Unofficial mod updates

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
If the mod incorporated this segment of code (as shown in your linked page) in its then version can't it simply be replaced with the raw data of 1.5.1 to give it the matching values for each crop?
It could, but there is some randomness to the logic, the quantities are not just fixed values, so I'd need to know how this is currently implemented - the calculation to determine the quantity of harvested crop itself, which is what currently always returns the minimum harvest value. Without knowing that, any changes would be just a speculation on how the game operates.

If anyone knows the rules the game uses to determine how many crops will be harvested - Even if it's not code, just a knowledgeable observation of how this system works - I could implement it in code. I know the game, but not deep enough to know these details.

My guess is that the higher your farmer level, the more crops you can get, up to the maxHarvest determined by the crop data, so for example: a level 10 farmer can get from 1 to 3 berries, while a level 5 farmer can get from 1 to 2 - and that maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel will only show the ratio of increment, but is not used anymore. So the 0 value of maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel for Coffee beans makes sense in this case, as both minHarvest and maxHarvest are 4 (Checked that during development), so there's no possible increase from Farming Level.

But again, I'm not sure if it's really like this in the base game, any tips will be helpful! I'm listing all the potential fixes and ideas, to work more on it next week.

Pathoschild

Planter
Skill Prestige Mod (plus addons)

My first attempt at doing an unofficial update of anything. These are the Skill Prestige Mod and its three addons for Cooking, Luck, and Magic skills by Spacechase. Currently, you have to get Luck and Magic off Spacechase's Discord I believe.

If you set the UI scale crazy high, it might render offscreen? I haven't really "updated" it so much as grabbed the latest pull request version, moved up the dependencies and recompiled it. Works for me though, and I figured there might be someone else out there who's tearing their hair out. Unfortunately, I don't have a very recent save to test on, so it might be the case that it loses previous prestige points from 1.4 versions.
Thanks! Here's the same update, I just fixed the version numbers and removed files like config.json that shouldn't be in the release.

I didn't create these unofficial updates! See the quoted post if you have any issues with them.

Attachments

Last edited:

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
The default branch is the original mod code, which hasn't been updated since 2018. Make sure you choose the update-code branch instead; you can also check the pull request in the parent repository, which will link to the correct branch. If you made any changes to the code, you can also submit a pull request to that branch in my repository, and once it's merged it'll automatically be added to my already-open pull request (with credit).
I'll get that one and work from it when I get back! :)

I gave it a quick look, it seems to already have the same fix I did for the maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel but would still require updates to avoid issues with golden walnuts. I'll clone it and make those changes, as well as try to implement some other fixes we're discussing here.

Pathoschild

Planter
Second update for Daily Task Report. I've added crop checking on the West Island.

The mod will now look for:
  • un-watered crops
  • un-harvested crops
  • dead crops
  • fruit trees with fruits
on the West Island.
Thanks! Here's the same update, but with a corrected version to fix update alerts.

I didn't create this unofficial update! See the quoted post if you have any issues with it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pathoschild

Planter
And that is why you do not make release files after midnight. :happy:

Here is a package with a more realistic SMAPI version.
Thanks! Here's the same update, but with a corrected version to fix update alerts (see unofficial version convention).

I didn't create this unofficial update! See the quoted post if you have any issues with it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pathoschild

Planter
I basically recompiled the code. This is my first time doing this, but I believe it worked. You can give it a try.
Thanks! Here's the same update, but with a corrected version to fix update alerts (see unofficial version convention).

Attachments

Last edited:

Pathoschild

Planter

Attachments

Last edited:

Ivor_Amlug

Greenhorn
Yes, something isn't working for animal related mods. I think BFAV may be working thanks to Strobe but the mods that are actually adding the animals need to update to use the unofficial update by Strobe.
I can confirm so marnies shop is working for me. why u ask? Because i dont use any BFAV "addons" that affect marnies shop instead i used on that affects the dinosaurs. So marnies shop works BUT now if i breed a dinosaur i cant name it the okay button doesnt work.
It tried with this mod:https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4015?tab=description&BH=1
I asked him/her if it would be possible to fix it.
So i guess we have to wait until the "addons" are updatet.

Last edited:

bukopi

Greenhorn
I fixed/updated the mod Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion for All Friend-able Characters:
- fixed error in content.json
- moved Egg Festival dialogue of year 2 to year 4 to avoid conflict with new official year 2 dialogue
- light testing for character dialogues
- reformatting and validtaion of json files

V2:
- reverted the change of moving egg festival dialogue to year 4 since the game seem to force official year 2 dialogue of egg festival every two years (2,4,6 etc.). The modded year 2 dialogue of egg festival can randomly appear after year 3.
thank you so much for this!!

geekgirl101

Cowpoke
Nevermind found it, 829 is ginger. I think that's the only new foraging item.

I can't remember right now but I think it doesn't work on the coral on the new island. But neither does the harvest scythe. I'm not sure what that means or if it's even related but if u know I would appreciate the info
Magma Cap and Golden Coconuts are also forageables.

Wouldn't that be the Golden Coconuts? When I was searching yesterday I found 73 to be the Walnut, the Coconuts fortunately don't spawn in bushes so they wouldn't be affected by the mod I guess.
Golden Walnuts are from foraging too even though they technically aren't a forage item since they don't appear in the inventory like Golden Coconuts.