Unofficial mod updates

lkwilliams1002

Greenhorn
Better Chests allow you to do similar functions like Chest Label and Carry Chest. HD Portraits may be updated but have no idea about the portrait mod.

WhitneyFox

Planter
Not specifically Mod related, but does anyone know where the XNB file for "Object Information" has gone in the game files? Previously I could go into that file and change things such as what items were in the geodes, how long a buff lasted, how much something cost or was worth...... The file was in the Data folder in the Content folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Data (on Windows, not sure about Mac or Linux) but it's gone since the 1.6 update.

DonBuckwald

Greenhorn
Hello everyone! I believe I've seen a couple mods from my list below mentioned once or twice in the past week or so, but I was also curious if anyone had any knowledge/news about these being officially updated as well? If not I suppose I would ask if anyone here would be open to taking a look, but if any of these are stuck in limbo I may look to move on from them >_<. Much appreciation to anyone willing to take a look!

- AeroCore
- Better Artisan Good Icons
- Better Sprinklers
- Clean Cellar
- CustomChores
- HD Portraits
- 1oxnes and talkohlooeys' Seasonal Portraits
- 1oxnes and talkohlooeys' Seasonal SVE Portraits
- Custom NPC Fixes
- CustomMusic
- Family Planning
- Gift Taste Helper
- HelpfulSpouses

I know HD Portraits was mentioned before (probably the most important one to me) and it's possible that a couple of these will be 'fixed' by another dependency mod getting updated (i.e., Helpful Spouses relies upon Custom Chores, Seasonal Portraits relies upon HD Portraits, etc.). Unless I missed it as I've been scanning posts here since the 1.6 update there haven't been any updates done 'unofficially' to these ones. Thanks again to everyone helping out the hundreds of players here!

mosycobble

Greenhorn
... but does anyone know where the XNB file for "Object Information" has gone in the game files? Previously I could go into that file and change things such as what items were in the geodes, how long a buff lasted, how much something cost or was worth......
The file ist now Objects.xnb and also has changed to json format (this is much easier to read, nevertheless occupies much more room in the text editor).
But instead of changing the file directly (I did this too before I knew this is possible much better), you should use Content Patcher and create a simple mod for this. You can take nearly every CP-Mod as a template and e.g. change the price of an item in the content.json of the mod:
JSON:
{
    "Format": "2.0.0",
    "Changes": [       
        {
            "_comment": "Object Modifications",
            "Action": "EditData",
            "Target": "Data/Objects",
            "LogName": "myLogs",
            "Fields": {
                "261": { // desert totem
                    "Price": "250"
                }
            },
        },
    ]
}

FarmerChris

Greenhorn

Attachments

meggiee

Planter
Hello everyone! I believe I've seen a couple mods from my list below mentioned once or twice in the past week or so, but I was also curious if anyone had any knowledge/news about these being officially updated as well? If not I suppose I would ask if anyone here would be open to taking a look, but if any of these are stuck in limbo I may look to move on from them >_<. Much appreciation to anyone willing to take a look!

- AeroCore
- Better Sprinklers
- Clean Cellar
- CustomChores
- HD Portraits
- Custom NPC Fixes
- CustomMusic
- Family Planning
- Gift Taste Helper
- HelpfulSpouses

I know HD Portraits was mentioned before (probably the most important one to me) and it's possible that a couple of these will be 'fixed' by another dependency mod getting updated (i.e., Helpful Spouses relies upon Custom Chores, Seasonal Portraits relies upon HD Portraits, etc.). Unless I missed it as I've been scanning posts here since the 1.6 update there haven't been any updates done 'unofficially' to these ones. Thanks again to everyone helping out the hundreds of players here!
I know that Custom NPC Fixes is now redundant, since the base game implemented it, so don't think it'll get updated.
Custom Music is by Platonymous, so if it is still relevant in 1.6 it has chances of getting updated, since the author is always active.
BAGI is another one made mostly redundant by the 1.6 update, so small chances of getting updated too.

meggiee

Planter
I know that Custom NPC Fixes is now redundant, since the base game implemented it, so don't think it'll get updated.
Custom Music is by Platonymous, so if it is still relevant in 1.6 it has chances of getting updated, since the author is always active.
BAGI is another one made mostly redundant by the 1.6 update, so small chances of getting updated too.
Oh, and AeroCore is officially obsolete too, this is the description on nexus "OBSOLETE. DO NOT USE IN 1.6+. THIS MOD IS NO LONGER REQUIRED. DO NOT USE. This mod is now retired. It is not compatible with 1.6 and no support will be offered."

DonBuckwald

Greenhorn
Oh, and AeroCore is officially obsolete too, this is the description on nexus "OBSOLETE. DO NOT USE IN 1.6+. THIS MOD IS NO LONGER REQUIRED. DO NOT USE. This mod is now retired. It is not compatible with 1.6 and no support will be offered."
Thank you so much for the additional context! I've been trying to spot when mods are made officially obsolete by checking my logs, but SMAPI doesn't have the most up to date info for everything that got roped into 1.6 as now just 'part of the game'. For BAGI, based on the posts I've seen after what you mentioned, it seems this is more of a preference thing at this point since I love the art, but not holding my breath lol. I made some tweaks based on your notes and it looks like my official wish list has been trimmed down ! ^_^ Appreciate the news!

- Better Sprinklers (Found Alternative!)
- Clean Cellar
- Custom Chores
- HD Portraits (Appears to be getting an official update, per author post from a month ago...)
- Family Planning
- Gift Taste Helper (Found Alternative!)
- HelpfulSpouses

Last edited:

kanadeyoru

Cowpoke
Am I the only one missing play with Pet Interaction and Help Wanted ?

Last edited:

XiNaaru

Tiller
Can anyone make Updates for this 2 PFM Packs pls?

i have write the develeoper, because i had make an germen translation for these both, but no answer.
but smapi saysthings because rules or so

(
[Producer Framework Mod] No producer found for ProducerName Preserves Jar - Copper. This rule will be ignored.
[Producer Framework Mod] No producer found for ProducerName Preserves Jar - Iron. This rule will be ignored.
[Producer Framework Mod] No producer found for ProducerName Preserves Jar - Gold. This rule will be ignored.
[Producer Framework Mod] No producer found for ProducerName Preserves Jar - Iridium. This rule will be ignored.
[Producer Framework Mod] No producer found for ProducerName Keg - Copper. This rule will be ignored.
[Producer Framework Mod] No producer found for ProducerName Keg - Iron. This rule will be ignored.
[Producer Framework Mod] No producer found for ProducerName Keg - Gold. This rule will be ignored.
[Producer Framework Mod] No producer found for ProducerName Keg - Iridium. This rule will be ignored.
)

Last edited:

kanadeyoru

Cowpoke
Jongora's mod are also all broken, theyrereally great and I hope someone updates them to 1.6