yesterday, but I know the feeling, it's always something! Once it was the Anchor, last playthrough my wife and I did we got to floor 100 multiple times and spent half a year digging in the skull caverns before we got our second prismatic shard and I got to upgrade from the Lava Katana XD I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for eventually!

Pluffy

Planter
Yeah thank you, while searching for people talking about Scroll ll, I did found out that certain Scrolls get harder to find on saves.

Midnightauro

Greenhorn
Slowly working on perfection, I still have quite a bit to go between fishing, crafting, and monster hunting. I expect I'll be done somewhere around Dec. 2023 at this rate lol!

I can certainly feel for the "eventually" part of the "find it eventually". I'm entering year 6 with some things still stubbornly missing for artifacts on this game despite going to opportune places for them repeatedly at the luckiest of times. I have only been playing this game for fun though, it isn't my main one, and I've been exploring silly things this time instead of trying to play seriously or obtain everything. Now when I finally focus on this, nadda lol. The RNG is just fickle sometimes I guess. Serves me right for goofing off and slouching on artifacts in the early days. D'oh.
I'll just keep on trucking, or ah, digging etc, and when the time is right I'll probably get them in a cluster lol. 🤪

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Farmer
I'll just keep on trucking, or ah, digging etc, and when the time is right I'll probably get them in a cluster lol. 🤪
That's almost exactly what happened to me. I was down to TWO artifacts for the museum. And I accidentally got both of them in the same day without really paying attention. I'm on year 8 and taking my time.

Ticklebutt

Greenhorn
Well first is to make a lot of muns! :morris:
With that muns, Imm’a build up a big ol’ farm! Finish the community center, find a prismatic shard and then after that’s all done I think I’ll let little sewer dweller stay with me.:krobus::hlevel:

I don’t know about marriage. If I do get married, it’s either gonna be Harvey or Abigail. Right now I have them both as my bf & gf (kinda a polyamorous thing). Was leaning to marry Harvey thou, and keep Abigail as my gf if that’s possible.:harvey::heart::abigail:

Maw

Farmhand
Perfection. Unfortunately, there is a bug affecting the save file that is closest, and it thinks I didn't get all the Stardrops, and there are like 6 darn walnuts hiding north and west that never seem to show up. Thinking I need to remove my lovely coffee & pineapple plantations so there are more places for artifact spots to spawn. Same issue with walnuts on my next closest file, and there I still need to complete Master Angler, Craft Master & Gourmet Chef. After that I think I'll finally try the Beach farm.

I'm in late fall now, I've got the Greenhouse done, the Skull Caverns unlocked, and now my main goals are getting enough iridium to satisfy my sprinkler and tool needs, getting some sheds up, and getting enough preserve jars and kegs to ensure that next year no crop gets sold in its base form.

I also need to get the sewers opened up so I can switch over from Rancher to Artisan, but I'm at like 58 or so out of 60 and haven't yet given up a few things I have like diamonds or jade so that should just be a one day thing.

It's funny, this is a chill save, but I found (and thus planted) two Ancient Seeds in the first half of spring, so I've got 18 Ancient Fruit growing in the Greenhouse, which honestly I'm used to having between 1 and 4 when I'm starting off. By far the largest initial crop I've had, and based on that, I'll have the Greenhouse full of them before Spring of next year, a full two seasons ahead of my deadline on a non-chill farm.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I'm in late fall now, I've got the Greenhouse done, the Skull Caverns unlocked, and now my main goals are getting enough iridium to satisfy my sprinkler and tool needs, getting some sheds up, and getting enough preserve jars and kegs to ensure that next year no crop gets sold in its base form.

I also need to get the sewers opened up so I can switch over from Rancher to Artisan, but I'm at like 58 or so out of 60 and haven't yet given up a few things I have like diamonds or jade so that should just be a one day thing.

It's funny, this is a chill save, but I found (and thus planted) two Ancient Seeds in the first half of spring, so I've got 18 Ancient Fruit growing in the Greenhouse, which honestly I'm used to having between 1 and 4 when I'm starting off. By far the largest initial crop I've had, and based on that, I'll have the Greenhouse full of them before Spring of next year, a full two seasons ahead of my deadline on a non-chill farm.
Nice job on the Ancient Fruit count! It's a real game changer. ....no pun intended. 🙂 And changing your profession is a solid goal. It took me a few playthroughs to figure out the value of that one.

My current goal is revamping my farm. I took a deep breath and tore it all down and sold off all my livestock. Now I just have a few ducks in a pond and one cow. I'm taking my time and designing it a logical way. Plus, it's giving me time to explore other aspects of the game.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I can certainly feel for the "eventually" part of the "find it eventually". I'm entering year 6 with some things still stubbornly missing for artifacts on this game despite going to opportune places for them repeatedly at the luckiest of times. I have only been playing this game for fun though, it isn't my main one, and I've been exploring silly things this time instead of trying to play seriously or obtain everything. Now when I finally focus on this, nadda lol. The RNG is just fickle sometimes I guess. Serves me right for goofing off and slouching on artifacts in the early days. D'oh.
You have to stop needing something in order to get 14 of them. lol

Elenna101

Farmer
Perfection. Unfortunately, there is a bug affecting the save file that is closest, and it thinks I didn't get all the Stardrops, and there are like 6 darn walnuts hiding north and west that never seem to show up. Thinking I need to remove my lovely coffee & pineapple plantations so there are more places for artifact spots to spawn. Same issue with walnuts on my next closest file, and there I still need to complete Master Angler, Craft Master & Gourmet Chef. After that I think I'll finally try the Beach farm.
FYI, you don't get any walnuts from artifact spots. (You do need artifact spots to get some of the bones for the guy in the tent, but it sounds like that's not what you're talking about.) Maybe explore more? If you're sick of trying to find those last few walnuts, the wiki has an article which lists the locations of all the walnuts.

Reactions: Maw

MissDandy

Farmer
FYI, you don't get any walnuts from artifact spots. (You do need artifact spots to get some of the bones for the guy in the tent, but it sounds like that's not what you're talking about.) Maybe explore more? If you're sick of trying to find those last few walnuts, the wiki has an article which lists the locations of all the walnuts.
The wiki literally saved my butt for the last 10 walnuts. Also, the parrot is really good at letting you know where some are that you're missing...(you probably already knew that) BUT for some places, I found that he won't tell you and it's just you and the wiki.

Maw

Farmhand
Thanks for the heads-up about the artifact spots - I guess the the special spots you need to hoe got it stuck in my head that opening up more bare ground was going to get me more walnuts. Kinda stumped, tho because I'm 99% sure I've found all the ones the Wiki shows you, but the parrot says there are ones hidden in the north & west. Definitely have 6 more to go. Maybe fishing? I do hate to fish. Or maybe it's another bug. I think in the one save file I was hoeing at the special spots before I found the notes that go with them, and that might have messed something up? I know nothing about coding..

Planter
Current goal for me is to 100% the game on vanilla (with the possible exception of purely cosmetic mods). Probably will be a couple more years in game since I'm kind of lazy and don't want to entirely redesign my farm for max efficiency. I'll probably just go for full bluberries and cranberries for the rest of that game (and ancient fruit wine, but I'm always low on oak resin. Again, I was lazy and didn't plant enough trees :sweat: ). I'm mostly worried about the crafting and maybe the golden walnuts goals. The rest of it is either completed, nearing completion or easy enough for me not to worry. The golden clock might be a pain if i don't optimise my money-making skills though.

Worblehat

Planter
Winter 1 Year 3, time for the Glacierfish. The first attempt at the day led to the first CTD I've ever had with Stardew Valley, which was weird and not great. Second attempt at the day, hooked Glacierfish 22 times before finally landing it. :fish: Ugh. This was with a skill 14 fishing bar and a cork bobber. It remains unclear whether I'll be able to land Legend in the spring; I can use Seafoam Pudding to bring fishing skill to 15, but the difficulty of the fish also increases by ten (and the jump from Crimsonfish at 95 to Glacierfish at 100 was huge - I landed Crimsonfish on the first or second try).

Needless to say, I played it safe and went to bed as soon as I teleported home.

So the quest for Perfection remains in Magic 8 Ball territory - "Answer hazy, ask again later." 🎱

PookieDoodle

Rancher
Winter 1 Year 3, time for the Glacierfish. The first attempt at the day led to the first CTD I've ever had with Stardew Valley, which was weird and not great. Second attempt at the day, hooked Glacierfish 22 times before finally landing it. :fish: Ugh. This was with a skill 14 fishing bar and a cork bobber. It remains unclear whether I'll be able to land Legend in the spring; I can use Seafoam Pudding to bring fishing skill to 15, but the difficulty of the fish also increases by ten (and the jump from Crimsonfish at 95 to Glacierfish at 100 was huge - I landed Crimsonfish on the first or second try).

So the quest for Perfection remains in Magic 8 Ball territory - "Answer hazy, ask again later." 🎱
Ugh, I am so dreading the fishing achievement. ....and I don't mind fishing. But 22 times. Way to stick with it! I hope I can do that when I finally force myself to go for the legendary ones.

Congrats on the catch! If you're having trouble with Legend, might I recommend trying the Trap Lure? This is not intended as a boast at all, but I typically catch that one (albeit after 7 or so attempts on average) at a Total skill of 10. Especially before you could no longer catch multiple, it was a strategy of mine to use Trout Soup to get up to 10 early, and I'd catch like 5 of them before the season was done, pocket an extra 20G. The only reason I felt that was possible was because of the Trap Lure, and though I certainly intend to try out the others, if you haven't already given it a whirl I definitely would recommend it.

Rhiannon

Farmer
This thread got me to really think about my goals, both immediate and future. I finally reached one of them I hadn't mentioned previously which was to get into Mr. Qi's room and check my perfection. I'm only at 52%! But that actually made me happy. Happy to know that I still have nearly half of the game to experience. One of my short term goals was to get the clock. Well, I finally got it. And THAT prompted me to redo a good bit of my farm. So I scanned the screenshot gallery for a couple of lovely farms that are along my style and I'm slowly making improvements. I've realized that with 4k of wood in stock, I probably don't need that huge area of trees I have planted for cutting. So this opened up more ideas for changing my farm around some. I love my current working layout. I can do my chores by 11am and be off doing other things for the day. So that tells me I'm efficient. And after buying the clock, within two game weeks, I was back up to 1mil so that tells me my farm is producing well.

My optimal goal is perfection as I think most people. But presently, I'm going to finish my farm modifications, paint my buildings, continue my experiment comparing the various mayonnaise production prices and focus on those animals, continue working on the special bulletin board quests, redo some rooms in my farm house and decorate the extra rooms I got, and when winter comes around again, I plan to start working on the island farm and farm house and work on Mr. Qi's quests. I have four days left of my two week vacation. We'll see how far that get's me. :)