Unofficial mod updates

lianace

Cowpoke
Does anyone know the permissions surrounding Yellog's work? I know they are no longer active in the modding community and their works are abandoned, but I am unsure if it's okay for me to post conversions of their work.

Donnie24

Farmhand
I believe someone posted a little ways back that they found permissions that okayed unofficial updates for Yellog
Well, I'm not sure about this.

First, Yri posted this Notice on Nexus, she set her mods as hidden for a reason.

second, she was just online yesterday and third, no of her mods have open permission, you must get permission from her for modifications and asset use.

Donnie24

Farmhand
Yellog and Yri are two different people.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know this. Thank you for your correction. I thought it's the same author, because I have the Project Yellog Town Overhaul mod, the Project Yellog Ridgeside mod and the Project Yellog Museum Expansion mod and the author of all this mods is Yri.

lianace

Cowpoke
I believe someone posted a little ways back that they found permissions that okayed unofficial updates for Yellog
I saw this, but they never posted a link or elaborated as to where Yellog had expressed that. I'd like to make sure Yellog allows updates/conversions, beyond someone stating it's open permission without sources. I use Nexus to post my mods and conversions, and your account can get banned there for using assets you don't have permissions for.😅

lianace

Cowpoke
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know this. Thank you for your correction. I thought it's the same author, because I have the Project Yellog Town Overhaul mod, the Project Yellog Ridgeside mod and the Project Yellog Museum Expansion mod and the author of all this mods is Yri.
As teebenji said, Yri and Yellog are two different people but I don't blame you for getting confused! Yri has made mods inspired by Yellog to match Yellog's buildings and their aesthetic. Yri is still active in the community as far as I know, Yri is just on a break atm (so no point in converting Yri's mods imo). Yellog on the other hand has been inactive for a few years, and their mods have not been updated anywhere from 2 to 4+ years (not to mention that their CP mods have been broken for quite a while in later versions of Stardew). Considering their mods are abandoned and broken, I wanted to convert their mods to AT and update them to work with 1.6. But before that I want to make sure they allow conversions/updates but their original mods posted on Nexus have been deleted so I can't check the permissions. I even tried using wayback machine to access the archived page, but the drop downs don't work, meaning I can't open the permission drop down to see the permissions they gave for their mods. 😭 I love their mods and would love to update them to keep them alive.

fxrrmoss

Greenhorn
Could you add the mods' sources (The link from its Nexus page, GitHub page, thread in a forum or whatever) so we can be sure conversions are allowed?
The Yellog one allows conversions, even the file I provided was one I found on this same forum lol

The other one is from Naver and I downloaded it a while ago, but generally most Naver mods have permission as long as they don't pass off the mods as completely their own... It would be a bit difficult for me to search for the link, sorry

Tyre_4770

Greenhorn
hi, does anyone know if there's been updates for these?
Korea Blossom
Bonster's Fruit & Veggies/Trees
Nightmare's Additional Weaponry
and these by lunanightmare: candy cane crops, berries for bushes, mythical flowers, lollipops, devilish horns, halloween crops, tiny fruit buns, pink chocolate, regular chocolate, pink/reg chocolate recipes, and vday flowers

I updated JA today and a lot of stuff broke that was working before.

Edit: actually everything I had that's JA broke with 1.11.7, swapped back to 1.11.6 and it works fine now. weird. I heard something about converting JA mods to Content Patcher? can that be done with the converter tool?

Last edited:

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Korea Blossom
and these by lunanightmare: candy cane crops, berries for bushes, mythical flowers, lollipops, devilish horns, halloween crops, tiny fruit buns, pink chocolate, regular chocolate, pink/reg chocolate recipes, and vday flowers

Edit: actually everything I had that's JA broke with 1.11.7, swapped back to 1.11.6 and it works fine now. weird. I heard something about converting JA mods to Content Patcher? can that be done with the converter tool?
I think Bonster said they'll be working on their mods.

Kaya (Korea Blossom) requires permission to convert her mods, and has been inactive for a while. Someone did try to reach out to a place they thought they could find her to ask, but no word as far as I know whether that permission was granted.

Last edited:

Zydar C.

Tiller
Korea Blossom

Kaya (who made Korea Blossom) seems to have stopped modding or even posting on her blog since November 2021. I reached out to her on Discord recently, but she hasn't responded.