Unofficial mod updates

Pathoschild

Planter
I've updated Informant with latest 1.6 API and some added features;
Informant
PR: https://github.com/slothsoft/stardew-informant/pull/91
Repo: https://github.com/gottyduke/stardew-informant
Although it seems unlikely that slothsoft will respond to the PR, I've started working on new features, checkout them out here:
Release: https://github.com/gottyduke/stardew-informant/releases/tag/1.6.0

Here's a zip of the latest snapshot(s):
(I don't update here often, be sure to checkout the github release)

Let me know if something breaks, preferably on github.

The mod is also posted on Nexusmods:
Thanks! Here's the same update, but I fixed the version number convention to avoid breaking update alerts for the official mod. Feel free to post new versions which increment the unofficial version (e.g. -unofficial.2, -unofficial.3, etc).

Attachments

Pathoschild

Planter
Here's Luck Skill by spacechase0, updated for Stardew Valley 1.6 by Nykal145. This reupload just fixes the version number convention (to avoid breaking update alerts for the official mod) and removes the unofficial update key (to avoid players downloading the build with the incorrect version number).

Attachments

Last edited:

Zydar C.

Tiller
I believe that is an issue with most pre v1.6 cellar mods. I'm using another one right now, and the creator released an update to fix that. Acerbicon seems be occupied with updating their mods, so it's possible the Ace's Expanded Cellars (Content Patcher) mod will eventually be updated for 1.6 with the necessary fix. In the meantime, you can try using other cellar expansion mods. But if you want to keep on using Ace's Expanded Cellars, then I would recommend the (slightly cheaty) Noclip Mode mod.

sakialyn

Farmhand
You have been working on conversions too, do you have any idea how to handle the ja products? Because now my animals work perfectly, but they all drop error signs instead of the specific products
Hey there! I've been doing some testing myself on how to convert the products and I think I got it.

Under each animal entry you'll find the items they produce:
"ItemId": "Name of animal product" (only change it if it has a name. If it has a number, it's referring to a vanilla asset)

Change it to something like this:
"ItemId": "(UniqueID from the Manifest)_(Item name with no spaces)"
example: "ItemId": "sakialyn.BFAVconversion_SuperAwesomeItem"

Then at the very bottom, after the animal sprites, add the below. This will give CP the specifics of the item:

{
"LogName": "Load data for (Item name with spaces)",
"Action": "EditData",
"Target": "Data/Objects",
"Entries": {
"(UniqueID from the Manifest)_(Item name with no spaces)": {
"Name": "(UniqueID from the Manifest)_(Item name with no spaces)",
"DisplayName": "(Item name with spaces)",
"Description": "(Copy the description over, you can find this in the object.json for each product)",
"Type": "objects",
"Category": (Honestly, I do not know which numbers correspond to which categories, so this might require some trial and error to find the right one.)
"Price": (Price for the product),
"Texture": "(UniqueID from the Manifest)/(Item name with no spaces)",
"SpriteIndex": 0,
"Edibility": (You can find this in the object.json for each product),
"IsDrink": false,
"Buffs": null,
"GeodeDropsDefaultItems": false,
"GeodeDrops": null,
"ArtifactSpotChances": null,
"ExcludeFromFishingCollection": false,
"ExcludeFromShippingCollection": false,
"ExcludeFromRandomSale": false,
"ContextTags":null,
"CustomFields": null
}
}
},

I've been adding in each product this way, and once you have them all, underneath you will add the below. This will tell CP where to load the sprites:

{
"LogName": "Load Object Sprites for (Item name with spaces)",
"Action": "Load",
"Target": "(UniqueID from the Manifest)/(Item name with no spaces)",
"FromFile": "assets/(whatever you named the sprite).png"
},

As an example:

{
"LogName": "Load data for Super Awesome Item",
"sakialyn.BFAVconversion_SuperAwesomeItem": {
"Name": "sakialyn.BFAVconversion_SuperAwesomeItem",
"DisplayName": "Super Awesome Item",
"Description": "Item is so awesome, it's a game breaker.",
"Category": -18
"Price": 9000,
"Texture": "sakialyn.BFAVconversion/SuperAwesomeItem",
"Edibility": 50,
}
}
},
{
"LogName": "Load Object Sprites for Super Awesome Item",
"Target": "sakialyn.BFAVconversion/SuperAwesomeItem",
"FromFile": "assets/SuperAwesomeItem.png"
}

Make sure to rename each item and throw them into the 'assets' folder and that should do it.

Last edited:

Pathoschild

Planter
hey you in the prestige mod stands there isofficial luck skill support but after the unofficial update, there isnt

and: if i use your version smpai says there is an update 1.4.0 :P
I fixed the manifest so it no longer shows the incorrect build number, thanks!

I only fixed the version and update check info though. You should still message the original updater for any issues or questions with the unofficial update.

ninaplaysagame

Newcomer
i can do the converter but idk how to add the items if it adds items! which ones were you looking for?
Honestly there are quite a few, some of which I sincerely doubt are ever going to be updated by the people who made them. I was just hoping there was something I could look at that could take me through the process without having to rely on three separate programs to convert one file, since apparently my computer isn't having that. I have no clue why, and no clue how to fix it. Something about an exit status error 1, or something like that?

Would I need to send you the files, or is there some other way or process I need to do? Really, all I want is just a written or visual guide for this. Like, I've tried reading through the wiki modding pages and guides on CP's github page about converting for 1.6, but absolutely nowhere is there anything about how to convert old BFAV mods to CP. Unless I'm missing something?

ninaplaysagame

Newcomer
Hello ! i just found that, don't know if that can help you (i didn't try)

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/20986
Yeah, that's the one I tried and it just isn't working. Something about an exit status error 1 or something like that. I've considered reporting it as a bug, but the person who uploaded the mod just comes across to me as kind of rude and a little unwilling to help, so I'd rather just not engage and try to find other options.

Last edited:

lilyofvalley

Newcomer
Here's Luck Skill by spacechase0, updated for Stardew Valley 1.6 by Nykal145. This reupload just fixes the version number convention (to avoid breaking update alerts for the official mod) and removes the unofficial update key (to avoid players downloading the build with the incorrect version number).
Only a moment ago I saw your reminder for the unofficial version conversion on the nexus, and it's here! I want to say thank you for your time!

Hey there! I've been doing some testing myself on how to convert the products and I think I got it.

Under each animal entry you'll find the items they produce:
"ItemId": "Name of animal product" (only change it if it has a name. If it has a number, it's referring to a vanilla asset)

Change it to something like this:
"ItemId": "(UniqueID from the Manifest)_(Item name with no spaces)"
example: "ItemId": "sakialyn.BFAVconversion_SuperAwesomeItem"

Then at the very bottom, after the animal sprites, add the below. This will give CP the specifics of the item:

{
"LogName": "Load data for (Item name with spaces)",
"(UniqueID from the Manifest)_(Item name with no spaces)": {
"Name": "(UniqueID from the Manifest)_(Item name with no spaces)",
"DisplayName": "(Item name with spaces)",
"Description": "(Copy the description over, you can find this in the object.json for each product)",
"Category": (Honestly, I do not know which numbers correspond to which categories, so this might require some trial and error to find the right one.)
"Price": (Price for the product),
"Texture": "(UniqueID from the Manifest)/(Item name with no spaces)",
"Edibility": (You can find this in the object.json for each product),
}
}
},

I've been adding in each product this way, and once you have them all, underneath you will add the below. This will tell CP where to load the sprites:

{
"LogName": "Load Object Sprites for (Item name with spaces)",
"Target": "(UniqueID from the Manifest)/(Item name with no spaces)",
"FromFile": "assets/(whatever you named the sprite).png"
},

As an example:

{
"LogName": "Load data for Super Awesome Item",
"sakialyn.BFAVconversion_SuperAwesomeItem": {
"Name": "sakialyn.BFAVconversion_SuperAwesomeItem",
"DisplayName": "Super Awesome Item",
"Description": "Item is so awesome, it's a game breaker.",
"Category": -18
"Price": 9000,
"Texture": "sakialyn.BFAVconversion/SuperAwesomeItem",
"Edibility": 50,
}
}
},
{
"LogName": "Load Object Sprites for Super Awesome Item",
"Target": "sakialyn.BFAVconversion/SuperAwesomeItem",
"FromFile": "assets/SuperAwesomeItem.png"
}

Make sure to rename each item and throw them into the 'assets' folder and that should do it.
I'll give this a shot! Thanks!

p1xel8ted

Greenhorn
Last edited:

XiNaaru

Tiller
Can anyone make an update for the mod

That were very nice :)

spaciousace01

Greenhorn
I know bblueberry is (most likely) working on an update for Love of Cooking, but I'm not sure if there's an update for Gift Wrapper in the works.

I haven't used it before but it looks super cute and I'd love to give it a try!

SpringsSong

Farmhand
Would anyone be willing to help me with updating a map? I have a custom map I've been using since 1.1 and the SMAPI portion finally broke, and with the ability to have custom farms without any additional frameworks, I'd like to fully convert it over but it's been so long since I've modded Stardew that I'm completely lost. ^^; (Disclaimer: the map is a heavily-edited personal version of an existing mod so those files would be sent directly to whoever is willing to assist)