What’s your current goal?

As indicated, in your current game (whichever one you’re currently playing or will be loading when you next launch the game), what’s your goal? What are you trying to achieve or what are you building towards / investing time into?

For me, I’m playing on the Beach farm right now for the first time, it’s a chill save, summer year 1. So I’m splitting my time between fishing for fun and profit and getting to the bottom of the mines, with my most immediate goal being getting a stable up and getting minecarts unlocked for faster travel.

Ereo

Helper
I am currently playing more on mobile than PC, so no beach farm for me...

I have a four corners ranch: top left has two barns, one with pigs, one with 4 goats and 8 cows, and an orchard with one if each tree. Bottom left has a coop full of ducks (close to the pond so they can hopefully swim one day) and one with rabbits and dinos. Bottom right has a coop with void chickens, a coop with regular mixed colored chicken, and my mayo maker platform. Both bottom sides have some tapped trees. Top right has a fenced garden in front of the house (iridium sprinklered field in the middle, 2 quality sprinklered fields on each side with a beehive between them). Also a platform for truffle oil makers, smelting ovens/workplace next to the house, a shed for wine and jam and three fish ponds.

I am currently trying to replace the garden fence with tea, fill the greenhouse, marry Shane and get all hearts with all villagers. Also trying to make a pretty farm for the first time ;)

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I am trying to get as much friendship as I can with everyone. I heard some have essential things to the game.
Same. I bought 12 bouquets this morning. See if I can get everyone to 10+ hearts. I'm especially interested in seeing if I can find out what I think to be true about Abigail. Also, I've been planting trees everywhere. Taking on the role of rural development.

Elenna101

Farmer
Currently I'm trying to collect most* of the clothing items in the game, while waiting on my pineapple plants to give me the pineapples I need to finish the last Special Order I haven't done and get perfection on my main file.
I'm also thinking of starting a new file to do perfection in 2 years (the minimum possible time), and also possibly a file where I create a farm design (which I designed in Stardew Planner) as fast as possible, probably before the end of summer year 1.

*Excluding living hat, because honestly I don't care enough to grind for that, and Emily's 14-heart event clothes because I'm married to Leah on that file. Also excluding a few boots that are only gotten from crates (although I might see if there's a way to make that less grindy using Blade's predictor) and the leprechaun boots from the train.

Trying to fish all the octopii out of the ocean during summer. Stupid squids.
Hey Octopii / Octopodes are not squids! You catch those during winter ;-) And be honest, you've gotta respect those Cephalopods for making you work for it, right? They've got skillz and you can't blame them for not wanting to get caught.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Hey Octopii / Octopodes are not squids! You catch those during winter ;-) And be honest, you've gotta respect those Cephalopods for making you work for it, right? They've got skillz and you can't blame them for not wanting to get caught.
I mean, I like the ones that hang out and just chill in the (many) fish tanks I have, but then you have the ones that are just jerks, and refuse to get into my fishing net. How rude.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I'm trying to do a few at once, getting the last of the artifacts, getting a full shipment, friending the last few villagers I dont have full hearts with (havent done the marriage thing yet, I plan to try the Krobus roommate route for giggles lol).
I just finished the full shipment. Some items made me cringe when I just tossed them in the bin. I was thinking about roommating with Krobus too. I'm a sucker for his super great smile.

I'd like to find every stardrop without using the Wiki, but I know I won't. lol

Worblehat

Planter
Current goal is just the quiet endgame grind for money, to get the clock and the remaining obelisks. Need a couple more Qi's Kindness or Qi's Cuisine quests to show up for the last of the crafting recipes. Need one more dragon tooth for the island obelisk (stingray pond will get it for me eventually). And I have to grind Skull Cavern for the damn slayer deeds, I mean Monster Eradication Goals. 🤢 Oh, and there are the last three legendary fish to try for, which will determine if Perfection is possible for me or not. The "I'm gonna need a bigger bar" strategy seems pretty effective so I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

Since my minimal lazy farm setup of 120 Ancient Fruit + the 8 fruit trees in the greenhouse is relatively slow at getting the additional ~$10 million I need, I'm grudgingly starting to be very slightly less lazy on Ginger Island. The beehive expansion is going well, and I even planted a few dozen starfruit. Planting outdoors, like a filthy Year 1 peasant! 😮

Recent threads have brought up the idea of doing a no-Ancient-Fruit run, because that really is no-brainer easy mode in this game. I find that intriguing, though I don't yet have any immediate plans to start a beach farm.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Since my minimal lazy farm setup of 120 Ancient Fruit + the 8 fruit trees in the greenhouse is relatively slow at getting the additional ~$10 million I need, I'm grudgingly starting to be very slightly less lazy on Ginger Island. The beehive expansion is going well, and I even planted a few dozen starfruit. Planting outdoors, like a filthy Year 1 peasant! 😮
Perhaps a few lava eel ponds would help? Or perhaps the truffle grind?

styles

Greenhorn
Trying to get that GD fossilized tail (the one where you pan in the river next to the Dig Site) so I can finish up golden walnuts and get a banana tree. I must have hit that river 30 times already :mad:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Dragon Teeth.

Apparently in my save all the Dragons ate sugary snacks and never brushed or flossed so of course they all DIED! Leaving behind copious corpses strewn about my path I now need to navigate around but never leaving a goshforsaken tooth amongst the mess!

Always brush your teeth, kids. For my sake.

Alternative version: Dragon Teeth gnomes are secretly combing the caves, scooping up all the teeth for their nefarious scheme to rule the world by recycling the oldest business scheme known to people gnomes:

1. Collect Dragon Teeth
2. ???
3. Profit!

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Always brush your teeth, kids. For my sake.
So that she can harvest your teeth when you're dead, kids.

Alternative version: Dragon Teeth gnomes are secretly combing the caves, scooping up all the teeth for their nafarious scheme to rule the world by recycling the oldest business scheme known to people gnomes:
It must be all the min-max gnomes who keep cave diving.

LRangerR

Local Legend
My current goal is to change the aesthetics of the valley. I've planted trees everywhere. Ninety five so far. But not just randomly. I'm landscaping, while keeping in mind NPC's paths and visit points. You should see my Fall. 🍁🍂:heart:
Did you repave the streets while you're at it? They're in need of maintenance.

Reactions: Tom