Unofficial mod updates

nanaXD

Newcomer
hi, im using the unofficial update for pytk and tmxloader. i can't load into any of my saves because when i click load it freezes and i'm forced to close it. i waited a few minutes last time and it remained that way, i saw some people on nexus saying they're experiencing the same issue. does anyone know the cause? :(
same issue here :(

ShadowOnyx

Newcomer
Hey there everyone! I found my way here after doing some digging around... I believe I have everything done the way it is supposed to be, but I am hitting a constant loading screen after the two opening cut scenes. I will throw up my logs... Maybe someone can tell me what I have going on wrong?

Edit: I am using the unofficial stuff posted previously for the stuff not up to date officially.

Seongminnie

Newcomer
Lambeeron's Oversized Sleeves no longer works with the latest version of content patcher is it possible to get an unofficial update for it??

Tyrian

Newcomer
Skill Prestige Mod (plus addons)

My first attempt at doing an unofficial update of anything. These are the Skill Prestige Mod and its three addons for Cooking, Luck, and Magic skills by Spacechase. Currently, you have to get Luck and Magic off Spacechase's Discord I believe.

If you set the UI scale crazy high, it might render offscreen? I haven't really "updated" it so much as grabbed the latest pull request version, moved up the dependencies and recompiled it. Works for me though, and I figured there might be someone else out there who's tearing their hair out. Unfortunately, I don't have a very recent save to test on, so it might be the case that it loses previous prestige points from 1.4 versions.
The skillprestige addon for the cooking skill no longer works properly. The cooking skill itself works fine and the professions you choose at level 5 and level 10 work. The skillprestige UI also works fine. The professions you add with the skill prestige UI, however, do not apply. E.g. if you choose to add the profession "Professional Chef" that is supposed to make all cooked food at least silver quality, the food you cook will still be regular quality.
SMAPI log

Strangely, the skillprestige addon for the luck skill still works fine.

otaviojulian

Newcomer
Some Plato mods. Updated by Pathos and compiled by me
Pathos' PR: https://github.com/Platonymous/Stardew-Valley-Mods/pull/120

these updates are exclusively for the 1.5.5 beta version

Contains PyTK, TMXLoader, Portraiture, Custom Furniture, Harp of Yoba Redux, Custom Music

Edit: Thanks david.rysk#6608 on Discord for Custom Music.
Hey, i know this is a few months old, but for some reason the Custom Furniture mod won't allow me to put anything on top of tables.
I don't know if this is an already addressed issue, but it's been happening to me with any custom furniture I try putting on top of other custom furnitures.
It just disappears, as if it's being put under the tables.

Drullo321

Sodbuster
Some Plato mods. Updated by Pathos and compiled by me
Pathos' PR: https://github.com/Platonymous/Stardew-Valley-Mods/pull/120

these updates are exclusively for the 1.5.5 beta version
Thank you for your work. I encountered extremely increased loading times by using this unofficial PyTK 1.22.9 port together with SpaceCore, i wrote a detailled "bug report" here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1348?tab=posts . SMAPI doesn't produce warnings/errors for this issue

I don't know if an official game update after 1.5.5 beta caused the problem because this is a fresh and otherwise working 1.5.6 steam install.

Using the same mods a year ago for the 32-bit SV version didn't cause issues. Also hardware should be decent enough to run (Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, SSD, etc.), as anything else is nearly instant.

Sobadx

Newcomer
hi, im using the unofficial update for pytk and tmxloader. i can't load into any of my saves because when i click load it freezes and i'm forced to close it. i waited a few minutes last time and it remained that way, i saw some people on nexus saying they're experiencing the same issue. does anyone know the cause? :(
If your steam version of SDV is 1.5.6 then it breaks the PyTK and are unable to play any mods that use it (SDVE) for example. I don't know how to rollback the steam version of SDV to 1.5.5 in order to play if anyone know hit me up please.

EDIT: im just an idiot lol if it freezes just dont click anything and wait for a min and it should work

Last edited:

Dark2Dawn

Newcomer
THE HARP OF YOBA IS BAAAACK!!!! Man I thought I was gonna have to throw away my old game file. It's really helped me get around when I got some sheet music from Marlon.

Though it's still saying that it's not updated for some reason. Maybe there's a problem with SMAPI itself?

Pathoschild

Planter

Attachments

NormanPCN

Cowpoke
I'm kinda wondering what broke in Stardew Hack 5.2 WRT Stardew 1.5.5/6.
I just started getting SMAPI update notices for this unofficial update.

For what I have it works. Harvest with Scythe 5.5, Bigger Backpack 5.0 and Stardew Hack 5.2.

yasarra

Farmhand
Would it be possible to get an unofficial update for One Silo Storage? It apparently hasn't worked since August and several people have posted in the bugs section.

candidus

Farmhand
Here is another unofficial update for ChildToNPC.

Changes since 1.2.1-unofficial.5-candidus42:
  • No more ghost children
  • Schedules work as expected, children no longer walk in random circles in the bus stop area
Please note that you will get an error when loading the game on rainy days: It seems that an NPC can't be loaded on the first attempt.
Although this looks bad the game can recover from that and you should be able to play as usual.

Source code on GitHub.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

angelicboy

Tiller
The latest unofficial update for PYTK doesn't work for me, I think my stardew is running 1.5.6 now. Anyone have a fix for this?

Fireside

Greenhorn
Here is another unofficial update for ChildToNPC.

Changes since 1.2.1-unofficial.5-candidus42:
  • No more ghost children
  • Schedules work as expected, children no longer walk in random circles in the bus stop area
Please note that you will get an error when loading the game on rainy days: It seems that an NPC can't be loaded on the first attempt.
Although this looks bad the game can recover from that and you should be able to play as usual.

Source code on GitHub.

Enjoy!
Long time lurker, registered just to post about this unofficial ChildToNPC update. For me, the game is not recovering when attempting to leave the farmhouse on a rainy day.
At first it crashed as soon as I tried to leave the farm, but I then realized I had one other mod installed. So I removed that mod, leaving Content Patcher and the handful that come with SMAPI as the only other mods installed. Launching the game with this configuration resulted in leaving the farmhouse with no issue but ~6 seconds later it crashed without recovering yet again. I'm on version 1.5.6.

I'm more than happy to offer help figuring out why if I can (my save will be sitting without progress for at least a few days) by testing various things or uploading logs if I can.