Unofficial mod updates

pearlsheepy

Cowpoke
Does anyone have an update for Adopt'n'Skin? A number of us are having issues where skins won't load. Pulled from someone else with the same issue, but this is the error message I get. Supposedly this needs an update to fix, and the one released on 5/18/22 did nothing.

?[Adopt & Skin] This mod failed in the GameLoop.SaveLoaded event. Technical details:
SContentLoadException: Adopt & Skin failed loading content asset 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Mods/AdoptSkin/assets/skins/BlueChicken/BabyBlueChicken_1.png' from ModFolder.
---> ArgumentException: The asset key must not be an absolute path.
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ContentHelper.AssertAndNormalizeAssetName(String key) in SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ContentHelper.cs:line 223
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ContentHelper.Load[T](String key, ContentSource source) in SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ContentHelper.cs:line 117
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ContentHelper.Load[T](String key, ContentSource source) in SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ContentHelper.cs:line 143
at AdoptSkin.Framework.SaveLoadHandler.PullSprite(String path) in C:\Users\katey\Documents\GitHub\GitHub Versions\Adopt-Skin\AdoptSkin\Framework\SaveLoadHandler.cs:line 452
at AdoptSkin.Framework.SaveLoadHandler.LoadAssets() in C:\Users\katey\Documents\GitHub\GitHub Versions\Adopt-Skin\AdoptSkin\Framework\SaveLoadHandler.cs:line 383
at AdoptSkin.Framework.SaveLoadHandler.Setup(Object sender, SaveLoadedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\katey\Documents\GitHub\GitHub Versions\Adopt-Skin\AdoptSkin\Framework\SaveLoadHandler.cs:line 78
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(Action`2 invoke, Func`2 match) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 139

Lord Dracon

Cowpoke

Could someone fix this mod? the Upgraded Jars can't do Roe to Aged Roe or Sturgeon Roe to Caviar and I don't know how to fix it

Mizzion

Tiller
Yeah, that's the one I'm using currently.
What does close source mean?
It means that we can't access the source of the mod, so we can't update it and send in the updates to the owner of the mod. Some people will decompile the mod no matter what and still update it, but I stay away from infringing on a persons closed source mods.

Wonder1and

Newcomer
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have the extra portrait files for Elliott and Sandy from the hidden SVO mod? I just want lumendelumine's portrait versions of Elliott and Poltergeister's versions of Sandy. I'm pretty sure I can just change out the png files on DSV to make it work. Thank you to anyone that could help.

Edit: I was able to find both under extra files on Moddrop for DSV!

Last edited:

Amy

Greenhorn
It means that we can't access the source of the mod, so we can't update it and send in the updates to the owner of the mod. Some people will decompile the mod no matter what and still update it, but I stay away from infringing on a persons closed source mods.
Oh, I see. Well, thanks for looking at it at least.

hacker1996

Newcomer
I don't think I'd seen anything about an issue with golden chickens. I can give it a look, though. My update shouldn't have changes anything one way or another in that regard.

ETA: Alright, golden chickens weren't in the list of vanilla animals so should be good now.
Bfav mod doesn’t work on macos .I installed the unofficial Paritee's better farm animal variety update and the shop tile framework, in addition to some BFAV animals. I can buy some of them from Marnie, but then overnight, they will turn into ducks, chickens, and COWS. I didn't see any errors in my log when I go to sleep at night.

renstatic

Newcomer
hey so I'm using smapi and recently it has been saying

"[SMAPI] Found 55 mods with warnings:
[SMAPI] Skipped mods
[SMAPI] --------------------------------------------------
[SMAPI] These mods could not be added to your game.

[SMAPI] - Custom Furniture 0.12.0 because its DLL 'CustomFurniture.dll' doesn't exist.
[SMAPI] - Custom Furniture 0.12.0 because its DLL 'CustomFurniture.dll' doesn't exist.

[SMAPI] - [CF] SweetHeart Furniture 1.0.0 because it needs the 'Custom Furniture' mod, which couldn't be loaded.
[SMAPI] - Fairy Garden Decorations for CF 1.2.0 because it needs the 'Custom Furniture' mod, which couldn't be loaded."

As you can see it has been interfering with my other mods too and i'm unsure if i had downloaded it wrong or not. I tried downloading the unofficial version but it's still saying the same thing. Does anyone have any clue what could help? Thank you

Lord Dracon

Cowpoke
could someone update this? I can't get the seeds at all and it never unlocked the recipes like the description says it should