Unofficial mod updates

LadyMuse15

Greenhorn
Re: DeluxeGrabber 2.5.3.unofficial.5.frogfrag update

This is wonderful! Thank you! Though I wish I could change the location of the grabber and chest (using automate), so that it coincides with the Tree Shaker mod. I don't want to go to the desert until I actually fix the bus since I'm doing a new playthrough for the new map. I've tried changing it on my own, but I don't know enough to figure it out.
You can change the location easily in the config file.

This is what mine looks like. You can place your grabber anywhere just change the forage tiles and map....

"GrabberRange": 999,
"DoGlobalForage": true,
"DoHarvestTruffles": true,
"DoHarvestCrops": true,
"DoHarvestFlowers": true,
"DoHarvestFruitTrees": true,
"DoHarvestFarmCave": true,
"DoGainExperience": true,
"GlobalForageTileX": 21,
"GlobalForageTileY": 21,
"GlobalForageMap": "Backwoods"

fortyseven

Tiller
The DivideByZero Exception is caused by the maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel property of the Crop object being returned as 0 for Coffee beans and perhaps other Crops too. I don't know the previous version values (if anyone knows, let me know), so right now I've changed it so it either uses the existing value or, if it is zero, reverts to 1. This Exception literally stops the processing of the grabber on the start of each day, hence why we didn't get all the fruits from trees or forageable items, but still got a few.
This update is a great improvement. However, the coffee issue still remains in a different form. It is now only collecting single beans from harvastable plants instead of 4, which means it is essentially not useful for harvesting coffee, a real bummer for me as I have a lot of coffee plants in garden pots. Do you think it has to do with the Crop object number?

le duc manh

Newcomer
Hey guys!

I'm sorry for showing up just now, I've been trying to get my account validated since yesterday hahaha.

I've been following @Strobe and Deluxe Auto-grabber and I managed to get it to work with 1.5 without the need to replant any crops, with Global Forage set to ON and without causing issues with Golden Walnuts, I've uploaded my version below, it uses the source from here: https://github.com/Pathoschild/smapi-mod-dump/tree/1a8bafc1b62b8cb99f59384a0e9679366339803e/source/Deluxe%20Auto-Grabber/DeluxeGrabber

TL/DR:
-This version will not cause the DivideByZero Exception and will work 100% to collect global forage, it will not attempt to collect Golden Walnuts in the Island maps.
-This version does not yet attempt to grab new items from 1.5, if you guys could provide me a list of new item Id's of the new forageable items, I'd be glad to make this update.

I'd like to get in touch with @Strobe to make sure I'm using the same source he's using and collaborate to fully update the Mod, if you get this, PM me plz :)

Long story/Technical details:
-The DivideByZero Exception is caused by the maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel property of the Crop object being returned as 0 for Coffee beans and perhaps other Crops too. I don't know the previous version values (if anyone knows, let me know), so right now I've changed it so it either uses the existing value or, if it is zero, reverts to 1. This Exception literally stops the processing of the grabber on the start of each day, hence why we didn't get all the fruits from trees or forageable items, but still got a few.

-The Golden Walnuts are collected from a Bush Object, the original mod author coded Bushes to be collected when blooming, but made the types of berries static in code, so, in Sping, it collects Salmonberries, and in Fall, it collects Blackberries. However, this causes an issue with the new Golden Walnuts, because they are also collected from Bushes (the first one you get and a few others) but are neither Salmonberries nor Blackberries. If you are in either Spring or Fall, the previous code would just create the respective berry in your global grabber and delete the Walnut - So some of your Berries would actually be the Golden Walnut. - In case you already played in 1.5 with your savefile, you cannot get the Walnuts to be placed back, however, you can spawn them with CJB Item Spawner or, if you want, get a previous save from 1.4.5 and load into that one, your Golden Walnuts will be correctly in place when using this version of Deluxe Auto-Grabber.

I hope this can be helpful and I'd like to get your feedback, I plan on updating the mod to gather the new items and work better with the Islands, but for now, this will be functional.
Wow , you did a great work here . i'm just wondering , since i'm pretty new to the game , can you explaning how is your mod work ( like how many title did it forage , does it need other modder to be able to work , etc .. ) , I would be really appreciate ( forgive me if my question seem too dumb ) . Thank you !

Candlejack

Greenhorn
This update is a great improvement. However, the coffee issue still remains in a different form. It is now only collecting single beans from harvastable plants instead of 4, which means it is essentially not useful for harvesting coffee, a real bummer for me as I have a lot of coffee plants in garden pots. Do you think it has to do with the Crop object number?
Iirc that issue happens with any crop which yields more than 1. e.g. Strawberry, Blueberry, Cranberry, Coffee etc. (Did not test the newest version with the -berries)
And if im not mistaken that issue exists atleast since January 2019.
I might be going out on a limb here, but i think Deluxe Autograbber never worked with multiple yield crops.
Just fyi :smile:

2xpeter

Cowpoke
Iirc that issue happens with any crop which yields more than 1. e.g. Strawberry, Blueberry, Cranberry, Coffee etc. (Did not test the newest version with the -berries)
And if im not mistaken that issue exists atleast since January 2019.
I might be going out on a limb here, but i think Deluxe Autograbber never worked with multiple yield crops.
Just fyi :smile:
Yeah I think that was always a bug with autograbber that needed to be fixed.

Coffee seems easy enough to replace the value with 4 but for strawberries and such, that might be much harder

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
I'm sure it has to do with it. In my game it does collect more than 1, sometimes 2 and other times 3. I will dig deeper next week to make sure I fix it properly, I actually need to find the previous values that this property could have, then it would be possible to at least make a workaround for items from previous saves.

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
Wow , you did a great work here . i'm just wondering , since i'm pretty new to the game , can you explaning how is your mod work ( like how many title did it forage , does it need other modder to be able to work , etc .. ) , I would be really appreciate ( forgive me if my question seem too dumb ) . Thank you !
Hey there!

It's not actually my mod, it's just an unofficial update for stokastic's mod. The official page is this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2462?tab=description

There you'll find more detailed information about it, as and how to install and use. The only thing I did was fix it so it doesn't break the game on version 1.5.

The mod itself mainly collects items throughout the many maps for you, automating some tasks that would require you to visit each location manually, and then places these items into an Auto-Grabber machine.

millsj13

Sodbuster
1.5 unofficial update for Personal Combat Drone. Lightly tested on Windows. I have not used this mod before but it seemed to do as its name implied. :smile: Seems to work in the new Caves.
I know that I am behind just a little, but when did smapi 8 come out? Just a joke, except that I am getting this:
[SMAPI] - MURDER DRONE 0.0.6-unofficial.1-prism99 because it needs SMAPI 8.0.0 or later. Please update SMAPI to the latest version to use this mod.

Frogfrag

Greenhorn
Yeah I think that was always a bug with autograbber that needed to be fixed.

Coffee seems easy enough to replace the value with 4 but for strawberries and such, that might be much harder
I know where it tries to determine the quantity of items to harvest, but a lot more testing will be needed to determine what the values should be. This page is the best reference I've found so far, it includes the snipped of the code that is precisely the one that caused the error in the mod - It's my understanding that the original mod author used that code intentionally to make Deluxe Auto-Grabber have the exact same behaviour as the base game. However, the page seems to be out of date and therefore, the mod code is too.

This text can be found in the page and is probably why the mod is only able to harvest 1 crop:

"Therefore, as of v1.2, only 3 seeds always give more than one crop per harvest, and that number is equal to the minHarvest:
  • Coffee Bean (433) -- 4 Beans
  • Blueberry Seeds (481) -- 3 Blueberries
  • Cranberry Seeds (493) -- 2 Cranberries"
This seems to indicate that this code was fixed in the base game after 1.2, but not in Deluxe Auto-Grabber (since there have been only version compatibility updates since 2018).

KickAshe

Farmhand
I know that I am behind just a little, but when did smapi 8 come out? Just a joke, except that I am getting this:
[SMAPI] - MURDER DRONE 0.0.6-unofficial.1-prism99 because it needs SMAPI 8.0.0 or later. Please update SMAPI to the latest version to use this mod.
I just edited the version of SMAPI in the manifest text file and it was good to go.

fortyseven

Tiller
I know where it tries to determine the quantity of items to harvest, but a lot more testing will be needed to determine what the values should be. This page is the best reference I've found so far, it includes the snipped of the code that is precisely the one that caused the error in the mod - It's my understanding that the original mod author used that code intentionally to make Deluxe Auto-Grabber have the exact same behaviour as the base game. However, the page seems to be out of date and therefore, the mod code is too.
If the mod incorporated this segment of code (as shown in your linked page) in its then version can't it simply be replaced with the raw data of 1.5.1 to give it the matching values for each crop?

Pathoschild

Planter
I think I used another source: https://github.com/Pathoschild/CoopGrabber this one is much older! You might have gotten a better source code, actually!
The default branch is the original mod code, which hasn't been updated since 2018. Make sure you choose the update-code branch instead; you can also check the pull request in the parent repository, which will link to the correct branch. If you made any changes to the code, you can also submit a pull request to that branch in my repository, and once it's merged it'll automatically be added to my already-open pull request (with credit).

hoshi

Greenhorn
Hello, would it be possible to update this?

Replacing the xnb doesn't work either - that's something I already tried prior to asking.
I neglected to mention since I had removed to try to the original mod, but I get this error in SMAPI:

[Content Patcher] Mod crashed when loading asset 'Maps\Shed'. SMAPI will use the default asset instead. Error details:
StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Exceptions.SContentLoadException: Huge Sheds Redux loaded map 'assets\Normal' with invalid tilesheet path 'assets\townInterior'. The tilesheet couldn't be found relative to either map file or the game's content folder.
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.ModContentManager.FixTilesheetPaths(Map map, String relativeMapPath) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\ModContentManager.cs:line 286
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.ModContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language, Boolean useCache) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\ModContentManager.cs:line 130
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ContentHelper.Load[T](String key, ContentSource source) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ContentHelper.cs:line 92
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.LoadAsset[T](String key) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 99
at ContentPatcher.Framework.Patches.LoadPatch.Load[T](IAssetInfo asset) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\Patches\LoadPatch.cs:line 40
at ContentPatcher.Framework.PatchManager.Load[T](IAssetInfo asset) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\PatchManager.cs:line 148
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.ApplyLoader[T](IAssetInfo info) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 302

maineiac

Tiller
And that is why you do not make release files after midnight. :happy:

Here is a package with a more realistic SMAPI version.
And happily the drone seems to be working, which is a huge YAY from me, altho when I load the game, SMAPI tells me the Murder Drone mod can be updated at Nexus ... except the version at Nexus doesn't appear to have been updated--last update was in Sep 2019, I think. Very weird. Thank you for getting it to work, tho, regardless of what SMAPI tells me. :happy: