Unofficial mod updates

FlyingTNT

Farmhand
This is still not loading for me, SMAPI says it's incompatible despite the mod compatibility page listing the unofficial version :-(
That is an issue with smapi version 4.0.1 and lower. If you update to 4.0.2 or later, it should work. Thanks for letting me know; I'll add that to my old post.

Stalwart

Greenhorn
Is there anyone who has updated the Fishing Chests Expanded mod yet? If not, is there anyone that could? :) Thank you in advance for any replies!

First time here I'm wondering if someone can update this mod.
there was a information written by NoisyFox:
I believe that this mod is now maintained by PathosChild, as a result it will likely get an update eventually, but it will probably take a while because Pathos updates their own mods first, and they have a *LOT* of mods to keep on top of.
So it could be that it will take some time until there is an update to that. :)

Pathoschild

Planter
I updated ModUpdateMenu to work on version 1.6, you can find the pull request here.
I added an unofficial version number to help with update alerts as well.
Thanks! Here's the same update, but I...
  • fixed the version number convention (to avoid breaking update alerts for the official mod);
  • removed the unofficial update key (to avoid players downloading the build with the version number issue);
  • and removed the unused DLLs.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks! Here's the same update, but I fixed the unofficial version (to avoid breaking update alerts for the official mod) and removed the unused DLLs.
This is just not useful for those with at mods or unoffical... states many need updates but none do there ether not a file I need or another version entirely.. was a neat idea but ill pass..
example this states it needs updated
(AT)Hayao Miyazaki style furniture
why that bolded from pasting name no idea ... but it needs update ok..go to the page its not a update its for those who had a issue with the original if it was empty this can be said for like so many of my AT mods like um... so confusing...

I kinda wish u could exclude Alterative texture mods from this list nice for the big mods.. but I will stick to the smapi parse thing to keep eye..

Last edited:
I had the same issue, while I was converting one BFAV mod - turned out that I had one extra sequence in the Animals section in shoptexture (I've written word "Animals/" twice there). After I deleted it, I was able to open the option in Marnie's shop for the purchase animals :) It also helped me a lot to use this website: https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/# - it looks for the errors in your JSON file and pointing out where and what kind of error you have there :)
Yeah I figured that out a few days ago too, thanks :)

You have been working on conversions too, do you have any idea how to handle the ja products? Because now my animals work perfectly, but they all drop error signs instead of the specific products
Bleh. I was worried something like that was gonna happen. I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I can figure out. I have fun adulting things like filing my taxes to do today :P

meggiee

Planter
Bleh. I was worried something like that was gonna happen. I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I can figure out. I have fun adulting things like filing my taxes to do today :P
Oh well, we're both doing fun things then, I have my thesis to write :defeated::skull:
While I'm still on a break, I think I'll go take a look at some of the mods updated by the author that have working products, see if I can get an idea...