Unofficial mod updates

Amy

Tiller
I would really like for someone to update Better Junimos and Better Junimos Forestry.
Better Junimos at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
Better Junimos Forestry at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Better Junimos already has an unofficial update (the Github), but apparently the issues are still there where they cannot work in the greenhouse and not work in Grampleton Fields and Ginger Island. This is my SMAPI log for my personal experience with it (I did not use Grampleton Fields, I found this out reading comments). SMAPI log parser - SMAPI.io

The second one, Junimos Forestry, has not been updated for 1.6 or touched in a few years in general.
Not sure what the functionality of those mods was, but I know of one that lets the Junimos harvest your crops in the greenhouse for you and put them in a custom container (comes with the mod). It's called Greenhouse Gatherers. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/7619

Sorry if it's not at all what you were after. I thought I'd mentioned it just in case.

AkashaAceron

Greenhorn
Hello,
Does anyone one if there are unofficial updates for these mods? Its kinda game-breaking for me to play without them. I've tried update them to 1.6 myself, but I'm out of the loop when it comes to coding (haven't done it in years) and I'm having a hard time trying to get it right. I've also tried to contact the mod creators but I'm not getting any responses so I thought I might try my luck here.

Amy

Tiller
Hello,
Does anyone one if there are unofficial updates for these mods? Its kinda game-breaking for me to play without them. I've tried update them to 1.6 myself, but I'm out of the loop when it comes to coding (haven't done it in years) and I'm having a hard time trying to get it right. I've also tried to contact the mod creators but I'm not getting any responses so I thought I might try my luck here.

Animated Gemstones still works if you don't use the DGA version: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4986

I sincerely hope you get a reply for Reverse Proposal. Though, technically it still "works", it just doesn't change your relationship status, so technically you can let the cutscene play and then show up with a bouquet for your bachelor/bachelorette of choice. (Their response is really underwhelming anyway, so it doesn't really feel like the cutscene was for nothing).

AkashaAceron

Greenhorn
Animated Gemstones still works if you don't use the DGA version: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4986

I sincerely hope you get a reply for Reverse Proposal. Though, technically it still "works", it just doesn't change your relationship status, so technically you can let the cutscene play and then show up with a bouquet for your bachelor/bachelorette of choice. (Their response is really underwhelming anyway, so it doesn't really feel like the cutscene was for nothing).
Thanks, I'll get the other version of Animated Gemstones. I hope I get an answer on Reverse Proposal too. I mean, I can fix the dialog, so that's not an issue for me, I just can't figure out how to update the mod itself otherwise, thanks for the workaround though, I didn't think that it would still work.

meggiee

Planter
Hello,

PPJA will not be updated as far as I know, and the assets are locked, so no chances of an unofficial port. But Cornucopia is worked on by some of the same authors and is using quite a lot of the same assets, so that's your best bet

Tuiza

Farmhand
Hello╰(*°▽°*)╯

Could anyone update Choose Baby Gender ? I know that it doesn't matter as the second child will be the opposite gender of the first but i would like to first have a boy with Alex so I can divorce him and have a girl with someone else (Evil bitch Joja save)

AkashaAceron

Greenhorn
PPJA will not be updated as far as I know, and the assets are locked, so no chances of an unofficial port. But Cornucopia is worked on by some of the same authors and is using quite a lot of the same assets, so that's your best bet
Thank you so much, I didn't even know that mod existed.

chiccen

Greenhorn
Request : I'd really appreciatei t if someone could make an update for Better Garbage Cans

Source code : https://github.com/Sandman534/StardewValleyMods/tree/master/Better Garbage Cans
It isn't quite the same, as it is something I built from the ground up as its own thing. But I was inspired by the birthday mechanic and the idea of tweaking garbage cans in general to make Garbage Can Tweaks. I am a relatively rookie modder, so definitely let me know if there are any major bugs or errors. I also apologize if it lacks features you enjoyed from Better Garbage Cans. Honestly I am unlikely to be adding any more features that I didn't already list on the Nexus page. But if you liked the birthday items, and perhaps some other features (and future features) listed on the page, then it might be worth checking out :) project is also open source, you can find the Github here

Last edited:

MagnusMcKay

Greenhorn
Hello! Is there anyone who has done or can do an update to this mod?

Thanks for any help in advance! :) Love and appreciate all the hard work going on here by everyone!
I'm using it in 1.6 and it works fine for me. All the FS mods I have work fine without updates to the clothing/accessory/hair files :)