Four Corners Farm Prism's Stardrop Farm

imnvs

Local Legend
So, I've been hesitant to do one of these... but here goes:

This is technically my second solo farm, but my first was lost. I learned a lot on that first, though, and I applied that to this farm. With that in mind, I think I'm doing really well. I currently just got to Winter 4 Year 3.

Things of note to mention:
-I still have two more fish ponds to build, and you can see them down there in the SW quadrant. (Still not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of that quadrant.)
-The SE quadrant is (during greener seasons) usually full of grass for the 36 critters I got in those buildings.
-The 4 sheds in the NE quadrant? One has all of my crafting stuff in there (furnaces, kilns, recyclers, looms, seed makers, chests, workbench). One has 132 kegs. One has 132 preserves jars. One has 66 kegs and 66 preserves jars, called my "Small Batch Shed". Things I produce en masse go to the sheds with 132 kegs or preserves jars, but the rest gets processed in that last shed.
-The NW quadrant recently had the shed added, and an image of the interior of that shed (dubbed my vanity shed) is included. I'm not sure if I want to do that one 1/2 and 1/2, or some other ratio.

(Screenies taken before doing any work around the farm on that day.)
74279107_11-28-2020_55197057.png74279107_11-28-2020_55135872.png74279107_11-28-2020_56423672.png

(Also note that questions about things that are not common knowledge or about endgame content, remember to use a spoiler, folks.)

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
My current goals include:

-Monster Eradication goals (still have 7 of left to go)
-Master Angler (Dorado, Octopus, Pufferfish, Crimsonfish and Legend are all I have left to go there)
-Remember to actually go do what I am instructed to do per Secret Note #13 (I've had this note since about as soon as you can find secret notes... and I always forget).

Your farm looks great! What about other endgame goals? Have you gotten to level 100 in Skull Cavern? What about the Community Center (or Joja?) Have you finished the museum?

imnvs

Local Legend
Your farm looks great! What about other endgame goals? Have you gotten to level 100 in Skull Cavern? What about the Community Center (or Joja?) Have you finished the museum?
I have actually finished the museum, Community Center (and the Missing Bundle), and gotten to 100 in the Skull Cavern. I have gotten married, but still need 2 kids. (That's one I keep putting off.) I have Full Shipment, Monoculture, and Polyculture too. I also still need to do more "Help Wanted" quests to get the 2nd achievement for that (I'm only about half way, refusing to go way out of my way and only picking the quests that I can do quickly by stopping at home, grabbing the thing, and dropping it off).

imnvs

Local Legend
So... uh... I had plenty of time to play today and I completed some monster eradication goals.

Completed:
Slimes
Void Spirits
Bats
Skeletons
Bugs
Duggy
Dust Sprite
Rock Crabs
Remaining:
Mummy
Pepper Rex
Serpent

Boo1972

Farmer
I like it, especially the mushroom trees! Congrats on making progress on your monster eradication goals. I’m nowhere near that far

imnvs

Local Legend
I like it, especially the mushroom trees!
See, that patch of mushroom trees has been going since Fall Year 1. I just closed out Fall Year 3... and they still haven't filled in the spots I want, so I can cut the rest down, put in some path to prevent further growth, and then tap all of them. That's something about which I guess I have to be patient.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Woo! I went fishing at the Night Market and caught the octopus I need! Only 4 more to go for Master Angler! I have no more fish for winter to catch, so now I'm waiting on spring... which is when the real work begins. The only fish I need to catch during that season is literally the hardest to catch in the game. Then 3 in the summer. At least I don't have to worry about those until those seasons, though.

Also, been getting the rest of my fish ponds built. The 8th and final, where the octopus will go, is under construction. In the others I have flounder, midnight carp and midnight squid for seafoam pudding ingredients, along with sturgeon, lava eel, blobfish and ice pip. (You can see these in the SW quadrant, screenie taken beginning of day.)

My "vanity shed" (screenie taken same day but later, because I didn't think to take one right away) is also half full of crystallariums now, too, 64 of them all producing diamonds. I was thinking of going 1/2 crystallariums and 1/2 statues of endless convenience... but it's a lot easier to just make crystallariums, so I may go 3/4 and 1/4. Those statues take a while to save up for. 15 is a good start, though. 😁

Attachments

Last edited:

estewanini

Sodbuster
One has 132 kegs. One has 132 preserves jars. One has 66 kegs and 66 preserves jars, called my "Small Batch Shed". Things I produce en masse go to the sheds with 132 kegs or preserves jars, but the rest gets processed in that last shed.
I see what you mean by investing in perks that gather much much resources now.

Woo! I went fishing at the Night Market and caught the octopus I need! Only 4 more to go for Master Angler! I have no more fish for winter to catch, so now I'm waiting on spring... which is when the real work begins. The only fish I need to catch during that season is literally the hardest to catch in the game. Then 3 in the summer. At least I don't have to worry about those until those seasons, though.

Also, been getting the rest of my fish ponds built. The 8th and final, where the octopus will go, is under construction. In the others I have flounder, midnight carp and midnight squid for seafoam pudding ingredients, along with sturgeon, lava eel, blobfish and ice pip. (You can see these in the SW quadrant, screenie taken beginning of day.)

My "vanity shed" (screenie taken same day but later, because I didn't think to take one right away) is also half full of crystallariums now, too, 64 of them all producing diamonds. I was thinking of going 1/2 crystallariums and 1/2 statues of endless convenience... but it's a lot easier to just make crystallariums, so I may go 3/4 and 1/4. Those statues take a while to save up for. 15 is a good start, though. 😁
Wow! You’re really getting stuff done 😃 Anyway, what are the last fish you need to catch? I’m guessing the pufferfish, eel, and some other fish (because they are the hardest, I think)? Also, great farm layout. Very effiecent!

Dr. eeL

Farmer
Hi Prism,
It is mid summer and I just caught a pufferfish from the ocean in front of Willy's shack. It put up a decent fight, but not half as bad as some other types of fish that I have caught.

imnvs

Local Legend
Wow! You’re really getting stuff done 😃 Anyway, what are the last fish you need to catch? I’m guessing the pufferfish, eel, and some other fish (because they are the hardest, I think)? Also, great farm layout. Very effiecent!
Pufferfish indeed, though I did catch an eel already. The only other non-legendary I need is a dorado. I know it's not the hardest, but just by chance I missed it and now have to wait until summer to actually shoot for catching one of them.

After that it's just Legend and Crimsonfish.

And thank you for the compliment about the layout. 😊

imnvs

Local Legend
So... mixed news:

First, the annoying: I found out that as I grew, I discovered that 24 lightning rods was not quite enough. A few things have been hit recently, so I added another "lightning array" of 8 rods surrounding a light source... but 4 groups of that couldn't fit where I had tucked them, so I had to move them. Now I don't know what I'll be doing with that space. Maybe, come winter when I'm not trying to grow anything, I can redesign my garden plots, slide stuff over, expand a little? We'll see.

Then the awesome news! I just collected the last possible stardrop! Master Angler achieved! Now what do I do with the 5 (gold quality all of them) legendary fish? Keep them in the fridge forever? I mean... I suppose I could sell them, but I don't need that money. I wish I could display them in something like the grange display case from the fair, but on my farm.

Hold up. New idea! Off to the suggestions section!

Odin

Staff member
Then the awesome news! I just collected the last possible stardrop! Master Angler achieved! Now what do I do with the 5 (gold quality all of them) legendary fish? Keep them in the fridge forever? I mean... I suppose I could sell them, but I don't need that money. I wish I could display them in something like the grange display case from the fair, but on my farm.
Congrats on getting all the stardrops! I'd definitely recommend keeping them as trophies of a sort, I have the legendary fish displayed in my house on end tables. Fortunately the concept of smell doesn't exist in the game :dizzy:

shurpresa

Tiller
So... mixed news:

First, the annoying: I found out that as I grew, I discovered that 24 lightning rods was not quite enough. A few things have been hit recently, so I added another "lightning array" of 8 rods surrounding a light source... but 4 groups of that couldn't fit where I had tucked them, so I had to move them. Now I don't know what I'll be doing with that space. Maybe, come winter when I'm not trying to grow anything, I can redesign my garden plots, slide stuff over, expand a little? We'll see.

Hold up. New idea! Off to the suggestions section!
Congrats of that master angler achiv!!

The quality of the legendary fish is totally random right? Is there anyone who has an iridium legendary fish? (without mods ofc)

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, to get any fish at iridium quality requires a perfect catch... and with the legendary fish, that would be a tall order but still theoretically possible. Otherwise, the quality is determined by depth of water and fishing skill level, as far as I know, and not actually random.